Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Turbo kit for v6 camaro

Old 05-01-2005, 05:14 PM

Turbo kit for v6 camaro

Any premaid kits anyone know about for a 2000 3.8 camaro
Old 05-01-2005, 05:41 PM

Re: Turbo kit for v6 camaro

Well, there is only one kit and it isnt very well made, and good luck getting one any time soon. Best option is to custom make one. Not too terribly difficult. You can work with aftermarket headers such as pacesetters, then either go under the K member, notch/plate the K member, or use an aftermarket K member. Plenty of room for the turbo right in front of the motor.
Old 05-01-2005, 08:28 PM

There will be a kit coming from Cartuning Performance very soon. They've been using my car as a ginea pig since January. We're trying to maximize hp safely. Cartuning performance has had a 3.8 kit for Grand Prix and other fwd cars. Surf the net and Grand Prix forums to view customer feedback.

Horde
Old 05-01-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Horde
There will be a kit coming from Cartuning Performance very soon. They've been using my car as a ginea pig since January. We're trying to maximize hp safely. Cartuning performance has had a 3.8 kit for Grand Prix and other fwd cars. Surf the net and Grand Prix forums to view customer feedback.

Horde
Is this kit intercooled?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:18 PM

It will be, but not right away. Cartuning Performance will offer 2 price points for the kit. One with an intercooler, and one without. As I'm sure you are aware, an intercooler will allow for more boost. Cartuning Performance has a 400 hp 15psi intercooled Grand Prix.

The Intercooled version is expected in the Summer.

Horde
Old 05-02-2005, 12:44 PM

The intercooler is going to be a $1000 option though, from what i've been hearing about the kit. Hopefully it does well and the price comes down gradually, but given the size of the V6 market overall, i wouldn't keep my hopes up. like 5.0THIS said, there's always the custom route, which is what i did for my car.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:58 PM

all of this i already know, and as far as cartunning, well, they have been saying "very soon" for over a year, so im not gonna hold my breath on that one, besides, i wasnt to happy with what i saw with there Gran prix, wasnt all that impressive, very nice dont get me wrong, but i expected alittle more then that, ive seen other v6's with turbos, pullin serious times, but dont know where to get a GOOD kit. owell, thanks for the help
Old 05-03-2005, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_Camaro
all of this i already know, and as far as cartunning, well, they have been saying "very soon" for over a year, so im not gonna hold my breath on that one, besides, i wasnt to happy with what i saw with there Gran prix, wasnt all that impressive, very nice dont get me wrong, but i expected alittle more then that, ive seen other v6's with turbos, pullin serious times, but dont know where to get a GOOD kit. owell, thanks for the help
What don't you like about it? I'm curious. They have an 11 second Grand Prix with video to prove it. They've never had a return, their customer satisfaction it high. I would like to know why you weren't impressed so that I can contact the owner and tell him what he needs to do to satisfy all potential customers.

Horde
Old 05-04-2005, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_Camaro
but dont know where to get a GOOD kit. owell, thanks for the help
Well since there's only two kits out there, and both of them suck... i guess you're SOL then.