Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #1

Vision tests at the driver's license office...

Is it just me or are the vision tests (using the machine that you look through) at the driver's license office always blurry and hard to read?

My brother and I just got back from lunch where we ran out to get our licenses renewed and we both had to take the vision test. I read the line ok but it was blurry and might've had problems reading a smaller line. My brother took the test and the guy told him he failed. The guy told him to turn around and read a sign on the wall across the room which my brother did with ease. The guy told him that if he could read that then he should be able to pass the test. The guy ended up passing him but told my brother that he needs to get his vision checked.

The kicker is that both of us have always had great vision and never have needed corrective lenses of any kind. I had my eyes checked not too long ago and they were just fine and my vision has not changed since. Everytime though when I've ever taken the vision test at the DMV the lines are ALWAYS blurry, it was the same way when I last took the test 5 or so years ago. Anyone else notice the same thing?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to ReNxWar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
Is it just me or are the vision tests (using the machine that you look through) at the driver's license office always blurry and hard to read?

My brother and I just got back from lunch where we ran out to get our licenses renewed and we both had to take the vision test. I read the line ok but it was blurry and might've had problems reading a smaller line. My brother took the test and the guy told him he failed. The guy told him to turn around and read a sign on the wall across the room which my brother did with ease. The guy told him that if he could read that then he should be able to pass the test. The guy ended up passing him but told my brother that he needs to get his vision checked.

The kicker is that both of us have always had great vision and never have needed corrective lenses of any kind. I had my eyes checked not too long ago and they were just fine and my vision has not changed since. Everytime though when I've ever taken the vision test at the DMV the lines are ALWAYS blurry, it was the same way when I last took the test 5 or so years ago. Anyone else notice the same thing?
The ones here look like a bad 3d image that you use with the glasses.. its difficult to read smoothly, but hardly blurry enough for me to not read well. I have no problem reading any of the lines. The damn signs are what gets me..
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNxWar View Post
The ones here look like a bad 3d image that you use with the glasses.. its difficult to read smoothly, but hardly blurry enough for me to not read well. I have no problem reading any of the lines. The damn signs are what gets me..
That's a pretty good description. Not really blurry but definitely no nice, crisp, & clear as if I was reading a sign across the room. I suspect the machines are really out of whack. I'd be PO'd if I had to get a real eye test just to prove my eyesight was good.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:55 PM   #4

it was pretty clear last time i took it.

i wear contacts but could have easily passed the test without them(only one contact, i'm a freak), but didn't know it would be that easy so now i have corrective lenses on my license until i renew it. would a cop ever ask you to take out your contacts to prove you had them?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM   #5

I have the same problem with those machines, and I have 20/20 vision.

When I first look it, I'm seeing double. The secret is to close one eye, then it's perfect.
I don't know if that's cheating, but it works
Old 03-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumper66 View Post
I have the same problem with those machines, and I have 20/20 vision.

When I first look it, I'm seeing double. The secret is to close one eye, then it's perfect.
I don't know if that's cheating, but it works
The previous test I took years ago I did close one eye and I could read it perfectly. The woman behind the counter must've noticed because she asked me if I had closed one eye. She said I wasn't supposed to but I told her that I have excellent vision but the letters are all "blurred" when seen with both eyes. She just kind of shrugged and passed me.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

Send a message via ICQ to 94 CAMRO Z28
I had that issue when I almost didn't pass a flight exam because of them. I had just been to the eye doctor and had 20/20 vision. I asked the doc about it the next time I was in there and he explained that often times people have a hard time with those machines because its simulating to be 20ft. away, however your mind knows that it is up close. The end result is for some people their eye has a hard time focusing on the images.

Aaron
1994 Z28 Sold 9/22/06 GMPP CAI, Pacesetter Lts, ORY pipe, Hooker catback, B&M ripper, Taylor 8mm wires, blaster coil, hotcam kit, pcmforless.com, BMR lcas, relocation brackets, rear air bag, 12.83@110

2001 Ford Explorer Sport, 4x4
94 CAMRO Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to IdahoLT1
When i got mine renewed a couple years ago they said i had 20/30 in my left eye and 20/40 in my right and failed me. I got a vision test and the eye doctor said 20/20 in my right and 20/25 in my right. I just think screens are bad or they just had bad lighting.
1994 Firebird Formula M6, 17x9.5 ZR-1's, LS1 brakes, B&M short shifter, Rksport headers, QTP Elec. cut-out, Flowmaster, K&N FIPK, MSD ignition, March underdrive pulley, Spec stage 2 with steel flywheel, no cat. Best 1/4 14.21@100.9 2.48 60ft. Elevation: 2660ft (SOLD: 6/14/2010)
IdahoLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #9

Bad machines? I took it last year and I could read line 8, no problem. The lady said "requirement is only to line 5" IIRC. I told her I was excited cause I had Lasix and could read all the way down to 8. She said "that's nice, I'll remove the correction restriction from your license" in her best bureauocrat-ese...
angel71rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #10

oh, your talking about machines, when i went to the dmv last they just had me read a poster on the wall.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:56 PM

Reply Post New Thread