Forced Induction Supercharger/Turbocharger

Made a new Cobra owner unhappy...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM

Made a new Cobra owner unhappy...

___So I pull out of my driveway and wait on a side street for an approaching black car to go by before I pull out on the highway. Hmmm... nice black new Cobra. Young guy driving with a bro... They look at me and make a sneering face. Okaaaaaeee, says I. The road is a rural highway that has a small 35 mph thru our hamlet, then opens up to 55mph right away. I pull out behind the Cobra just in time to see my next door neighbor, a City cop, give me the motion to stomp the gas. He's so cool, lol... Anyway, about this time, the Cobra drops the hammer and races away. My motor is still stone cold so I just gently snick the gears till I lazily reach 55mph. I'm mumbling to myself, "if my motor was warmed up, I'd show you, you little..." and stuff like that. Lol..

____ So, after about 4 miles, I see him up in front of me. He's going 45 in the 55... hmmm.. Nice of him So I pull in behind him as we round a bend to a 2 mile straight away. No cars coming. I downshift to 3rd , put on my signal and pull out from behind him, just as he hits it. I was beside him at the top of 3rd gear and flying away as 4th gear got boost. I pulled back in front of him after I had 3 car lengths and let off till I got back down to 55 and put on the cruise control. He got on my bumper for a bit after that but either he or his co-pilot decided it wasn't worth pursuing so they pulled off.

I love my car
Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 PM

I love when this happens. Especially when the opposing team is acting douchey. lol
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Re: Made a new Cobra owner unhappy...

Luckeeeee. I always seem to get the Mustang GT types to approach, but hang back cautiously in traffic. You can barely hear the Vortech, but I think the full Borla gives them pause. I get more action out of imports with a loud canister and little else.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:11 AM

im sure he didnt see that coming, good kill
Old 03-08-2012, 10:40 AM

Nice Dave! When you say new Cobra... you mean GT500?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM

This is the 2nd time I've been asked this
I'm showing my ignorance on Ford products here but when I see the lastest model Ford Mustang and it's got factory Cobra icon on the side of the car and in the front grill and runs like a bat out of hell, I call it a Cobra because that's what I've traditionally used to qualify those cars. The GT500 thing, I had to look up. Can it be a 2011 or 2012 Cobra and NOT be a GT500? I tried looking it up on Google but everytime I put in 2011/2012 Ford GT500, it also said Cobra.

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Nice Dave! When you say new Cobra... you mean GT500?
Old 04-25-2012, 09:12 AM

I've read this story 5 times now, every time I read it I want to ditch class and go looking for mustangs
Old 04-25-2012, 10:19 AM

That's beautiful, nice work!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by RMR Z-28
Luckeeeee. I always seem to get the Mustang GT types to approach, but hang back cautiously in traffic. You can barely hear the Vortech, but I think the full Borla gives them pause. I get more action out of imports with a loud canister and little else.
I got the same problem. Damn s-trim makes so much noise at a light, most people with any amount of common sense wont even go 0-60 with me, they just give up, unless of course theyre packin something big and have the testicular fortitude to use it. I got hooker aerochamber and longtubes and its ridiculously loud after 3k RPM. I live in FL and theres so many corvettes out here, its hard to believe I cant even get vettes to try me, but you always get the pathetic a$$ fart cannon honda fools that think they gonna proove something to you, cause they think all V8's are just noisey and cant tell the difference.

Anyways, good kill Dave. I always love stickin it to the mustang clowns, even more so than the corvette pansies
Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Okay... So I'm standing in my little shop next to my house. My Z28 is on the ramps since I've just finished putting in a set of fresh sparkplugs. Then I hear my dog barking and look up to see a young guy in a red service van pulled up by the front of my car. He's looking under the z28's hood, like studying it. I walk out of the shop and he gets out of the van. As he walks towards me, he says, "You remember a while back, you blew by a black Shelby like it was standing still? That was me. I just wanted to see the car that did that up close". I started laughing and we shook hands. He started looking closer at the car and I told him all the stuff I'd done to it. After a couple of minutes we said goodbye and he went back to work. A cool guy about it all.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 AM

Sounds like a good guy.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM

This story is what owning an F-body is all about!