Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #1

1996 z28 unlocking issues.

Hello all, I bought a 1996 z28 a couple of weeks ago and after changing out the dead battery in my keyless entry the unlock button did not work. It will lock the doors and pop the truck, but it won't unlock. Also when I unlock the door using the key, the alarm likes to go off about seven seconds after I insert the outer key if I don't insert the inner key. And the inner unlocking buttons don't work until after I've inserted the inner key.

Any ideas on what is wrong with it?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
dmal2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #2

Re: 1996 z28 unlocking issues.

Did you ever resolve your issue? I just got my 94 Z28 running again after being down for 3 years, and I'm having a similar problem. The doors will lock & trunk will unlock with the remote, but it won't unlock the doors. I thought maybe it's the door lock actuator gone bad? I see there's some listed on ebay.
Taylor 8mm wires, LT4 KM, 17" SS wheels
13.73 @ 98.91, 1.93 60', 240 RWHP, 280 RWT
http://www.fallcruise.org
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Garage

Traffic is low on this particular forum. I'm going to move this to the "General 67-02 F-Body Tech" forum where you will have a better chance of getting a response. "dmal2012" hasn't visited the site for more than 2 months.

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.

Last edited by Injuneer; 10-26-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #4
Premium Member

Garage

Can you unlock them with the door buttons? If so, the problem is with the remote. You can clean the button contact with ordinary tissue after opening it. Try to get rid of the black residue on the circuit board left from the button material.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 AM   #5

I've tried that, but it didn't help. It did help another issue though - the hatch was popping when I pressed anywhere on the remote, weird! I can hear a clicking sound in the doors when I press the buttons, but nothing happens. I read in another thread where someone fixed the problem by replacing a broken switch, and my passenger side switch is broken, so I have a new one on the way.
Taylor 8mm wires, LT4 KM, 17" SS wheels
13.73 @ 98.91, 1.93 60', 240 RWHP, 280 RWT
http://www.fallcruise.org
DamonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:20 AM

Reply Post New Thread