General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:42 PM

Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

Well I didn’t want to do it, but I finally cut the fuel lines required to pull the fuel pump out. I found almost exactly what I was looking for. The fuel hose that connects the fuel pump to the fuel line was busted. The gasoline turned the hose to mush and failed.

Therefore they must have been having performance that was progressively getting worse. Diagnostics might have happened under the drivers kick panel and pinched the security wire under the flared nut which also failed for me. I don’t have enough clamps so I couldn’t test it, but I am confident that it should work now. I still have to install the accessories and plug the temp sensor hole for now.

I still have not gone back to the towing company because $500 is still hard to come by. My transmission in my new camaro (red ’85 IROC) is making a clicking in first gear that is getting worse plus some family problems I have to deal with and will be quite costly.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:15 PM

Re: 25th Ann camaro; certificate of destruction...

hope it all works out for you
Old 12-22-2006, 01:08 AM

small update again....

I called the towing company yesterday and the main guy said he was still willing to try and get the title back for me for the $500 fee. I called the DMV to check and see about the lien I had found out about in Tennessee that isn’t showing in Florida. They say I have to get an attorney and get a court order to get rid of the lien because it seems the dealership that has the lien is out of business so I’m kind of stuck right now. Furthermore, I am trying to find out what my next steps will be after the towing company requests the title back so I can try and see what my next obstacle will be so I can predict if I am going to get screwed out of $500 or not. I don’t want to pay out if I can’t get this thing on the road again because of some stupid rule or whatever I might run into later.

I still haven’t got her running yet, but I am close. There’s fuel up to the injectors and I am getting spark. I borrowed the tranny from her to put in my ’85 for the long haul out to California and back. This car has really been a godsend for me. I mean I had a family crisis and had to drive to California and didn’t have much money to start with. There have been other things too that just oddly happen that if it weren’t for this car, I would be paying a lot of money out.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Metaldrgn
I called the towing company yesterday and the main guy said he was still willing to try and get the title back for me for the $500 fee. I am trying to find out what my next steps will be after the towing company requests the title back so I can try and see what my next obstacle will be so I can predict if I am going to get screwed out of $500 or not. I don’t want to pay out if I can’t get this thing on the road again because of some stupid rule or whatever I might run into later.
I'd tell the towing company you'll only pay them $500 if they get you the title. That way if there is some little catch and you can't get the title back you owe him nothing. Also that way you can be sure the guy actually tries on your behalf and just doesn't call you a few days later and say he can't get it back for you with him even trying.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:46 PM

Well I finally took her out of the garage last week to clean my garage and give her a bath that she much needed then put her back in. Engine still not running. Haven't messed with it in awhile, but I have an idea what I'm going to do next. I know where the problem is, just have to finish troubleshooting it.

I bought some law school books which will help me on my way to get this title back. I'm now on midshift so I have more time for stuff like reading so I can find out what I need to for this title thing. Every time I think of it it just seems so stupid that I can't get the title easier seeing how there was no accident or damage from anything major. That's why I'm looking at the legal side of it. It's tough, but I think I can do it. The hardest part for me is going to be staying focused and finish the books so I can look into some other options.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:59 PM

I don't feel like reading 10 pages of posts. But have you ever thought of talking to a lawyer about the title issue?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 AM

Already done it. I've been through all the easy legal ways of doing this, now I either have to pay a lawyer big money or do it myself. Law is something I wanted to learn anyhow for my own sake. I might have to get a court order to remove the lien from the out of business car dealership in tennessee that should've probably already been taken care of.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM

Has this car already been registerd in FLA.? If so then the lien from Tenn. should not even be a problem.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM

No it wasn't. It was only owned and registered in tennessee until it came to florida and was abandoned. There were only 2 owners aside from the towing company. the second one had it from December 2002 till it got towed in late 2003.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:36 PM

Just read all the thread and much respect to you buddy for all your troubles. So did you get a title?
Old 09-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by astro64a409
Just read all the thread and much respect to you buddy for all your troubles. So did you get a title?
Metaldrgn had not been active on this site since 2/17/08.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:57 PM

What a ridiculous amount of wasted time for a freaking '92 POS. What the hell?
Old 10-22-2009, 11:10 AM

I'm still here and still have the car. I just talked to the DMV and they are calling the main DMV in tallahassee, Fl to see if they are going to give me a title or not so they can do their complience examination. The same ppl still work at the DMV as before so I'm still having troubles just getting them to believe me. I think I'm ready to give up though. The car has more than paid for itself from the parts I've been able to use from it (insurance and failed parts). I finally have a tow vehicle and the money to get it over to the DMV if it actually works out.

It's not going to work out. I still have to go through the towing company to get the title back and I don't want to pay $500 or deal with them anymore. I'm tired of trying to reason with people about this. I don't even know if the same people are there or if they would still do that anyhow becuase it's been so long. As much as I don't want to give up, I think I just can't keep holding onto it. I've got 4 cars now not including that one so I really need to downsize some. I will probably just list it on craigslist first or sell it to a salvage yard.