General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

5 Passenger 4th Gen?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:53 AM

5 Passenger 4th Gen?

So... my family got a little bigger recently. This year at the Cruise-Ins, there'll be 5 of us and one Camaro. In the past it's been just the 3 of us... myself and two 'early teens' kids. Plenty of room for one adult and 2 kids. But 2 adults and 3 kids?

Anyone have any suggestions or know of a decent rear seat setup that could conceivably buckle 3 kids in the back? Keep in mind these are kids who are nearing adult sizes, but not quite adult heights yet. It doesn't have to be an ideal or even incredibly comfortable setup... most of the cruises we go to are within a 30-45 minute drive and once we get there, we walk around.

The obvious limitation is the driveshaft tunnel. No matter what you try to do with a seat (and seat belt) back there, there is only so much room between the hump and the ceiling in the center. Even if you just squeezed the third kid in the middle without a seatbelt (and I'm not willing to do that more than once in a great while) it's going to be cramped.

The good news is, I met an awesome chick who has a kid that wants to join in our vehicular mayhem! Rear seats are just a detail.