General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:41 PM

Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

ok, finally got the pics developed. Last time I buy a disposable camera too. I am going to get a Canon powershot S110 soon and will be taking pictures with that. I don't know when I am going to get it because I over spent when I bought the hatch and stuff it was missing.

These first 2 pictures of the way it looked when I got it.

Pictures of my engine that I didn't post last time

Here some pictures of my interior (not in the greatest condition, but it's replacable)

Here's when I was deciding what color to make the eyelits (or whatever they're called). Looks kinda like a superduper oakland raiders car, lol.

I forgot to get pictures when I had the ground FX black, but here you can see the back one as black before I made it silver.

And here are a few pictures of where I am currently. I am going to be getting 15" IROC style rims for it and will paint them graphite silver. I don't know if I am going to keep the blacked out tail lights, should I?

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 10-27-2004 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 10:05 AM

I would go all red.. That's what a real 25th would be painted... I can't believe how straight that car is!!! How many dings or dents have you found? There doesn't look to be many... Where is your TPI? What kind of Heads are you looking for?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:58 PM

There's just one noticable dent (that can be poped out hopefully) in the front right quarter panel. A few of the ground FX have cracks in them, but nothing big. I am looking for heads that are NON-swirl and that will work with a TPI system. It has a TBI and threw away the heads. I kinda shaved alittle too much off one of the exhaust ports anyway and broke through the water jacket so I tossed them both and am going to get better flowing one for a base to do my porting on.

BTW, I am repainting that door guard on the right side red again. Just doesn't seem to look right when it sticks out. Too thick.

The left side RS insignia on the ground FX is falling apart as well...

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 10-28-2004 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ucantcme57
I would go all red.. That's what a real 25th would be painted... I can't believe how straight that car is!!! How many dings or dents have you found? There doesn't look to be many... Where is your TPI? What kind of Heads are you looking for?

I agree. all red would be better. The red, silver and black are to much to look at IMO. It'll be nice to see it back in running condition and on the streets again!

Did you get a good title for it?
Old 10-28-2004, 04:23 PM

no not yet. I am working on that. I am having someone read over my letter I am sending to the bureau of titles and registration to see if they can help me out.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Metaldrgn
no not yet. I am working on that. I am having someone read over my letter I am sending to the bureau of titles and registration to see if they can help me out.
ouch. You do realize that it is entirely possible you will never be able to legally drive that car on public roads then? I wouldnt spend another dime on fixing it up until I had a good title in my hand. You could be spending your money on a piece of junk. no title = junk car.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:22 PM

Smile Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

I do realize I might not get a title for it, but I had to get some needed parts for it. The engine I will put money in because I can just repace and sell my old engine in my yellow car and tranny. I will not give up on this car until I have used every last option and that's not going to happen any time soon.

btw, you might have missed the point that this car should be retitleable because I found out from some documents that the car did go up for public sale and no one probably wanted it so they filed for a certificate of destruction. Also I have conformation that if the towing company wanted to they could get the title back, but like I said before, they are afraid they'll go to jail which makes me suspecious that they're either doing something wrong or don't know what they are doing. The title is clean except for the COD which shows up as a junk title. The laws for florida say they can reverse it.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:50 AM

Hate to revive a thread, but any updates?
Old 12-10-2004, 07:37 AM

I've been alittle forgetful about it lately because my other car has been having some problems I jsut fixed as of yesterday, but I finished my letter finally (perfected it) and I've developed some pictures (just some outside shots) to send in with the letter and other documents I have. I'm still working on the Florida title. I will try and send it all out today if I have time. I am still looking for 305 heads that I can get cheap and probably going to build a tpi setup for it. I will update this thread again as soon as I get word on whether or not anything can be done.
Old 12-10-2004, 03:08 PM

The package has been sent. I have delivery conformation so I will know when they get it.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:24 PM

this figures!! I just got those IROC rims and the 2 back ones were stuck on from rust and the person taking them off thought I'd be a good idea to use a regular steel hammer of all things to get it off. That one fatass owner/manager is really getting on my nerves. He told me to go wait inside because of "insurance reasons" (told me this last time I was here, but the other managers didn't mind me being out because there really wasn't anything for me to steal or get hurt on, BS FLAG!) when I know it's because he probably didn't want me to see the guy doing the work take it off like that because he knows I didn't like it. At first the guy was doing fine by hitting the tire and slipped a couple of times and hit the rim. When I got back to the office (like 35 feet away) I heard that same noise again, but louder and it kept getting louder. As you can imagine I was getting very upset, but I ignored it like I shouldn't have. I was hoping they were hitting in a place that would support the blows. Not a chance. He brought the rims over and I quickly loaded them into my car because they were all stacked and I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Once I got home I checked out the damage and sure enough he did some damage to the inside of the lip where the tire bead seats. Tell me what you think? BTW I know that has to be the damage they caaused because the front 2 rims and the outside of these 2 rims have NO dents in them. Here are a pictures:

Rim1

Rim2

here are the fullsize jpgs zipped

Last edited by Metaldrgn; 12-13-2004 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:32 PM

I'd be pissed too, but it looks like the rims are still strait and will hold air fine, shouldn't have any trouble with them
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 PM

thanks, I found a leak, but it's about 3 inches from one of the dents. Could just be the old tires though. Worse part is christmas is right around the courner and now I've gotta spend more money making sure the rims will work for me and try to get a decent pair of used 245/50R16s which aren't cheap by any means (thank god for credit cards though huh? ).
Old 12-13-2004, 08:54 PM

how do the tires look, tread? dryrot? wear? if they look good, just have the leak fixed, it is probably from corrosion on the inside lip of the rim
Old 12-13-2004, 09:36 PM

yea the tread is mostly gone and it is dryrotted kinda bad and you can see it somewhat in the pictures. Wear seems pretty even. They are Eagle GT+4s. If you need, I can take more.

Quick Reply: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...