Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Wireing Harness Question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 AM

Angry Wireing Harness Question?

Hey everyone, sorry if this don't belong here but it does affect my ignition in a way. Here's my problem....I have been going through my 94 Z for about 3 days now and i just now noticed that none of my dummy lights are coming on when i turn the key on except the brake light. I have no idea how i overlooked this but i did somehow. I noticed a couple of days ago when i was trying to get the stereo to power on that some wires up in the dash behind the stereo had been cut and someone had attempted to splice and cut wires instead of buying an adapter. I also can see some things under the hood that have been left unplugged and or cut also i guess when the last owner rebuilt the motor. My question is....Is there any way of easily tracking down these wires or should i just see about replacing the whole harness? I have one of the Haynes repair manuals for the car but it looks like a bunch of spaghetti to me lol. Also, is there a chance that all the bulbs except the brake light have just burnt out? Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. And BTW, all gauges on the dash work if that tells you anything. Thanks guys!