Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

LTCC ignition box w/built in 2 step. Finally figured it out...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 12:49 PM

LTCC ignition box w/built in 2 step. Finally figured it out...

I've had the box for a long time but decided to attempt utilizing the built in 2 step feature. Looking at the .pdf installation instuctions, it seemed to be a bit 'dry' in explanation so I tried several options but nothing activated the 2 step 'low rev limit' feature. I then looked online, hoping to find other users that had successfully enabled it. Imagine my frustration when I could not find a single reference to it that indicated how to set it up.

Frustrated, I went to the track anyway. As usual, my 60 foots sucked, with nothing below 2.xx, only turning 11.8s at 126mph.

Fast forward to today when I was going to craft an email to Bob Bailey (inventor of the LTCC) and ask what I was doing wrong. I wanted to reference the exact terms, settings, etc from his documentation so I pulled up the .pdf and looked at it. As I took mental notes, I looked a bit longer at one section and 'click', on came the recognition light. Previously, I had been focusing on how to set the 1st two switches on the DIP switch and the **** settings for level of limitation but the 4th switch is actually the one that switches the box to 'low rev limit mode'. DOH, I flipped that switch and took her for a test drive. Viola! She works as described!

Looking forward to another trip to the track.