General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

93 coolant level sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:08 AM

93 coolant level sensor

Any place to get replacement (in rad) coolant level sensor module?

1993 specific seems to be elusive.

Thx
Old 03-03-2016, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Re: 93 coolant level sensor

Do you have a part # ? The 93 factory manual shows the location of the level sensor to be the same as later years (right end tank, just below the fill neck). The wiring diagram shows it is a two wire sensor. Is it possible that it is the same as my 94?

Shoebox shows two different part numbers, one for 94-97 (2 way connector) and another for 94/95 (8-way connector), but my 94 has a 2-pin connector.

1993-1997 F-Body Part Number Collection

http://shbox.com/1/low_coolant.jpg
Old 03-03-2016, 09:30 PM

The part # for 93 is 10195576 according to Suburban Chevrolet in Oregon but has been discontinued.I thought the 93 and 94 radiator were the same.Anyway, autoparts warehouse has some modules that they say fit Camaros but they don't say what years.About $20.00 to $50.00 I think.Might give them a call.They are made by Standard part # FLS 24 or SIFLS24.Hope this helps.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:37 PM

Hope this helps, this particular web site claims they have your part. Might be a good idea to call them to verify if they really have it in stock. The part # is 10195576 according to GM Parts for 93 Z28 Coolant Level Module. $17.36 www.oemautopartsandaccessories.com

Here is the url link
Module, 8 CYLINDER, 1993-97, coolant level for 1993 Chevrolet Camaro 10195576 Make your order today - it's quick.

You may also want to try asking your GM Dealership Parts Guy if he can search for any dealers in the U.S. that may have your part. I have done that numerous times, and they printed out a list of the dealers that still carry the part I needed.

Last edited by gaedbo; 03-03-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by pearlpurple
Any place to get replacement (in rad) coolant level sensor module?

1993 specific seems to be elusive.

Thx
I came here to post almost the same thing so I'm glad you started this thread.

Why are you replacing your sensor module? I have a 94 Z28 and I think low coolant sensor module is toast. The low coolant light keeps coming on. Visual inspection of the coolant levels in the radiation and in the overflow tank show level are fine. The car isn't overheating so the sensor must be bad. Are you having the same issue?
Old 03-21-2016, 07:32 PM

Ive replaced several lately for the same reason. Seems quality of ebay sensors is not good. Some worked for a few days, others for 6 months.
I finally disconnected the sensor and called it a day.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by gaedbo
Hope this helps, this particular web site claims they have your part. Might be a good idea to call them to verify if they really have it in stock. The part # is 10195576 according to GM Parts for 93 Z28 Coolant Level Module. $17.36 OEM Auto Parts - Genuine Factory Parts

Here is the url link
Module, 8 CYLINDER, 1993-97, coolant level for 1993 Chevrolet Camaro 10195576 Make your order today - it's quick.

You may also want to try asking your GM Dealership Parts Guy if he can search for any dealers in the U.S. that may have your part. I have done that numerous times, and they printed out a list of the dealers that still carry the part I needed.
I ordered the one that is for 93. For approx. $30 bucks (includes shipping) I will take a chance and let you guys know once it comes in and I replace it.

My sensor is coming on only after the engine is hot and running for a bit. I thought maybe the level is going down once it starts up, thermo opens, etc. etc. and maybe the sensor was fine. I bravely & carefully (covered it with a large rag) removed the rad cap after coming back from a short run making the sure the low coolant light was on and when I checked the coolant level in the rad is was up way past the sensor so it must be the sensor. Do these things react different when at operating temp. or does the computer only look after a certain temperature??? Why would the low coolant light come on only after a warm up drive as I don't think the level is dropping at all.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 09:57 AM

I ordered the one that is for 93. For approx. $30 bucks (includes shipping) I will take a chance and let you guys know once it comes in and I replace it.

My sensor is coming on only after the engine is hot and running for a bit. I thought maybe the level is going down once it starts up, thermo opens, etc. etc. and maybe the sensor was fine. I bravely & carefully (covered it with a large rag) removed the rad cap after coming back from a short run making the sure the low coolant light was on and when I checked the coolant level in the rad is was up way past the sensor so it must be the sensor. Do these things react different when at operating temp. or does the computer only look after a certain temperature??? Why would the low coolant light come on only after a warm up drive as I don't think the level is dropping at all.

Thanks
Just got a reply from the parts source. DEAD END part is no longer available.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:27 AM

How is the radiator?I'm just wondering if there might be a restriction in the cooling system somewhere.Was the sensor rusty?
I replaced my stant radiator cap with a genuine ac delco one,flushed out the system,had new hoses put on,because I was loosing coolant.The guy that sold me the car said he had a new sensor put on the waterpump before I bought the car.My car runs cool now with 50/50 green stuff.Hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:20 PM

Thanks
Mine would only come on after extended driving and sitting in traffic, when it was going bad. Level was fine.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Administrator

This sensor was used in several GM car lines. But over the years the part number may have changed. While the original part number used in 1993 may have been discontinued, there may be a later interchange. I know I did a search a while back, and found numerous aftermarket replacements available. The cheap ones were probably Chinese rip-offs, at less than $10, but it's not a critical sensor, so an aftermarket replacement might be worth taking a chance on.