Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory TSBs

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #1

Suspect with Crowbar Shot Outside Carls Jr.

I dont know if this was already posted:

I dont know how I feel about this one. Dude was stupid to approach the cop with a crowbar, but how come he didnt release the dog on him before shooting him?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
smooth3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #2

Re: Suspect with Crowbar Shot Outside Carls Jr.

Even with a dog released, still could move/swing/hit the other officer... You can see he was pretty close to the officer who didn't shoot when he started to raise it.. You see the officer backing up and trying to draw his handgun as the K9 officer fired... Looks like he tried to spray the suspect with OC and was in the process of re-holstering it when the dude raised the hammer.

If the officer didnt shoot, the second one could of very well took a crowbar(looks more like a hammer or ice axe or something) to the head. The suspect clearly raised it above his head and moved towards the second officer like he was going to hit him...
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #3

The cops did everything right as far as I can tell. The guy pulled back to swing at the cop so the other one shot him. The dog would not have even had time to get there before the crowbar (or whatever that was) would have hit the cop. You attack a cop with a deadly weapon you get shot, that's how it works.
wishihadafbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #4

Garage

My brother showed me this, he is a LEO. He has his own views on it of course.

Ehh, I don't know enough to claim an opinion of 'police brutality' or not suchthings...
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 PM   #5

He had a weapon capable of causing serious injury or death, the opportunity to use it, and made an action to do so. The pepper spray was ineffective. Deadly force was justified IMHO.

Eric
Old 01-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to mr00jimbo Send a message via Yahoo to mr00jimbo

Near my house, a man was swinging a chain at cops. He got a police-prescribed .40-caliber dirt-nap, and people were upset that they couldn't do anything about it.

The police are supposed to protect the public, while minimizing harm to the public and to themselves. The man could have hurt the dog with that hammer, and then people would say, "the cops should've shot him"

Here's the rule of thumb about cops, which IMO is fair: When you come at them with a deadly weapon, anything that can be used as a deadly weapon, don't expect them to use a less than lethal weapon to respond.

****ing bitches can't do **** right-- not even in space... dumb *** *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangitr View Post
this quickly turned into a sack sightings thread
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to KrisH

From a couple sites I read, the cops actually hit him with a tazer and not spray. Him reaching up was him pulling the leads out of his face. Hard to tell, but if it really was a tazer, that guy must have been whacked out of his mind to keep going like that. I think the cops acted appropriately here, whatever it was that he was carrying and swinging around looked heavy enough to seriously harm someone and it was his choice to swing at the officer.
KrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #8

Give that Cop a burger !!
CACTUSKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to MarcR94v6

wow those guys recording sound like some real winners.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #10

Dude took a taser to the face and kept going (according to the news report) . He was obviously on something. I mean, who just walks up to a place and starts smashing windows for no reason and then tries to swing a weapon at a cop? He got what was coming to him, end of story.

Is it just me, or have more crazy people been coming out of the woodwork these past few months?
Dyosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #11

Send a message via ICQ to johnny6 Send a message via AIM to johnny6 Send a message via Yahoo to johnny6 Send a message via Skype™ to johnny6

I don't a problem with how the cops reacted.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #12

100% justified. Its exactly what they teach cops in police academy. Keep distance and try to use non-lethal weapon (teaser in this case), if the perpetrator has a deadly weapon (looks like ice ax) and is trying to use it on anyone (cops or public), you use force equal or greater to stop the threat.
I am glad the perpetrator didn't hurt anyone and/or cops.
S.

Last edited by scyzoryk; 01-25-2012 at 08:27 PM.
scyzoryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to IdahoLT1

The weapon the guy is wielding is a 1/2" conduit bender, which the handles are 1/8" thick steel and they weigh 7-8lbs.
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisH View Post
From a couple sites I read, the cops actually hit him with a tazer and not spray. Him reaching up was him pulling the leads out of his face. Hard to tell, but if it really was a tazer, that guy must have been whacked out of his mind to keep going like that. I think the cops acted appropriately here, whatever it was that he was carrying and swinging around looked heavy enough to seriously harm someone and it was his choice to swing at the officer.
Looks like only 1 of the barbs stuck, thus not completing the circuit. Thats the problem with tazers. They rarely work when the person is wearing heavy clothing and dont work if both barbs dont contact skin. Eiter way, shooting was justified.
1994 Firebird Formula M6, 17x9.5 ZR-1's, LS1 brakes, B&M short shifter, Rksport headers, QTP Elec. cut-out, Flowmaster, K&N FIPK, MSD ignition, March underdrive pulley, Spec stage 2 with steel flywheel, no cat. Best 1/4 14.21@100.9 2.48 60ft. Elevation: 2660ft (SOLD: 6/14/2010)
IdahoLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to IdahoLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyosis View Post
Dude took a taser to the face and kept going (according to the news report) . He was obviously on something. I mean, who just walks up to a place and starts smashing windows for no reason and then tries to swing a weapon at a cop? He got what was coming to him, end of story.

Is it just me, or have more crazy people been coming out of the woodwork these past few months?
More likely the one of the barbs didnt hit him. Electricity doesnt care if the person is under the influence. A doped up suspect will hit the ground just as quick as one who isnt.
1994 Firebird Formula M6, 17x9.5 ZR-1's, LS1 brakes, B&M short shifter, Rksport headers, QTP Elec. cut-out, Flowmaster, K&N FIPK, MSD ignition, March underdrive pulley, Spec stage 2 with steel flywheel, no cat. Best 1/4 14.21@100.9 2.48 60ft. Elevation: 2660ft (SOLD: 6/14/2010)
IdahoLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoLT1 View Post
The weapon the guy is wielding is a 1/2" conduit bender, which the handles are 1/8" thick steel and they weigh 7-8lbs.
Click the image to open in full size.

Dont bring a conduit bender to a gun fight??
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 PM

Reply Post New Thread