Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #1

How do you adjust a metal storefront door?

anyone know? my office has double metal framed out swinging doors and one of them is now rubbing on the ground making it difficult to open and close. how the hell do you adjust these things?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
formulaofsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Irocvette355
Re: How do you adjust a metal storefront door?

Depends on how the door is hung.

If it has regular hinges make sure that they are tight. Or see if the frame has been hit or bent.

If it is on a pivot or pin system of some sort, check to see if they are broken or cracked. If not there is usually some type of screw or allen head bold that will adjust the tilt of the doors.(usually located on the bottom pivot)

2004 Z06 !stock
Irocvette355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #3

Just like Irocvette355 says. If the door piviots from the center of the door (no hinges visible) most likely the bushing in the top of the door is bad or worn. If the doors have butt hinges, then most likely the door subframe is bent. Although I have seen the doors themselves sag.
If you can e-mail me the manufacturer's name (off the lillte tag or sticker on the door) I can give you the name of one of the glass shops that use our products in the area who can help you out. Just can't get the name until Monday.
72 Nova - OLD SCHOOL hot rod
NovaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #4

hey thanks for the replies. it's hung on a hinge that runs the full length of the door secured by about 22 screws or so. i don't see a way to adjust it at all and it's actually rubbing on the top of the door frame.

i'll check on the manufacturer on monday.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #5

Ok, it is on a Pemco continuous hinge. You have one of the following problems:
1) The door subframe is bent or has moved from it's original position. You can put a level on the door frame and see if it is out of level.
2) The door itself has sagged. I think this is the most likely case, if the door is using 1" thick glass. Use a small angle square in one of the corners to see if this has happened.
72 Nova - OLD SCHOOL hot rod
NovaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaTodd
Ok, it is on a Pemco continuous hinge. You have one of the following problems:
1) The door subframe is bent or has moved from it's original position. You can put a level on the door frame and see if it is out of level.
2) The door itself has sagged. I think this is the most likely case, if the door is using 1" thick glass. Use a small angle square in one of the corners to see if this has happened.
thanks! i'll check that out monday. i can't believe it's a sag though because the door is catching the top of the frame on the side of the door opposite the hinge. odd.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 PM

Reply Post New Thread