Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Like Tree3Likes
Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to DWray
Unhappy Update on Jennifer Read.

Most regulars may remember Jennifer Read. Jenny. Firehawk95. Met and married Jeremy (jread) from this very board.

She's had a bunch of medical issues over the last several years. I'm sure you may be aware of that, but here is my post on T28 from two weeks ago after I gave her a call.

Quote:
It's 1:28am and I just got off the phone with Jenny. I immediately burst into tears as soon as we hung up.

She gave me permission to post this.

Jenny has been in and out (mostly in) of the hospital for three years now. What started as cancer went into remission, then came back, and the chemotherapy caused an allergic reaction. I don't remember the exact name of what she said, maybe neurosomething, but essentially the chemo attacks the nerves and burned up her hands and feet.

She went back for surgery for bed sores and received 8 pints of blood.

Just the other day she was officially told she would be a paraplegic. At this point she cannot have her head above a thirty degree angle, so she's bed-ridden completely for the time being, on top of obviously being paralyzed.

Her daughter is two years old, and at 4 months they gave her away to Jeremy's family who live ~5 hours away to take care of her since Jeremy and Jenny have this on their plate. Over a year and a half without your own daughter by your side. I'm not even a parent and that thought chokes me up.

If there was ever a time to pray and keep someone in your thoughts, now is it. I'm definitely going to reach out to Jeremy soon as he's been staying with Jenny every night in the hospital, and hopefully plan a Hooters trip with him soon. I would love for the Austin crew to come together for this.

I don't know if I'll ever forget the words she told me before she hung up. "Dustin, I've always thought you were incredibly special. You have a light about you. A light can fade out so fast, don't ever let that happen."

I held back tears that entire conversation. I literally don't have words right now.

-Dustin
I have since learned that she has Fibromyalgia, Lupus, and West Nile as well. I had no idea you could have literally everything medically wrong at once.

I'm going to start collecting donations for Jenny (Firehawk95) and Jeremy (jread). I'll allow a few weeks and deliver it to them in person.

If you're not comfortable sending me money, I'm sure I can get a direct line to them, but I think it'd be amazing to gather up what we can as a group and hand them a check or a VISA card.

Feel free to send checks or cash. I can accept PayPal as well, but it has a $500 limit for withdrawals per month so it isn't ideal. If you're a Wells Fargo user, email me and we can just transfer money over.

If you're interested in donating anything you can, whether that be money or gifts or a card or anything, shoot me an email and I'll give you my address.

thedustinwray@gmail.com

I hope we can make this something a bit special for them.

-Dustin
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Indelibility
Re: Update on Jennifer Read.

I'll keep them both in my thoughts, it's sad how life can turn around so quickly. But I'm glad to see that Jenny is fighting this the best she can.
Indelibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

I have been keeping up with Jenny the best I could on Facebook, and as a long-time friend it makes me sick to know all that she has been through. Of all the people I have met through this car hobby, she's one of the greatest, and did far more for me in some difficult times in my life than she will ever know. I last saw her a few years ago when visiting my wife's family in San Antonio, and got to meet Jeremy (this was a little before their daughter was born), and was so happy to see that she was happy, and doing well. Words can't even describe how much all this saddens me. Its a shame anyone has to go through so much, but that its someone as genuinely good as Jenny...it sickens me to think about it. My thoughts and prayers are with her, and her family.
1997 Camaro SS #359 ***Sold 08/12/09***
LT1 383, Lingenfelter CNC heads, GTP-6 cam
SS Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Joe View Post
I have been keeping up with Jenny the best I could on Facebook, and as a long-time friend it makes me sick to know all that she has been through. Of all the people I have met through this car hobby, she's one of the greatest, and did far more for me in some difficult times in my life than she will ever know. I last saw her a few years ago when visiting my wife's family in San Antonio, and got to meet Jeremy (this was a little before their daughter was born), and was so happy to see that she was happy, and doing well. Words can't even describe how much all this saddens me. Its a shame anyone has to go through so much, but that its someone as genuinely good as Jenny...it sickens me to think about it. My thoughts and prayers are with her, and her family.
I agree completely. One of the most genuinely loving human beings that can exist.

That's why I'm trying to help them out in anyway possible by collecting and delivering anything that I can gather from her online communities. She deserves that and so much more.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Lounge Moderator

What a strong woman. She PM'ed me not long ago to see how I was doing and didn't mention this.

I'll be getting in touch with you, Dustin.

"No...No, man...!@#$ no, man...I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' somethin' like that, man."
Repeal the 19th Amendment!
Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #6

They will be in my prayers.
96_Camaro_B4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Lounge Moderator

We're in the process of putting together a website that we can drive traffic to. Keep checking in and let's make this something big.

"No...No, man...!@#$ no, man...I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' somethin' like that, man."
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #8
Administrator

I have been following on FB. I am extremely distressed by all the cluster crap she has been dealing with. Jen and I had a wonderful visit years back in FL and thanks to this board and her honest and upbeat personality we were able to share a lot in a short period of time. The details of that conversation (although private), demonstrated in a quantifiable sense how powerful this virtual environment of message boards and electronic communications can be on people and how she and Jeremy brought themselves together.

I was struck by her wonderful smile and her way with words, and everything about her. I wish them both the very best and will do what I can to help them with the cards they have been dealt.
11.86 at 112
My blog is here: http://www.downtime.com
TedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
WTF

The site is up and I've posted it on my Facebook, I'm encouraging all of you to do the same. Help get the word out.

LetsHelpJenny.com
Originally Posted by shock6906
I don't know, man. Some folks need to wake up and smell the latex.
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The site is up and I've posted it on my Facebook, I'm encouraging all of you to do the same. Help get the word out.

LetsHelpJenny.com
Thanks, Marc!

I've donated and hope to see the numbers continue up from here!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:40 AM   #11
Banned

He's the one on the right.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
wilfredes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Hetfield Send a message via AIM to Hetfield

So sorry to hear about Jenny. Will donate when I can.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
Lounge Moderator

I'll sticky this. Even if you can't donate (minimum is pretty low at $5), just sharing the link on your facebook pages and telling anyone you can about it really helps. Thanks for everyone's help!

Craig

Old 10-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
I'll sticky this. Even if you can't donate (minimum is pretty low at $5), just sharing the link on your facebook pages and telling anyone you can about it really helps. Thanks for everyone's help!

Craig
Thanks Craig!

-Dustin
Old 10-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #15

Send a message via ICQ to Firehawk95 Send a message via AIM to Firehawk95 Send a message via Yahoo to Firehawk95

Thanks everyone! We just paid $1800.00 for to and from ambulance rides. Ouch!
1995 Formula Firehawk #608 - Featured on Speedvision's "American Muscle Car" (Sold 4/15/05)
Firehawk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:04 PM

Reply Post New Thread