Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
Super Moderator

Garage
What's new with you?

Hi guys. I haven't been posting much here lately, and I thought I'd check in and share a few great things that have been happening in my life.

First and foremost, as those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know, my wife and I are now proud parents of a beautiful daughter, Elizabeth. She was born January 18th, 7lbs 7oz, and she's my life:
Click the image to open in full size.

Work is going great. I made a post in Ted's work thread about it, so I won't repeat it here.

On the car front:

Late last year, my Z28's clutch slave cylinder took a ****. With my wife pregnant, winter looming, and not knowing what kind of financial hit I was going to take in the form of hospital bills, I parked it. Interestingly, the clutch still holds, which makes for some interesting driving prospects (i.e. starting in gear, clutchless shifting, etc.), which is how I got it home the day it failed.

Having gotten a raise/promotion in the meantime, and having paid all of the medical bills related to Elizabeth's birth, a couple weeks ago I ordered all of the parts I need to fix the car. Now I just need time. With 110k on the stock clutch and the tranny comming out, I decided a new clutch and flywheel were in order. I have plans to add quite a bit of horsepower, so I went with something a little more capable than the stock LS6 unit.

I now have a McLeod RXT twin-disc clutch (good for 800hp) and an ACT forged steel flywheel (15lbs) awaiting installation. For good measure I threw in ARP bolts for everything. Also pictured is the replacement slave cylinder. I'm hoping to find time to install everything this weekend. Once it's in, I'm really looking forward to driving it again. It's been WAY too long, and I'm excited to see how much more quickly it revs with the lighter flywheel. Assuming all goes well, I'll be at the SCCA autocross at Grattan Raceway on Labor Day -- usually the only racing event I can manage each year, but one I make a point not to miss.

On the Grand National front, I have some really interesting news, but it's embargoed for now. I did update my sig, though, hint hint. I'll be able to share more once Hot Rod magazine publishes the story. They told me to expect it in the November issue, which should hit the stands in early September.

I've also been making lots of fun updates to my home. A couple years ago, we built a deck -- I think I posted that here at the time. It's 25x25' elevated, and it doubles as a two-car carport underneath. I bought a two-zone receiver for my living room and ran the second zone out to a pair of outdoor speakers mounted in the soffits so that we can have music on the deck. In the process, I made a few mistakes, which led me to enter avsforum.com's contest in which you tell them about your biggest home theater install mistake in hopes of winning a home theater projector. I entered and won.

That, of course, led to the purchase of the rest of the gear needed for a theater -- receiver, subwoofer, screen, etc. My wife and I were already in the process of tearing apart the basement for a complete remodel, and so we revised our plans a little and now it's a theater:

It's a 100" accoustically transparent screen from Elite. The system is powered by a Denon AVR-2313ci. The sub is a Klipsch RW12d. I'm using junk for the rest of the speakers for now, but plan to purchase something really nice when the time is right.

Here, my daughter is watching Baby Einstein via YouTube on my BluRay player.

My financial situation is much improved these days compared to what it looked like the last time I was really active on this forum. Aside from the raise I mentioned above, my home value has recovered enough (thanks in part to the deck we added) that I was able to refinance my two mortgages into one. Finally being out from under that terrible second mortgage ($35k @ 13.69%) is immensely helpful! I've paid off all of my other loans except for my wife's car, which will be paid off at the end of this year. All of this has freed up a ton of income which I can now use for things that are a lot more fun, including more car mods, home theater upgrades, and in a few years adding a master suite to our house.

So yeah, lots of cool new stuff in my life these days. What's new with you guys?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!

Last edited by JakeRobb; 06-30-2014 at 11:43 AM.
JakeRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #2

Re: What's new with you?

How did you manage to have free time to post all that with all the chaos happening in your life?

Congrats on the baby! Hope you enjoy the sleepless nights coming up
King Moose SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:47 AM   #3
Freebird

Riding motorcycles.

Cruising in my cars.

Checking out nice girls.

Johnny Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Moose SS View Post
How did you manage to have free time to post all that with all the chaos happening in your life?
Lunch break at work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Moose SS View Post
Congrats on the baby! Hope you enjoy the sleepless nights coming up
She's been sleeping through the night (8pm - 7am) every night since she was 11 weeks old. I am a very lucky man.

Teething hasn't started yet, so we'll see how long it stays this way.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to raxxus

Have fun installing the clutch /fly wheel! Cute kid as well. Congrats, sounds like everything is on the up and up for ya!
Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 AM   #6
Administrator

The last three weeks have been far more busy that I would have liked considering it is now summer in Maine which is quite brief...

I spent a week in Virginia at a client site and just this minute completed a large anti-virus roll out for a client.

My honey do list is growing rapidly and I the coming weeks involve evaluating IP phone systems, cloud based anti-spam solutions, and remotely managed wireless solutions for small (but high security) businesses.

Otherwise my wife is doing well selling Toyota products, my parakeet is happily going to work with me each day, and I have not worn socks in a week...
11.86 at 112
My blog is here: http://www.downtime.com
TedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #7

Let's get that clutch in and done ! Time to see the Z28 roll & shift again
ws6transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:10 AM

Reply Post New Thread