Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

Where to find new Delco Optispark for 94?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Where to find new Delco Optispark for 94?

I am just beginning the journey of replacing my opti for the first time, and I am having a hard time finding a real Delco unit that is new, I do know they only make the re-manufactured ones now but surely we can get a new unit that is actually delco?

I know it's best to go with delco units instead of MSD but the remans have no warranty, and the MSD do provide warranty. I really do not want to do this more then once especially in a short time.. this car is my daily and I rely on it to get me to and from work 5 days a week.

So many different types of optispark units out there yet I cannot find any good reviews on any brand other then the Delco/Delphi and some OK reviews on MSD units... Come on GM why would you stop producing a genuine OEM part knowing we will need to replace them!!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Re: Where to find new Delco Optispark for 94?

Originally Posted by SEOJustin

I know it's best to go with delco units instead of MSD but the remans have no warranty, and the MSD do provide warranty.......
Are you assuming the reman AC Delco part has no warranty? This is what it says on the Summit listing for the AC Delco reman, when you click the "Warranty" button:

ACDelco replacement parts and ACDelco parts for Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars and light trucks and approved non-Ford applications carry a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty, whichever comes first. The warranty begins on the date of purchase. Labor is not covered.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:31 PM

Re: Where to find new Delco Optispark for 94?

Yeah, I was assuming this because the dealer on Amazon says there is no manufacturer warranty provided for remanufactured parts, exchanges for DOA but no actual miled warranty.