General 1967-2002 F-Body Tech For general F-Body discussion that does not fit in any other forum.
For F-Body Technical/Information Discussion ONLY

1994 Z28 Camaro Flooding

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 08:41 AM

Angry 1994 Z28 Camaro Flooding

For some reason my other thread got deleted @Injuuner. Anyways i have a 1994 z28 camaro with a lt1 engine. There isn't really any mods done to it except a K&N CAI. When the engine warms up to about 180 degrees it dies and smells very rich with fuel and wont start for about another hour. I have replaced the Coolant temp sensor, new fuel pump like 300 miles ago, and the driver side o2 sensor (cant get the passenger side off ive tried everything
Old 11-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Re: 1994 Z28 Camaro Flooding

Have you scanned it for codes?

When it stalls, have you tried putting the accel pedal on the floor before turning the key to "start", and holding it there while trying to start the engine, holding it until the engine starts?

Have you checked the fuel pressure, both for rapid loss of pressure once the fuel pump primes and shuts off (key to "run", engine not started)? And for pressure with the engine idling ~43.5 psi, with the vacuum line off the fuel pressure regulator, reattach the vacuum line and the pressure should drop about 8 psi below the no-vacuum reading. While you have the vacuum line off the regulator, check it for wet fuel.

Test the wiring for the coolant temp sensor (hopefully the one you changed was the one in the water pump housing). Take the harness connector of the sensor, turn the key to "run" (don't start it) and see if you have 5 volts across the two pins of the harness connector.

Courtesy of Shoebox

4th Gen LT1 F-body Tech Articles
Old 11-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Re: 1994 Z28 Camaro Flooding

Originally Posted by Bryson_bones
For some reason my other thread got deleted ......(
Your earlier thread is gone because YOU deleted it, because:

my car got stolen
Please don't play games.

I'm trying to "undelete" that thread, since we've already gone through all of the above in that thread. At this point, it's just wasting time.

Restored the thread. This one will be closed.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/gen...ooding-884985/

Last edited by Injuneer; 11-06-2016 at 11:09 AM.