Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

What are the stock LT1 injectors? Multec / Bosch type II

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:08 PM

What are the stock LT1 injectors? Multec / Bosch type II

I know they are 24 pound injectors on a 94 LT1. But I dont know if they are multec or bosch type II injectors. Im looking to upgrade to Bosch type III 24 pound injectors for a better spray pattern / atomization and non metal body.

For those reading this that read my earlier split BLM issues. Im still working on that. Im going to add a catch can in-between the tube on the passengers side valve cover to throttle body. It is sucking in some oil right into the throttle body. I want to end this oil sucking problem to see if it helps the BLMs. But my time have been drawn into my 740il due to one of the timing chain guides falling apart.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Re: What are the stock LT1 injectors? Multec / Bosch type II

Stock injectors are Multec ball & seat.

The PCV vent line is before the throttle blades, so there is no appreciable vacuum to "suck" oil in. Normal flow is from the throttle body to the vacuum applied to the crankcase by the PCV valve. The problem is usually the result of excessive crankcase blowby pressuring the vent line to reverse flow and dump entrained oil into the throttle body.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 PM

So just to confirm its the tube that in shoebox's picture http://shbox.com/1/emission_hose_routing.jpg that is labeled ccv(air in). I removed the oil baffle in the valve cover (yes dumb). If air is going from the TB to that valve cover I don't think removing that baffle should matter with oil traveling towards the TB. Advise me if I am wrong.

I plan on changing the heads early April. When I do that I will drop the headers and do a leak down test. I have been searching around the net and others see oil seeping from the dip stick and/ or filler tube. There is no oil coming from those areas. I have not gone much over 3k rpms in the past 500 miles since I cleaned that tube. Only a few revs. But that tube has oil in it currently. The car is not over filled with oil.

I wont know much until I bring the car out of storage this April and do some testing. Thanks for the advise.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Administrator

The little baffle in the valve cover is there to prevent oil from blowing out of the valve cover, into the rubber hose when engine operating conditions cause crankcase pressure to build up. That can happen when there is more blowby than the PCV system can handle. Removing the baffle just made the problem worse.

Crack a ring land and you might get more blowby than the backflow through the hose can handle. Then you might get enough pressure to blow out the dipstick or cause oil seals to leak.