General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

1997 Camaro SS 30th anniv what is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 05:20 PM

1997 Camaro SS 30th anniv what is it worth?

1997 Camaro SS 30th anniv what is it worth? The car has 138,000 miles on it... Condition is averagefor the miles.... I know what Kelley Blue Book rates its value at i just wanted some opinions from everybody else... The car has new tires,t-tops,and is a 6-speed and red in color.....

Thanks Chris
Old 05-01-2004, 01:44 AM

I would say that the blue book value is going to be accurate. The car you are looking up is a 1997 Camaro and it is the 30th anniv YEAR, but not the 30th anniv EDITION Camaro. It would be worth the same as every other 1997 Camaro. Even if it was a true anniv edition it really is not worth anything more than a regular 1997. It is the same car, it just has a special appearance package on it to commemerate it. You would have to find a potential buyer who is willing to pay a little extra to get the anniv edition (artic white with hugger orange stripes, white leather seats, white 5-star 17" rims, and the 30th anniv edition dash plaque). There are some out there that would and have paid a tad extra to get this car though check sig Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start a flame war about this as it has been dragged through the mud a few times on this board, but I wanted to make sure you knew the difference because it sounds like you are either searching for the anniv edition or you are excpecting to pay more because you think that is what it is. On a side note if you do get this car enjoy --- I LOVE MINE!!! 1997 is the best year to have. Old style front end, new style interior, new style brake lights, and if you get the SS the old style ram air hood........oh yah and the LT1!!!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 01:57 AM

I had a 97 SS, it was black, not the ann. edition. With a 6spd, T's, leather, and such, $2000 in bolt ons and only 34000 miles, a got a whopping $15500 out of it 2 yrs ago. I miss it tremendously. I always follow NADA guides prices.

Last edited by camaronutt; 05-01-2004 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2004, 07:28 AM

Originally posted by browneye97ss
I would say that the blue book value is going to be accurate. The car you are looking up is a 1997 Camaro and it is the 30th anniv YEAR, but not the 30th anniv EDITION Camaro. It would be worth the same as every other 1997 Camaro. Even if it was a true anniv edition it really is not worth anything more than a regular 1997. It is the same car, it just has a special appearance package on it to commemerate it. You would have to find a potential buyer who is willing to pay a little extra to get the anniv edition (artic white with hugger orange stripes, white leather seats, white 5-star 17" rims, and the 30th anniv edition dash plaque). There are some out there that would and have paid a tad extra to get this car though check sig Don't get me wrong I am not trying to start a flame war about this as it has been dragged through the mud a few times on this board, but I wanted to make sure you knew the difference because it sounds like you are either searching for the anniv edition or you are excpecting to pay more because you think that is what it is. On a side note if you do get this car enjoy --- I LOVE MINE!!! 1997 is the best year to have. Old style front end, new style interior, new style brake lights, and if you get the SS the old style ram air hood........oh yah and the LT1!!!!!
Thanks for all the info and i know you are trying to help ... I know the diffrence between the two cars and i also know they made 100 with the lt4 engine but all camaros in 1997 were ann.. cars and this car is an SS which makes it more rare than a plain camaro from the same year...IMO 1995 is the best year camaro to have do a search... Somebody is selling this 97ss for $5200 which i think is a good deal i just need to drive it ... I am going their now.... Thanks for all the help guys....
Old 05-01-2004, 11:54 PM

Originally posted by camaronutt
............I always follow NADA guides prices.
Same here and so do most of the banks. Kelly Blue Book is way off base, usually towards the dealer/seller.

