Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #1

Fund for my wife.

My wife has been fighting cancer for the past year and a half. A lot I could write but I just don't have the time now. A friend started a fund to help her with being able to be off work and enjoy life. http://www.gofundme.com/n7ne44
This is why I haven't been around in a while. Just been really busy. I'll post more about our story at a later time.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
Lounge Moderator

Re: Fund for my wife.

Dropped some money in for ya, man. Hoping everything goes well, I read the update about the port.

My Dad beat Stage IV lymphoma, so I'm happy to offer support/advice/a friendly ear.

Craig

"No...No, man...!@#$ no, man...I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' somethin' like that, man."
Repeal the 19th Amendment!
Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #3

Thank you. She has been feeling pretty good lately. She goes for chemo on Wednesdays for 2 weeks and off the 3rd week. She's been having hair fall out lately so she's going to a charity event Sunday and having her head shaved again. Thjngs have been a mess lately. Her work cancelled her disability. So now we're trying to figure out what to do. Thank you everyone for prayers and donations.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:12 AM   #4
Lounge Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
Thank you. She has been feeling pretty good lately. She goes for chemo on Wednesdays for 2 weeks and off the 3rd week. She's been having hair fall out lately so she's going to a charity event Sunday and having her head shaved again. Thjngs have been a mess lately. Her work cancelled her disability. So now we're trying to figure out what to do. Thank you everyone for prayers and donations.
Glad she's in good spirits. Mindset is so important when fighting cancer.

You may want to try contacting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. They had a program when my Dad was going through treatment where they would send anyone undergoing chemo (regardless of cancer type, I believe) palattes of boost meal replacement drinks. This was a lifesaver since it replenished the nutrients he needed and chemo messes a lot with your sense of taste so nothing seems appetizing (some folks also have problems keeping normal food down).

What type and stage is she, if you don't mind me asking?

"No...No, man...!@#$ no, man...I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' somethin' like that, man."
Repeal the 19th Amendment!
Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:10 AM   #5

She gets her blood tested before every round and even when she has her bi week. Last week her white blood cells we're low but they came up before this treatment. I told her to look into something to help her keep counts up.

The stage now is stage 3 I think. This started out as Breast cancer in September 13. Had chemo in October- february 14. Then had double mastectomy in April. Had reconstructive surgery done in July. Tumor came back in September or so. Had another surgery to remove it. Then went through radiation in October -december 14. Then they found the tumor in her arm pit and removed it. And a few weeks later they told us about the cancer spreading to her lung, ribs and sternum. And that brings us to the point we were at now.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #6

I don't know you or your wife....but I do know PRAYING I hope and pray your wife over comes all of this......nothing like a good Church family praying for you guys. I'm sure that's going on!!!

God Bless you and your Family!!!
A new Friend..David
ZeeS7o7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:59 AM

Reply Post New Thread