Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #1

how to get antifreeze stain and/or smell out of carpet?

ok, i bought a 94 s10 blazer and it needed a heater core. i did the heater core and cleaned the carpet with some dishwashing liquid, a trick someone told me that gets an oil out of carpet. it seemed to clean up the carpet really well, it no longer is slimey and doesnt pool with antifreeze if i poke it with my finger.

are there any other tricks in getting the stain out of the carpet? its just stained green now, it doesnt smell like antifreeze anymore, atleast i dont think it does. its just my beater car so the world isnt over if i just leave it that way, but id like to know if theres anything more i can try.

someone told me carburetor cleaner takes out the stain/any remaining smell. what do you think?

thanks for the help!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: how to get antifreeze stain and/or smell out of carpet?

Just get a cheap bottle of the foamy interior cleaner stuff at wal-mart, worth a shot anyways and prolly only like 5 bucks.
LaxStreetRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:44 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Brandon_Lutz Send a message via MSN to Brandon_Lutz

Go to your local Autozone and pick up a couple of cans of Blue Magic Carpet cleaner and stain lifter. Then pick up a couple of cans of Turtle Wax carpet cleaner in the red or green cans.

Spray the stain liberally with the Blue Magic stuff. It comes out in a stream so soak it good. Then get a sponge and some warm water and get to scrubbing. After it has dried some and it is still somewhat damp, hit it with the Turtle Wax carpet cleaner and rub it in good. Repeat scrubbing with warm water and a sponge or clean cloth.

Once you feel you have scrubbed enough, rub it dry with some towels and let it air dry overnight. Come back the next day and take a look at it. If any of the stain is left follow the preceding procedure again.

I use both products all the time when I clean my truck. Worked great a few weeks ago when I had a bottle of Steens Sugar Cane syrup break in my truck and get Syrup all over the back of the extended cab. That Blue Magic stuff is great IMHO. Cleaned it right up It also removed a stain in the front passenger footwell that I had for about a year that nothing else seemed to remove.

Just take note to follow the instructions on the back of the bottles. You should be good to go after that.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #4

looks like ill be giving this a shot next week when i get a chance

thanks a lot
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:10 PM

Reply Post New Thread