if you want to know the true value of a car, go to a used car dealer and ask him to look it up in his little black book. The car dealers all use a little black book to look up car values when they are at the auctions. (with I could remember the name right now)
Old 05-02-2004, 12:06 AM

i bought my 1993 Z28 with no t-tops, A4, and 65,000 miles with the current mods for $7000 and i think it was a steal. low miles, very well taken care of (always used synthetic oil) and some good starting mods like headers and such. use NADA or think about selling it on AutoTrader.com's Collector Cars section. Cars with mods in my opinion need a seperate place to be sold than regular cars. a 97 should go for a good price even with those miles, someone will want a 30th with t-tops, i know i would. plus you can ask for $12,000 and see what happens, then drop the price as you wish, depending on the length of time you want to try to sell it
Old 05-02-2004, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by RyanS_Z28
i bought my 1993 Z28 with no t-tops, A4, and 65,000 miles with the current mods for $7000 and i think it was a steal. low miles, very well taken care of (always used synthetic oil) and some good starting mods like headers and such. use NADA or think about selling it on AutoTrader.com's Collector Cars section. Cars with mods in my opinion need a seperate place to be sold than regular cars. a 97 should go for a good price even with those miles, someone will want a 30th with t-tops, i know i would. plus you can ask for $12,000 and see what happens, then drop the price as you wish, depending on the length of time you want to try to sell it
I bought the car today and payed $5600 cash and the car is in great shape .....
Old 05-02-2004, 12:38 AM

the 97 right? how many miles? engine in good shape? defects?
Old 05-02-2004, 01:46 AM

the 97 right? how many miles? engine in good shape? defects?
Yes i bought the 97 today the car has 139,000 miles.. The car was highway driven all its life... The person i bought the car from put 50,000 miles on it in less than 2years... I wasn't even looking to buy another car until i saw the 97...The body on the car is in great shape ,has brand new tires,new opti, clutch and water pump also.. The only defects on the car is the passenger seat has a burn in the leather seat and the orignal ss floor mats are not in the car....Might be time for a transplant of parts from the 95 to the 97
Old 05-02-2004, 02:23 AM

you've got a wicked buildup on the 95. was the LPE route that much more expensive than other parts?
Old 05-02-2004, 08:22 AM

you've got a wicked buildup on the 95. was the LPE route that much more expensive than other parts?
The LPE setup was a bit more than other setups but when i bought the heads cam package LPE was the best place to go to IMO.. You can make just as much power and save$ by going with like a set of Lloyds heads and cam.... I have never had any problems with any of the LPE parts... When put the LPE heads and cam on the car ran great and got 25 MPG... Plus the car went 12.60s@110. all motor with the LPE setup in my heavy *** car..... I would buy from LPE again....
Old 12-03-2020, 11:30 PM

Re: 1997 Camaro SS 30th anniv what is it worth?

The biggest differences were from the (regular SLP SS 30 year had a LT1 with 310hp) the Z28's had 285hp I believe. Then the 30th anniversary edition came in 2 colors orange with white huger or white or white with orange huger stripes, both had I believe the same white leather int seats and white wheels..30'th anniversary huger stripe SS's had a LT4 Package packing the corvette grandsport 330hp output replacing the badging for SS and a blue printed block so they were even under rated , running a stock 13.2 1/4 mile over the regular ss running 13.7-14.0 1/4 mile, the 6 speed and a 373 rear LSP came stock in the anniversary model. the Z28's and Z28ss both had the 342 LSD rear, hence some of the track time difference along with more power prob made 2-3 tenths faster 1/4 mile. The SS had a 4 speed auto option or ofered the standard 6 speed No 5 speeds came in SS's. Leather was an option on SS's and some didn't have all the power interior. So the anniversary models were the toughest with all it's options the look , speed and first production year of the SS agin. So I have a 1997 SS it says 30 year with Camaro badging on the seats but it's red with dark gray leather,T tops and a 4 speed auto a bit rare but still not worth much. If you look on Kelly's BB or Ebay it says it all, some out their are worth a lot of money but they have no miles and they are the more exiting models of SS not auto. The facts are that they are down on price right n=meow and they will climb but he's right the fact that it says 30th is just harder to get your seats re done and may just jet your money back in the sale unless it's the anniversary model it's still kind of just a bit forgot about Camaro Z28. The funny thing is so many make such a big deal about LS power when in fact the Lt1's have some much potential and are work working on to get big numbers with bolt on's, point being thees are still beast Camaro's and if it's speed you like the SS is the one to start with.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Re: 1997 Camaro SS 30th anniv what is it worth?

Not sure what the point is with responding to a 16+ year old thread about the value of a car. The original poster has not signed into this site for 11 years. And some of the info you posted is incorrect.