Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to The Captain
Got kneed in my leg, somethings not right...

Now I have been kneed in the leg plenty of times, and the pain is usually very minimal the next day. This happened at work (horseplay FTL) at around 11am and I had to be on it the whole day at work until 9:30. (restaurant, lots of running around). I also had to work 9:30-8-:30 today on it, and by the time I got off my leg was throbbing. I hadnt sat down all day for more than 5 min, and by the time I went to get out of my car when I got home I could hardly walk. I have been sitting here at my computer for about an hour, and went to get up, I cannot move without screaming. What the hell could have happened? I got hit on the side of the leg about 2" above my knee. its swollen, but not black or blue. camera batt is dead, so no pics tonight of my manly hairy legs
Should I go get this checked out? I know my knees are bad, I cannot squat down and then get back up without a ripping/tearing feeling in my ankles and knees, been like that since I can remember. Any advise is welcome, because I will not go to the doctor until I cant stand the pain anymore, and thats usually when I screwed something up worse because I didn't get it treated in the first place.

EDIT: I am taking Ibuprofen 800MG and some muscle relaxers that I got when I hurt my back. If the doctor isnt going to do anything more than that, Im not going!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
I believe that many of us are prone to judge ourselves by our intentions while we inclined to judge others by their actions.

Last edited by The Captain; 05-06-2007 at 10:39 PM.
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #2

stop whining
stroked 383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #3

Maybe you fractured it? I'd get some ice on it asap and maybe take and anti-inflamitory. That's about all the Dr's will do for you. And stay off of it if you can.

"Without the Brave, There would be no Land of the Free!"
1BAD95Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:39 PM   #4

Could be a blood clot. If it is, you need to get it checked out.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroked 383 View Post
stop whining
[arnold voice] OUCH THAT HURT! [/anrold voice]
get on AIM bitch
I believe that many of us are prone to judge ourselves by our intentions while we inclined to judge others by their actions.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
Now I have been kneed in the leg plenty of times, and the pain is usually very minimal the next day. This happened at work (horseplay FTL) at around 11am and I had to be on it the whole day at work until 9:30. (restaurant, lots of running around). I also had to work 9:30-8-:30 today on it, and by the time I got off my leg was throbbing. I hadnt sat down all day for more than 5 min, and by the time I went to get out of my car when I got home I could hardly walk. I have been sitting here at my computer for about an hour, and went to get up, I cannot move without screaming. What the hell could have happened? I got hit on the side of the leg about 2" above my knee. its swollen, but not black or blue. camera batt is dead, so no pics tonight of my manly hairy legs
Should I go get this checked out? I know my knees are bad, I cannot squat down and then get back up without a ripping/tearing feeling in my ankles and knees, been like that since I can remember. Any advise is welcome, because I will not go to the doctor until I cant stand the pain anymore, and thats usually when I screwed something up worse because I didn't get it treated in the first place.

EDIT: I am taking Ibuprofen 800MG and some muscle relaxers that I got when I hurt my back. If the doctor isnt going to do anything more than that, Im not going!

While playing Junior College football, we were doing shorts and shoulder pad drills. I took a helmet to the thigh with the guy laying flat out in the air. Bone bruised the **** outta my thigh..and buddy I am here to tell ya, that is some painful **** right there. Took a month to heal...and that was in the hot tub, ice and what was then called Cramer Atomic Balm...who remembers that hot *** stuff?

David
FASTFATBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
WTF

On a scale of 1 - 10 how bad is the pain. If it's over say.......7......then you might have something wrong but I highly doubt it.
Then again, I'm not a DR but Iplay one on TV.
Originally Posted by shock6906
I don't know, man. Some folks need to wake up and smell the latex.
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
On a scale of 1 - 10 how bad is the pain. If it's over say.......7......then you might have something wrong but I highly doubt it.
Then again, I'm not a DR but Iplay one on TV.
I ALMOST went to the DR today. I called my grandma who is an RN and she told me to ice it and to stick it out, as it probably isnt something very major. I have some 800mg Ibuprofen from when I hurt my back, and it is helping, along with some booze I played football as well in HS, and had several instances of the same thing happening, it just didnt last as long. Her response: you are getting older, things take longer to heal. I am only 21 Its not really hurting that bad, but I am walking with a slight limp uncontrollably. I am going to give it a week or so and if its still bothering me I will go to the DR.

I just dont want to have ****ed up knees for the rest of my life, although I think that has already happened (cannot squat down and get back up without pain) My dad has bad knees, and I think I got the same thing.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I just dont want to have ****ed up knees for the rest of my life
Then you should probably stay off them.
sorry, I couldn't resist. <-- 87.25% gayness.
Originally Posted by shock6906
I don't know, man. Some folks need to wake up and smell the latex.
WTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Then you should probably stay off them.
sorry, I couldn't resist. <-- 87.25% gayness.
Ha, figures someone would say something like that! hahhaha.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Reply Post New Thread