Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2004, 10:29 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to KatZ28 Send a message via MSN to KatZ28
My dog tried to eat a dead mouse.

So I was just outside with my dogs and one of them found a dead mouse in the neighbors yard and tried to eat it. I got it out of her mouth. It was so gross. Should I be worried that it might make her sick?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
KatZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:54 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to DonHood
Re: My dog tried to eat a dead mouse.

Quote:
Originally posted by KatZ28
So I was just outside with my dogs and one of them found a dead mouse in the neighbors yard and tried to eat it. I got it out of her mouth. It was so gross. Should I be worried that it might make her sick?
My dog eats all sorts of wild things. Just don't let it lick you in the face any time soon.

I watched my boss's dog polish off a rabbit that it found dead on the highway. After it was finished, she went and ate some grass, threw it up, then started the process all over again.
DonHood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:57 PM   #3

O.k. good, as long as it doesn't hurt her. She's my baby. Hopefully I won't have to clean up any puke in the morning.

I brushed her teeth after.

Last edited by KatZ28; 05-06-2004 at 11:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:15 PM   #4
Banned

I have 4 dogs so I know what you are talking about. What kind do you have? I have a 12.5 yo Pit Bull (80#), 8 yo Shar Pei (60#), 3.25 yo Am staff (50#) and 2.5 yo Rott (110#).
aklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:18 PM   #5

I have a Border Collie and Austrailian mix and a Chocolate Lab mix. I was told she's mixed with Shar Pei but I'm not sure. I love them to death.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Banned

How are they health wise? I don't know much about mutts which makes me nervous to adopt one although I might like to do that someday. You see, with say a Shar Pei, you know that their #1 killer is Amyloydosis and they have eyelids that roll in so you have to watch that. Different breeds have different problems and with a purebred, you get to anticipate their problems but with a mutt, you basically have no reference. I got scared when my old Shar Pei died of Amyloydosis and later I learnt that was the #1 killler. After that, I usually read up on a breed and their common problems before adoption.
aklim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 11:33 PM   #7

Well so far they've been pretty healthy (knock on wood). They always get there shots and stuff. My Border Collie is about 3 and 1/2 and my Chocolate lab is almost 2. I'm gonna take some pictures of them and some other random pictures and put them on my homepage.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by aklim
I have 4 dogs so I know what you are talking about. What kind do you have? I have a 12.5 yo Pit Bull (80#), 8 yo Shar Pei (60#), 3.25 yo Am staff (50#) and 2.5 yo Rott (110#).
Hey aklim you have some awsome dogs. My sister has a 12 y/o pure bread pitbull he`s an awsome dog. I want a pitbull or a rottie some day.
1985 Z28 My pride and joy. LG4, 5spd, T-top, 3:23, posi, Headmann headers, Accel ignition, K&N filter. Soon to be powered by 383 ci of POWER. 5.0L BEWAREhttp://Chevy-Camaro-Z28.CZ28.com
Kills 6/0. Chris 1981 Z28 350ci TH350 w/shift kit and 3:73s
Chris`s85Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:01 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to lil_mikey69
It will be fine.

My sisters dog eats live opossums and racoons, hasn't died yet

aklim, from what I understand muts are in general much healthier than pure bred dogs. They don't get stuck with those common problems that many pure breds do. I think adopting from a shelter is great if they have a dog that suits your needs.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:17 AM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to chevy_cowboy
dogs eat nasty things... its part of what makes them dogs.

she'll be fine

1989 IROC-Z LB9 700R4, 4th gen leather, all new interior, dakota digital guages, T-tops (sold)
chevy_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally posted by lil_mikey69
aklim, from what I understand muts are in general much healthier than pure bred dogs. They don't get stuck with those common problems that many pure breds do. I think adopting from a shelter is great if they have a dog that suits your needs.
Thats exactly why I have my Chocolate Lab mix and the Pit bull mix. In general, muts shouldn't get the in-breeding problems like a pure bred will. Plus they cost almost nothing from the humane society and you dog isn't going to look like everyone elses.

KatZ28, don't worry about your dog chewing on dead stuff. If it really rotting away and bad, dog usually won't mess with it. My dog chew on 3 day dead rabbits and moles all the time. They are dogs, they lick their butts, other dogs butts, eat cat poop and mine like to eat goose poop for some reason.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:05 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to JoshGuitar
toldja ya shouldn'ta left me to take the dogs out
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing its idiot.
JoshGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:12 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to TNchic
Your doggie will be fine, dogs have a stronger digestive system than humans do and can handle more nasties than we can. My dog eats raw food on a regular bases. Raw Chicken, beef, fish, some pureed veggies, etc etc.

When we were leaving in TN, in the backwoods, there was this huge field rat that kept comming into our house. Smart little devil cause no matter what I did I couldnt catch the damn thing, and it would torment Bailey (my GSD) to no end. It would come in the kitchen, bailey would see it, take after it, it would go back in its hole and bailey would go head first into the wall. (we rented and had a hard time getting the landlord to fix the problem...why we moved)

Anyways, I was on the computer in the living room and I hear bailey in the kitchen doing her growl thing, and I figure its the rat again and bailey would go thud again.

Well, next thing I know she comes trotting into the living room up to me and drops the HEAD of the rat in my LAP, and looks at me like 'mommy mommy, look what I did, yeah!'

Needless to say I was grossed out.

The whole licking your face thing is a myth. Dogs mouths are cleaner than ours and have more stuff in their mouth to kill stuff, kinda like there digestive system.

Bailey licks me all the time after eating raw chicken wings for dinner.
TNchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 07:22 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to TNchic
Quote:
Originally posted by lil_mikey69
This is also a myth. Its all about the genes, not the dog. When breeding a certain breed, some of the breeds bad traits are bound to show up, either from a throw back from the line or something. Same thing with mutts. The reason that mutts 'seem' healthier is because there isnt that set of genes necesserarly sent down gen after gen. I know alot of pure breeds that are healthier than mutts and vice versa.

It can be argued that its possible for a mutt to be more unhealthier than purebreeds because you take BOTH sets of bad genes from BOTH parents into one dog.

Make sence so far?

Also just because the dog is healthy, doesnt mean its off spring will be. Genes are tricky and can hide and come out later in a line (or dog).

I only know the basics..I have a few friends who really study this stuff, they can tell you what gene does what and what its dominant/submissive to and everything.....

it can get confusing

Baically its what genes go into the dog, some mutts are healthier, some pruebreds are healthier. Kinda like with people and certain traits being passed down.
TNchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 AM   #15

Send a message via Yahoo to hairbear21
When my dog was in the house before we moved he used to eat the cat sh*t out of the litter box. It was nasty, but at least I didn't have to clean the litter box often!
As far as eating things, it's in their nature. Now we have some land, and he has eaten mice, moles, gophers, and the occasional pheasant. There is nothing to worry about, just make sure that he gets his shots at the vet (especially for rabies and worms). My cats do the same thing, and I have to worm them about once a month.
'95 Metallic Silver Z28 - TB bypass, CAI, SLP airfoil, powder coated intake, Hooker cat back, manual fan switch. 3.42 gears, J&M SFC's and LCA's. Edelbrock adjustable PHB and Koni 4/3's set on lower spring perch, poly torque arm bushing, and 18" ADR MSports!
hairbear21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 AM

Reply Post New Thread