Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to ChrisFrez Send a message via AIM to ChrisFrez Send a message via MSN to ChrisFrez Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisFrez Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisFrez
Arrow Jinn Movie featuring Firebreather Teaser Released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDtItFP-9uo

We saw the first production Firebreather car at SEMA yesterday, and it looks incredible in person. This car was a collaboration between Classic Design Concepts and Exxodus Pictures for the perfect union of motorsports and entertainment.

We met up with the film director and crew for press and during their press conference at SEMA 2010 saw a rough cut of some scenes from the movie Jinn. Nationwide release is scheduled for Spring 2011. Filmed entirely in the Metro-Detroit area by a Michigan based business.

Everyone we met involved with the film were extremely passionate about not only the film, but the car designed for it. No Hollywood stuck-ups here, they are some very cool people to chat with.

The intereasting part is the prototype car that was on display last year and was also used in the film was also used in an actual BullRun where it hands-down walked away from exotics from start to finish. It had 14,000 hard miles on it without a wimper. That is because the Firebreather is based on a 2010 Camaro.

Only 50 production versions of the car will be available for sale, and are selling out quickly.

http://www.firebreathercar.com
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
2012 Camaro ZL1 #181 | 2012 Chevy Volt
Listen to the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast| Get the CamaroZ28.COM Podcast App
Find me on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
ChrisFrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Indelibility
Re: Jinn Movie featuring Firebreather Teaser Released

It looks like something out of an old Batman movie.
Indelibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #3

Garage

^ i want to see the car in action already...!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #4

love the car....always thought their should be a pontiac derivative complete with a functional shaker.

how does the car fit into the movie? i'm assuming someone just drives it to escape some demons at some point. thank god if so because from the "firebreather" name i thought it was another transformer like crap show.

what's with that introduction, "in the beginning..." i hope the movie isn't as gay as that was.
formulaofsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #5

I know these guys did a TON of work, and I respect that, however, I cannot fall in love with a "fake" Pontiac that's nothing more than a Camaro with a body kit. It just doesn't "look right".

I appreciate the work that went into to it, but it's just not for me.
one wicked element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Brandon_Lutz Send a message via MSN to Brandon_Lutz

I like it and so far looks better than any of the other "Firebirds" made from 5th Gen Camaros.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by one wicked element View Post
I know these guys did a TON of work, and I respect that, however, I cannot fall in love with a "fake" Pontiac that's nothing more than a Camaro with a body kit. It just doesn't "look right".

I appreciate the work that went into to it, but it's just not for me.
isn't that all Firebirds ever were?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #8

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz View Post
I like it and so far looks better than any of the other "Firebirds" made from 5th Gen Camaros.
I don't know, Drop Top Customs did a T/A build that really captures the true essence:
Drop Top Customs T/A
Winter Beater(s): 2005 Legacy GT / 1998 Legacy GT
96 Z 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Z 28 View Post
I don't know, Drop Top Customs did a T/A build that really captures the true essence:
Drop Top Customs T/A
i'd buy that and i am not a fan of the current f body. all it needs is a 455
Old 11-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulaofsuccess View Post
isn't that all Firebirds ever were?
As is most of the GM brands. However, with the Firebird/Camaro, even though the frame (uni-body, i.e., F-body) was the same, not a lot of the parts were the same. They "tried" to make it different.

With most of the 5th gen conversions, it just looks like they stick a nose on the front and say "done". The body lines (to me) still scream CAMARO. I know there's only so much you can do to re-invent the car to turn a profit, but unless you re-skin it, the car will still look heavily like the donor car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Z 28 View Post
Drop Top Customs T/A
Now that's a nice start to looking like a "Firebird". Much better than "Firebreather".
one wicked element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #11
Admin Emeritus

Garage

When we talked with the team that made it at SEMA (cannot stress how cool they all are!), they made it clear that that didn't want it to be another "Firebird" conversion/revival/resurrection, but a more unique vehicle that borrowed heavily from the Firebird style, but not a replacement or a new version of it. IMO, that's why they don't use the word "Bird", "T/A", or anything like that.
JasonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Indelibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulaofsuccess View Post
i'd buy that and i am not a fan of the current f body. all it needs is a 455
Huh...didn't realize 2002 was considered current
Indelibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indelibility View Post
Huh...didn't realize 2002 was considered current
Current F-body = Camaro = 5th Gen = Hideous in my book

there was no mention of 2002
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #14

Chris,

Thanks so much for visiting us at SEMA and thank you for writing such a wonderful post.

I'd love to say a few things about the Firebreather project for those unfamiliar with the genesis behind it. The Firebreather was not created to be a part of the camaro/firebird/mustang rivalry or any other one for that matter. We love all those vehicles and pretty much any other exciting well made car...especially if it's Amercian made.

Our goal is to revitalize the economy of Michigan in ways that are new and exciting and harken back to a time when made in America meant something to the world.

The Firebreather is the result of two Michigan companies getting together to create something exciting that no one else had the resources, capacity, or desire to create.

It is the first time in history that you can walk out of a movie theatre and purchase the exact car that you saw in the film...able to perform exactly as it did in the movie. Not a prop, not a toy, not a show car. A true American super car that puts out over 600 hp and looks wicked doing it.

We believe the Firebreather is the perfect symbol to bridge the old and the new. Mating the new industry of filmmaking in Detroit with the old industry of automotive seemed like a logical yet risky endeavor...and we have taken it upon ourselves to take that risk.

To put things in perspective, especially if you don't buy into the hype that companies spend millions of dollars a year promoting...you will find that for every Firebreather we make, we give thirty to forty thousand dollars to General Motors for the Camaro.

For every car we sell, we keep many people and businesses employed that manufacture parts for the Firebreather.

With the film itself, we have spent 90 to 95% of our budget in Michigan so we can spread those dollars around. In fact we have hired dozens upon dozens of people (with no prior film experience) so that they could gain experience and go on to get other jobs in the film industry. 100% of those people have gotten work on other pictures such as Transformers 3 and Real Steel for Dreamworks amongst others.

The Firebreather was not created to compete with the Camaro. In fact I love the camaro...I even based my design around it.

We are also rooting for all the trans am conversion guys out there...but we did not create the Firebreather to compete with them either.

It was created as symbol of what we can do if we put our minds to it. Auto and film companies both said that it's impossible. Too expensive to design and manufacture...too much time to develop...too expensive to bring to market.

Guess what...it's here. And not by any of the big guys even.

In addition, I did not design the car to bring back Pontiac or the Firebird.

I simply designed the car as the car that I would want to see parked on my driveway. And I believe that was the right decision as when I walk past it...it takes my breath away every time.

Thanks for the support guys and I hope we get to make more cars and more movies in the coming years!

Aj

PS...wait till you get a load of Firebreather 2
Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #15

This is so far the best Camaro conversion I have seen. I won't call it Pontiac or Firebird conversion because I don't think that was the idea. There are certainly styling cues from several Firebird generations but at least in my opinion it came out as its own distinctive design.

I can see how a Pontiac fan, who expected a new Firebird, would be disappointed, but I like it.

Christian
starfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM

Reply Post New Thread

Tags
firebreather, jinn