Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #1

4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

This is a question i searched up but could not find so i investigated myself.

I know the electric windows can be a luxury but they can also be a pain. I have a wrecked 95 v6 with manual windows and a 94 z28 with electric windows. Needless to say my windows in my 94 are off track, causes my t-tops to leak. And the window motors dont work. I myself have always loved the manual windows due to the fact of how easy the electric ones go out.
My question was can you interchange the manual windows into the electric window door. Well i found out my answer and thought i would share.

This is the electric door if you look closely to where the window motor mounts you can see a different set of holes. Those were for the manual window optionsClick the image to open in full size.

This is the manual window door as you can see where the manual window track mounted.Click the image to open in full size.

The only difference is unlike a electric window where you can just take out the motor on a manual you have to take out the whole track.Click the image to open in full size.

So my conclusion was that you can change them over. Hope this helps with one out a million questions about the 4th gen.

This is the door before i tore it apart.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
4th Gen 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
Administrator

Re: 4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

Thanks. That is good information.
11.86 at 112
My blog is here: http://www.downtime.com
TedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

Re: 4th gen Manual windows vs electric windows

Also here is another hint from a parts car. I didnt want to make another thread on something so simple. If you have a tore driver seat in the top part. You can steal the passenger seat cover off the parts car and put it over the driver side. Only thing is you got to cut a slit for the seat release in the back and fish around for the seat belt guide screw holes but works perfect. If your missing foam just cut the section out that you need and glue it in place. This has probably been said before but this is a common issue for most of us. All you would have to do is take a trip to the junk yard and it takes 2 secs to remover seat cover.:beer: cheers

Referring to the common cloth seats also

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
4th Gen 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Reply Post New Thread