Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

New here. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 02:43 PM

New here. Need help.

How's it going everyone just joined this forum today, look forward to getting advice from anyone who can help;

First off, I have 1993 z28 Camaro, I'm having the engine stroked to a 383ci on low compression for a Procharger D1SC unit. I'm having the shop assemble the short block. I currently have the 4L60 backing it up, has a torque converter, shift kit, and is newly rebuilt. (I don't know if that'll be enough, but I doubt it) The shop that has my engine right now has had it since last August (2015), and it still isn't back, I don't know why it's taking so long but apparently, should be back within a week or two from now thankfully.

I still need heads for the motor unless porting stock ones is sufficient enough (please someone let me know). After that's figured out and the cars ready to run, I will need a shop to tune & dyno it. I'm located in Long Island and being as this is my first Camaro, I don't know where to bring it that's reliable, and whose had better experiences with members on here. I just want it done right.

Also what size injectors do you recommend?

Horsepower wise, I don't know what's attainable from this engine, but I want it to hopefully be in the 10s. Is that a possiblity with a procharged 383 LT1 or no way?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Danny

Last edited by theKraken; 04-30-2016 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 04-30-2016, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Re: New here. Need help.

Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!

You indicate you are from Long Island (NY, correct?), and you posted in the "New England" regional forum. The regional forums are hit-or-miss, low traffic. I think you will get the best results in the "Forced Induction" forum.

I can move your post there if you want me to. Let me know.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Welcome to CamaroZ28.com!

You indicate you are from Long Island (NY, correct?), and you posted in the "New England" regional forum. The regional forums are hit-or-miss, low traffic. I think you will get the best results in the "Forced Induction" forum.

I can move your post there if you want me to. Let me know.
Yea please if you could that'd be great. Didn't realize where it was posted I apologize
Old 05-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Administrator

I'm trying to get one of the knowledgeable members to help out here.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by theKraken
How's it going everyone just joined this forum today, look forward to getting advice from anyone who can help;

First off, I have 1993 z28 Camaro, I'm having the engine stroked to a 383ci on low compression for a Procharger D1SC unit. I'm having the shop assemble the short block. I currently have the 4L60 backing it up, has a torque converter, shift kit, and is newly rebuilt. (I don't know if that'll be enough, but I doubt it) The shop that has my engine right now has had it since last August (2015), and it still isn't back, I don't know why it's taking so long but apparently, should be back within a week or two from now thankfully.

I still need heads for the motor unless porting stock ones is sufficient enough (please someone let me know). After that's figured out and the cars ready to run, I will need a shop to tune & dyno it. I'm located in Long Island and being as this is my first Camaro, I don't know where to bring it that's reliable, and whose had better experiences with members on here. I just want it done right.

Also what size injectors do you recommend?

Horsepower wise, I don't know what's attainable from this engine, but I want it to hopefully be in the 10s. Is that a possiblity with a procharged 383 LT1 or no way?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

-Danny
Any chance you can get some more info on the engine? The big items I need to know are the intended HP, how much boost you are anticipated to see (will vary a little based on top end), and are you using pump gas?

Depending on all those factors, a forged engine with good parts can do 500rwhp to over 700rwhp depending on the combo. More is attainable but this seems to the norm in the LTx FI world.

I assume since you haven't selected heads, you would not know the intended compression of the engine right? Porting the stock heads will do the job but better castings would be ideal. I'm running a set of ported Trick Flow 185 21 degree heads. Static compression on my setup is a little over 9.7:1. Others have used their 23 degree heads with good success as well. The 23 degree heads have a larger than stock chamber (65cc vs 54cc stock) if I recall so that would easily drop the compression. You can get crazier and spend a good amount of coin on big boy AFR 227cc heads but then you get into shaft mount rockers and such. Good stuff but makes the puzzle a bit trickier.

Dyno's are just a tool but mine puts down 777rwhp on a dynojet. 17lbs of boost, fully forged engine, ported 21 degree heads and intake by LE. Cam is middle of the road regarding aggressiveness. Fuel includes stock lines, 80lb Siemens injectors, Lonnies dual 255 pump setup. There are more pieces in there but this is the overview.

As for tuning, are you keeping the stock LTx pcm or switching to something else (24x?). There may be one or two tuners in your area but its getting tougher to find folks who tune on the LTx platform. Switching to the LS PCM makes the process much easier but adds cost.

As for your fuel injector selection, taking a shot in the dark, you are looking at likely minimum 60lb sticks but may need to go to 80s based on answers to the above questions.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:19 PM

BlackbirdWs6 -What blower and pulleys do you make 17lbs boost with?