Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

MAF recomendations

Old 08-09-2016, 03:45 PM

MAF recomendations

MAF, and MAP recommendations for my supercharged application. See signature for mods. The guy I purchased the vehicle from said the MAF was stock and insufficient.
Plus I have reached out to a few Programmers (PCM for less to name one) and no one has contacted me back about purchacing a good tune, any ideas on someone who will respond and be able to do an LT1. Id like to change the above, along with my new 80lb injectors and fuel pump and get a new tune.
Old 08-09-2016, 04:44 PM

Re: MAF recomendations

I would stay with a stock MAF with screen. also stock MAP

I would keep Ed's tune unless you are changing injectors or something...but I would still use Ed to make the adjustments
Old 08-09-2016, 07:09 PM

I thought ED was out of the business.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Z28ELECTRICIAN
I thought ED was out of the business.
What's Ed last name?
Are we talking about the same fellow out of Tulsa?

Wow, I haven't been here in a looong time.
It's almost like a well preserved time capsule.
Hi Frezz!
Old 08-09-2016, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Ed Wright, FastChip, Tulsa, OK. Website is still there. He may have farmed tuning out to "remote tuning shops".

FastChip

Apparently Brian is no longer with pcmforless, so your results may vary.

Depends how long you've been gone.... Chris and Jason sold the site to Internet Brands. At this point there's a half-dozen of the LT1 die-hards trying to hold what's left of the site together.

Last edited by Injuneer; 08-09-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 06:05 AM

Definatly a LT1 fan. Don't get me wrong the LS as a bad mother, but i have too much invested in this to swap and start over.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Not sure who suggested you start over with an LS1

The questions regarding the MAF and MAP are specific to forced induction. Probably best asked on the "Forced Induction" forum. I can move this thread there if you want.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:53 AM

Please move. As far as the LS comment, its just my buddies. They are all on the LS craze. I wish we had as much LT1 support as the LS guys do. All our local tuning shops wont touch my car unless I convert to a Halltech or equivalent.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:12 PM
Administrator

How about the EFI Connection 24X conversion? Uses an LS1 PCM and 8 LS1 coils to run the LT1 without the Opti. Anyone can tune it. The Haltech stuff is really old, unless they have updated it.

With regard to the MAP sensor, are you considering a 2-bar MAP tune? That would be the only reason to change the sensor.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/com...uction-560089/
Old 08-10-2016, 08:12 PM

What's the approximate cost to do what you described and what kind of wiring changes would need to be made?
Old 08-12-2016, 10:28 AM

EFT Connections has been the main player in LT to LS PCM conversions. Their kit includes new timing cover with internal reluctor wheels for cam and crank sensors. Count on roughly $2100.00 for kit and plug and play wiring harness and everything needed. Here are some links--the first is to the kits and the second to the wiring harness:

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...efi-24x-lt1lt4

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/c...camarofirebird

There is a new company that has developed a conversion which uses external reluctor wheels and pick ups so that you don't have to remove the timing cover. You remove the opti and install their new crankshaft hub and hardware. They modify a LS1 PCM so that it is plug and play with the current LT wiring harness. I think they supply one additional harness but it is plug and play also. Best I can figure, this conversion is around $1500.00 with everything needed.

TORQHEAD LTD - HOME

Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
Ed Wright, FastChip, Tulsa, OK. Website is still there. He may have farmed tuning out to "remote tuning shops".

FastChip

Apparently Brian is no longer with pcmforless, so your results may vary.

Depends how long you've been gone.... Chris and Jason sold the site to Internet Brands. At this point there's a half-dozen of the LT1 die-hards trying to hold what's left of the site together.
Hi Injuneer, I remember you from back in the days!
wow, didn't know the site was sold. This is still one of my favorite places, and the first website I've ever registered to post back in 1999.

Oh well, keep this place alive. Thank you for all of your great contributions thru the years!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 AM

Purchased and had installed the Torqhead unit. Have been driving for over 2 weeks with the longest trip 120miles. Car runs great with NO issues. I haven't really figured out how I am going to pass smog yet. I have not dyno'ed the car yet but hopefully before years end will go to the dyno.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by 97SS4KS
Purchased and had installed the Torqhead unit. Have been driving for over 2 weeks with the longest trip 120miles. Car runs great with NO issues. I haven't really figured out how I am going to pass smog yet. I have not dyno'ed the car yet but hopefully before years end will go to the dyno.
Great post.How much was the installation,and what kind of shop installed this.I'm just asking for maybe future mod's down the line.Was it easy for the shop to convert.Sorry for all the questions but I gotta know.Thanks.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fatdog2
Great post.How much was the installation,and what kind of shop installed this.I'm just asking for maybe future mod's down the line.Was it easy for the shop to convert.Sorry for all the questions but I gotta know.Thanks.
The install and tune was $1200. Performance shop did the work. Was an easy install for them. Torqhead is also coming out with some sweet coil pack brackets and fuel covers for the late model LT1. Why did I pick Torqhead? Its Plug-Play and Pray.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MAF recomendations