Fuel and Ignition Fuel Pumps and Systems, Ignition and Spark Systems

High HP Fuel Systems - Q&A (4th Gen)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Banned

High HP Fuel Systems - Q&A (4th Gen)

whats up guys i am having a little hard time trying to set up my fuel system, let me let you guys know what i am doing here big system with
this is for an lt1 engine
A1000 pump
and 13101 regulator
10an feed from rear to front
i have my stock rails modified with the crossover pipe deleted with 8an feeds on the front of the rails on each rail then on the rear of the rails i have 6an fittings welded up for the returns my ? is how do i plumb this on the regulator do i have to run a seperate return line to the rear now or do i just Y the two 6an coming out of the back of the rails going ot the return port on the back of the regulator? thats my ? or do i have to do something else.also the i was told that this regulator is boost referenced 1:1 just hooking up the vaccum is this true?any help that can be given would be greatly apprecaited.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM

With that setup I would assume that you are running in parallel. You need to get 13109 it has 2 -6 inlets and 1 -6 return so you can take both rails to the regulator and then one return out back. Your current regulator has 2 -10 ports and 1 -6 return so you would have to buy adapters to get your rails to match. Another way you could do it is y them together and run a 13105 which has 1 -6 inlet/outlet. Only thing I'm not sure about it is running -8 to the rails and then -6 at the back of the rails, seems like it would be a restriction. How much power you looking to make? A -10 feed is pretty healthy.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

enough power is what i am looking to make, without lacking fuel or a proper fuel system lets just say i am building big for later somewhere in the 700-800hp(this is why i said BIG BOY SYSTEM) range also i already bought the 13101 regulator so i will have to make this one work with my application my ? once again will i have to run a RETURN LINE all the way to the back or can i just
Y it off to the 6an return port on the bottom of the regulator or do i have to top it off on the regulator and run a return all the way to the back.....

can someone please help as i think i more or less no what i am going to do it but would like to confirm this with others doing the same.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM

You need to run a line all the way to the back. Unless you want to run the regulator in the tank.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:31 PM
Banned

so with the regulator that i have NOW how would i plumb thisthen?€
Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Based on what you have provided the best thing I think would be to run the -10 feed, then y it into 2 -8 to the rails and then the 2 -6 lines bring to the regulator and then your -6 out to the tank. You can then run a vacuum line to your regulator for your boost reference.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
Banned

ok its the return part of the system that i am not understanding.....if i bring both 6an's off the back off the fuel rails then do 1 of them goto the regulator????????>and the other to the return line back to the tank?????????????this doesnt make any sense as i would be only returning one fuel rail back to the tank and not both....

--------------------8an out of regulator X -------------------10an feed from tank
[
[
[
6an return on bottom of reg.
l
l y'ed off to bottom port on reg?
6an return /\ 6an return
[ f [
[ u [
[ e [
[ l [
[ r [
[ a [
[ i [
[ l [
\/ Y'ed off 8an to each side of fuel rail
l
8AN FEED AT FRONT OF RAIL l 8an feed at front of raIL
l
l 8an maIN FEED FROM REG.

this is what i had in mind but how will the return work and can i use the factory return line from tank.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 PM

Dont know what all that is but here is a link to some pics to help you with it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ght=Fuel+Lines

-10 feed to a y block. 2 -8 lines out of the y block into the front of your rails. 2 -6 lines out of the back of your rails and into a regulator and then 1 -6 line out of the regulator to the tank as your return. The regulator is at the end of the system not the beginning. You can run it at the beginning if you want but I'm not sure if you have to run in series or parallel or if you can do either.

EDIT: Found a link to LJ's site. Click on the Fuel System link on the left and then the fuel system for 1000 hp. All those diagrams have the regulator at the beginning.

http://para.noid.org/~lj/

Last edited by ulakovic22; 08-07-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:52 PM

here is how mine is set up, I have a 12 line from my tank to the filter and 12 from the filter to the pump. its -8 from the pump to the Y on my intake. the return is 8 to my regulator witch Im using -10 to -8 reducers to hook up to the A1000 regulator and a -6 line back to the tank.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Administrator

You have one -6AN line coming off the back of each fuel rail. Attach one -6AN line to the -10AN port on the left side of the regulator, and the other -6AN line to the -10AN port on the right side of the regulator. Attach a -6AN line to the -6AN port on the bottom of the regulator, and run that line back to the fuel tank.

The regulator controls fuel pressure by opening and closing a valve in the regulator, to control how much fuel flows back to the tank.

Putting a -6AN outlet on the rail, when you have an -8AN inlet on the other end, will not cause a "restriction". There is always less fuel flowing out of the rail than there is flowing into the rail, so the outlet can be smaller.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM

I thought on high HP applications running in series wasn't the best idea because of the pressure/volume differential between the first and last injector? Running in parallel effectively cuts that risk in half.

Last edited by ulakovic22; 08-08-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Banned

thanks lethal93ta i wanted to know would i be able to keep and use the stock return line back to my stock tank off the bottom of the regulator like you have your system set-up??
Old 08-08-2007, 04:20 AM

I ran a -6 braided line all the way back. you could use the stock feed line but the stock return is kinda small.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Banned

it is but i am working with my stock plastic tank and was going to run a bulkhead off the bottom of the tank but only 1 i was going to run how crucial is it to have a larger line for the return in a fuel system like i will be running can i just use the stock return line off the tank reason being is i didnt want to make 2 holes in the tank.

so now that i have caught the idea will i be able to use the stock return from tank?and is there a fitting from MALE QUICK CONNECT(return fuel line) to 6an i think i have seen it before anyone know of how i can do what i want?

now we are getting somewhere, so let me get this straight the regulator is at the end of the system behind the rails as the fuel flows into the rail first then out the rails to the REGULATOR as i see in your set-up lethal93ta?

i thought the regulator had to be plumbed right at the begining before the fuel entered the rail.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 AM

It doesn't have to be plumbed at the beginning, but it can. In the diagrams on LJ's site you can see where the feed goes into the regulator and then the rails. Newer fuel systems actually have the return in the tank so they don't have to run a return line, but I'm not sure what you would do for a vacuum source then if you did that. You could run -10 feed into/out the regulator and then y it into 2 -8 lines to the rails and put caps on the -6 fittings at the back. Of course your return would be a -6 from the regulator to the tank, and most people just use their stock feed line as a return line. You won't need another bulkhead for the return line, just your -10 feed line.

Quick Reply: High HP Fuel Systems - Q&A (4th Gen)