Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #1

radio call in contests...any secrets?

why can i never get through on these things? i can 10 key a phone like a fool but always fail to grab anything but a busy signal. although i highly doubt it i must ask; are there any ways to gain an advantage?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
formulaofsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #2

Re: radio call in contests...any secrets?

speed dial?
1995 Trans Am Black M6- 355: forged rotating assembly, LE3 heads, LE3.2 cam, LE ported intake, HSW Wet kit, 1.6 comps, 3" TD, spec 4, slp cai, 58mm tb, 39# SVO, 255 lph, 4.10s, pacesetter lt, EWP, adj phb, lca, relocs, edelbrock tq arm ...built not bought
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:11 PM   #3

Speed dial and multiple lines simultanously.
Threxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #4

yeah i'm on my work phone system which is 5 lines but the friggin speed dial isnt working!! but i can 10 key just as fast as a speed dial...still no friggin luck. grrrrrrrr
formulaofsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:21 PM   #5

My wife has one concert tickets about every month for the last 2 years.
She has won every thing she has ever tried for.
They usally take callee t10, and sometimes she will get thought three time on one tray 9called 3, 5, and 10)

She always calls the second the start the "tones", We get the cells phone preprogrammed and just press the call button. Adn keep realling, hung up, press call, hang up, press call.

You have to call right away other wise its too lateand they have already got their 10th caller.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:08 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Grims

translation?
Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #7

I won a chance to win a apple computer
I ened up picking the one that didnt boot up all the way

I have won ticket a few times but never picked them up because i couldnt get off work or already had plans or something.

Once when i was 19 i won tickets to a Korn and Limp Biscut consert with only about 150 ppl going (you had to win tickets to get in) i couldnt go because i had to be 21. I gave my dads info to the radio station and got a fake ID but they didnt let me in with it.

I heard later that their where free hookers/stripers, beer/mixed drinks, coke and weed. One of those once in a life time things i missed out on...but on the bright side i still dont have herpies or da Clap
Old 11-10-2005, 03:25 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to iamcute

I have never won anything myself, nor have I ever really tried hard.

But I had a friend who used to just call the radio station just to talk. After a few minutes of that, the DJ would offer her a prize or tickets to something. And then the station would announce for people to call in and be caller number 10 to win a prize. Sure enough, they would play sound clips from her conversation with the guy claiming she was caller #10.

This only leads me to believe it's fixed. (or atleast here)
Old 11-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawzforlife
My wife has one concert tickets about every month for the last 2 years.
She has won every thing she has ever tried for.
They usally take callee t10, and sometimes she will get thought three time on one tray 9called 3, 5, and 10)

She always calls the second the start the "tones", We get the cells phone preprogrammed and just press the call button. Adn keep realling, hung up, press call, hang up, press call.

You have to call right away other wise its too lateand they have already got their 10th caller.
Are you drunk?
Threxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:14 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to blackrat

I've won several things through a radio station. It got to the point where I had to use someone else's address/name because I had already won in the past 6 months, which isn't allowed.

I just start dialing a few seconds into the song needed. If it's busy, hang up and hit the redial button. Not much else I can think of, but it's worked for me. Also, I never get through on my cell, on the home phone. Occasionally I'll get a weird message fromt the cell company about the call "not being able to be completed at that time", so I figure it's some safety thing that the cell company has.
-'01 Camaro SS 6M #1917

A little bit of everything. 340/350 rwhp/tq

-'07 Daytona 675
GAS PRICES!!
blackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to Zigroid

on the local radio station theres some "be the 100th nationwide caller to 866-525-WINS"
they have it at least 4-5 times a day and its $1000 each time with $10,000 prizes on thursdays. Im on the road most of the day and always have my cell phone on me yet I never call. guess im retarded. today I decided to try it when they played it and got nothing but a busy tone. hit redial 4 times and still got busy tones.

how do you know if youre before the 100th caller or after? I guess I dont know how these things work either.
Zigroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:17 PM

Reply Post New Thread