Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.


Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory


Reply Post New Thread
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 PM   #1
Administrator
 
ChrisFrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1997
Location: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Posts: 2,032
Blog Entries: 6
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

I don't know what to do about this situation, but it's starting to really **** me off. People park in front of my house on my street - which is really no big deal, except when they block my mailbox. 2 times this week now I haven't received mail delivery because somebody is parked in front of my mailbox. The mail carrier leaves me a note saying "Box Blocked" when they finally delivery my mail.

I'm not sure what to do, or what I can do about this situation. It happens while i'm at work.

Thoughts?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
__________________
Chris Frezza / Founder
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Pandamonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,422
Send a message via MSN to Pandamonkey
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Move your mailbox or have the car moved somehow are two solutions that come to mind immediately.
Pandamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered User
 
Good Ph.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mack and Bewick
Posts: 1,607
Send a message via AIM to Good Ph.D Send a message via Yahoo to Good Ph.D
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

If you're willing to fill out some paper work you can get a handicapped sign put in front your house. I dont think you can do regular no parkings that way.

There is always trash can barricade.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunky View Post
i will clarify my position by saying you misread a very clear statement.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/inoutrun.gif
Good Ph.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Virginia beach
Posts: 515
Send a message via AIM to flatlander757
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

To my understanding noone can legally park in front of your house/property unless they have permission.

I say flip the car
__________________
1993 Plymouth Sundance - 2.2L TBI 5spd... sparkly blue and gay. Daily driver. 93hp. aka Sunfury.

1990 Plymouth Sundance RS - 2.5L Turbo I 3spd auto.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #5
Administrator
 
ChrisFrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1997
Location: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Posts: 2,032
Blog Entries: 6
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonkey
Move your mailbox or have the car moved somehow are two solutions that come to mind immediately.
Mailbox cannot be moved. I would try and have the car moved if I was home and saw it there!

Quote:
To my understanding noone can legally park in front of your house/property unless they have permission.
Anybody can park anywhere on the public streets here, there is no law. Part of the reason people park in front of my house and on my side of the street is there is no parking allowed on the other side.
__________________
Chris Frezza / Founder
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #6
Registered User
 
Pandamonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Posts: 3,422
Send a message via MSN to Pandamonkey
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFrez
Mailbox cannot be moved. I would try and have the car moved if I was home and saw it there!

Anybody can park anywhere on the public streets here, there is no law. Part of the reason people park in front of my house and on my side of the street is there is no parking allowed on the other side.
Alright then. You appear to be in a bad spot then........

You obviously can't put something in the way so that they can't park there - or you still won't recieve mail. Staying home to catch them and have them towed is not worthwhile I'm guessing........

Set up a webcam that faces outside pointing at your mailbox - and checking it periodically throughout the day, then when you see somebody parked there call the city?
Although you say that it's perfectly legal for people to park there.......so even after contacting the city - what can you tell them? Nothing I guess.

What does the postal service have to say about this?
If it's out of your control - can they move the mailbox so that it doesn't impeed their delivery?
They have to find a way to get the mail to you - that is the law.
Pandamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
Registered User
 
GT KILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan
Posts: 837
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

There's gotta be something that can prevent people from just parking in front of your box all day every day....even if it's legal to park in the street. If you're not receiving mail because of it, there has to be something that can be done.
__________________
1994 Polo Green Metallic Z28 A4
Richmond 3.73's w/ rebuilt 10-bolt, SLP Loud Mouth cat-back, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* T-stat, SLP TB airfoil, HPPIII tuning, Spohn STB, ROH ZR6's, vinyl overlays, Z28 floor mats, full audio system, brand new engine!![Click here]
GT KILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Drive XR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 53
Send a message via AIM to Drive XR7
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Key the car until they quit parking there.
__________________
Jason
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
Drive XR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:12 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Good Ph.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Mack and Bewick
Posts: 1,607
Send a message via AIM to Good Ph.D Send a message via Yahoo to Good Ph.D
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ph.D
If you're willing to fill out some paper work you can get a handicapped sign put in front your house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT KILLER
There's gotta be something that can prevent people from just parking in front of your box all day every day....even if it's legal to park in the street.
Ahem. My street at home is the same way, no parking on one side. My neighbour went down to the secretary of state, filled out a few forms and a couple weeks later they put a handicapped parking only sign in front of her house. She didn't even need to prove that anyone handicapped lived there.

Stops everyone from parking there except you and the handicapped.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojunky View Post
i will clarify my position by saying you misread a very clear statement.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/inoutrun.gif
Good Ph.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 464
Send a message via ICQ to YARDofSTUF Send a message via AIM to YARDofSTUF Send a message via Yahoo to YARDofSTUF
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Parking on the street may be legal but it cant be legal to block a mailbox
__________________
89 Firebird
YoS
YARDofSTUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #11
Administrator
 
ChrisFrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1997
Location: Sterling Heights, MI, USA
Posts: 2,032
Blog Entries: 6
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Thanks for the advice Good Ph.d - I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of getting the spot in front of my house indicated as handicapped...heh.

I think if it continues to happen, i'll call my local PD and ask them about my situation and see what they say.
__________________
Chris Frezza / Founder
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:41 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 82
Garage
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

1) Go to hardware store
2) Buy box of nails
3) Apply liberally in front of mail box
4) Recieve mail.

__________________
1992 Z28 Heritage Edition
305 LB9, 700R4, 2.73 rear
sahlomonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 464
Send a message via ICQ to YARDofSTUF Send a message via AIM to YARDofSTUF Send a message via Yahoo to YARDofSTUF
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahlomonic
1) Go to hardware store
2) Buy box of nails
3) Apply liberally in front of mail box
4) Recieve mail.


5. Get bikll for mail truck's new tires.
__________________
89 Firebird
YoS
YARDofSTUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:58 PM   #14
Registered User
 
CrabhartZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Dallas/College Station
Posts: 639
Send a message via AIM to CrabhartZ28
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

6. ??????????
7. Profit.
__________________
2002 Camaro Z28 A4 RIP.
2004 Victory Red reg cab 5.3L Silverado SOLD
2004 Ivory White Grand Prix GTP Comp G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanGreen97Z View Post
Lotion wouldn't have helped with beating this thing.
CrabhartZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
Administrator
 
TedH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Brunswick, Maine 04011
Posts: 3,655
Blog Entries: 4
Re: No Mail Delivery because of blocked Mailbox

Wireless webcam...

Get some yellow paint and masking tape and paint your curb the color of a no parking zone.

Make up a sign that says "$100.00 fine for blocking mail delivery and put a directional arrow on it pointing to the webcam (or a fake webcam).

If you actually make a handicap parking zone in front of your house I think you can be ticketed for parking there yourself without a sticker/permit...

Buy a used parking meter and place it right next to your mail box.

Call the post office and ask what they perceive as your options. If they do not have an answer, then call the police and ask them the same question.

Put up a sign that says warning: "Sprinkler system may go off" right next to your mailbox.

Or the obvious: "Blocking a mailbox is a Federal Offense" sign...
__________________
'94 Black Z28, 383, 700R4
1999 Champion Oxford Dragway
2002 Champion New England Dragway
11.86 at 112
My blog is here: http://www.downtime.com
TedH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 02:00 PM
 
Reply Post New Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Copyright © 1996-2013 CamaroZ28.Com. All rights reserved.