Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Closed Thread Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Arrow CONTEST! The CamaroZ28.Com Photo Fun Challenge! Win big with one photo! ENDS 10-15-09

Announcing the CamaroZ28.Com 2009 Site Member Contest - the Photo Fun Challenge! We are going to be giving away some fabulous prizes this year, and entering is simple!

Here's what you need to do to enter...
  1. Print out the PDF file of the CamaroZ28.Com logo that is attached to this very post. If you cannot download it, you need to be logged in to your CamaroZ28.Com account. Don't have one? Get one here!
  2. Take a digital picture. The picture must have the following elements in it to qualify...
    - The printed PDF of the CamaroZ28.Com logo mentioned in step 1 above
    - A Camaro. Must be a real drivable Camaro, not a toy or another picture of a Camaro. Camaro does NOT have to be owned by the person submitting the photo!
  3. Upload the image to your photo gallery in your CamaroZ28.Com account. Every CamaroZ28.Com account has a free gallery, click here for more information on how to upload images to it!
  4. Post your image in this official CamaroZ28.Com Photo Fun Challenge thread!

That's it! CamaroZ28.Com site administrators (Chris and Jason) will choose the top submissions and then create a special poll thread allowing the public to vote on the winners. That's right, you get to determine the winner!

PRIZE LIST
Grand Prize - (1) Set of (4) Nitto Street or Competition Tires provided by Nitto Tire!

Additional Prizes Provided by:ENTRY GUIDELINES
  • Entries will be judged on image quality, creativity, etc.
  • One entry per member, one member account per person.
  • Printed PDF file displayed in the submitted digital photo must be fully legible, printed in full size (8.5 x 11 inches) or larger, and logo may not be altered in any way. Laptop screen can be used but is not preferred over printed image.
  • Image must meet the required elements to qualify or will not be counted.
  • Image must be genuine. Basic enhancements in lighting/contrast/clarity may be allowed but no altering of image elements. In other words, no using Photoshop or another photo editing program to create an image of an event that did not exist. Images will be checked for authenticity.
  • No image displaying anything blatantly illegal, immoral, or obscene will be allowed. Standard CamaroZ28.Com guidelines apply.

BONUS TIPS!
If you have a great image that you want to submit but want to help increase your chances of of being considered for the top 10, Here's the tips!
  • First, the more creative the image, the better your chances of getting picked! Use your imagination. Make it unique, funny, awesome, strange, whatever. Just make it memorable.
  • Printing the PDF file in color is a bonus.
  • Cars and girls go together well. Putting a pretty one in the image can't hurt (but is NOT a requirement, and the focus will be on the require elements above.). Must be PG-13 rated or better. R-rated images can be sent privately to webmasters@camaroz28.com, but out of fairness this will not increase your odds of winning.
  • And for the best way to increase your consideration of being a top 10 pick...when posting your entry in the "official thread", also include verifiable links to other places the image has been posted. Flickr, Photobucket, other forums (respectably), etc.

OFFICIAL RULES
  • Entries will be accepted from August 3rd until OCTOBER 15, 2009.
  • Public voting will take place once we have declared that no more entries will be submitted. There will be a two week window for the public to vote.
  • Winners will be officially declared on the CamaroZ28.Com Podcast.
  • Shipping costs may be incurred to the prize winner, depending on prize won and location of winner.
  • Due to the fluid nature of online interaction, judgment calls may be required. Any and all decisions will be made by CamaroZ28.Com admins and will be final.
  • Grand Prize winner has choice of (4) Nitto Tires from the Street or Competition product line. Combinations can be made. For example, winner may pick (2) Nitto NT555R Drag Radials and (2) Nitto NT555 street tires. Truck tires are excluded as prizes from this contest.
  • Additional rules may apply. Rules and prize details may be changed at any time.

Questions? Post them in this thread that you are reading (submissions should be made in this thread). Now fire up your printer, grab your digital camera and have some fun!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CZ28PhotoFunChallenge.pdf (599.9 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by JasonD; 09-01-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Updated per contest extension
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #2

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 6SpdLT1Z
So basically the PDF must be embedded into the picture like a watermark. Why not do that server-side on all images in the galleries?

I'll enter hopefully.

BTW, bonus e-**** points to those posting girl/camaro pics
1997 Camaro SS #2703/2892 - LTs, 3" ORY, 2OTL, BBK 52mm, K&N, LCAs, Suspension
2004 Silverado Z71 - Summit White, CCSB, 285's, Leveled, Tint
2000 Honda CR250 - FMF Pipe, Renthal Bars, Barkbusters
Old 08-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
Must be PG-13 rated or better.
So, which side of PG-13 do you consider "better"? I suspect we might disagree.

Quote:
R-rated images can be sent privately to webmasters@camaroz28.com, but out of fairness this will not increase your odds of winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z View Post
So basically the PDF must be embedded into the picture like a watermark. Why not do that server-side on all images in the galleries?
The way I read it, a printout of the PDF has to be in the photograph. I think the idea is that it proves that the photograph was taken specifically for the purpose of participating in this contest.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z View Post
Cliffs notes...
  1. Print the PDF
  2. Take a creative digital picture of a Camaro, include the print somewhere in the picture with it
  3. Upload it
  4. Post it
  5. Win (maybe)
Good luck!
Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #5

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 6SpdLT1Z
Quote:
Cliffs notes...
  1. Print the PDF
  2. Take a creative digital picture of a Camaro, include the print somewhere in the picture with it
  3. Upload it
  4. Post it
  5. Win (maybe)
Good luck!
Gotchya. Take the picture with the pdf in it, like the CZ28 traveling card.
1997 Camaro SS #2703/2892 - LTs, 3" ORY, 2OTL, BBK 52mm, K&N, LCAs, Suspension
2004 Silverado Z71 - Summit White, CCSB, 285's, Leveled, Tint
2000 Honda CR250 - FMF Pipe, Renthal Bars, Barkbusters
Old 08-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Banned

Send a message via AIM to shock6906
If I print that PDF, it's going to be black and white since I'll be printing it at work. Any problem with that?
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #7
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock6906 View Post
If I print that PDF, it's going to be black and white since I'll be printing it at work. Any problem with that?
Nope!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #8

Garage
i dont have to own the camaro right?
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKMOR View Post
i dont have to own the camaro right?
Nope. Just be creative with the photo!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #10

Those are some awesome prizes! How did you swing that???

It wll probably come down to the girlsl on this one. I mean it's going to have to be a HELLA F-body to beat another hella F-body with an ultra babe.

Hal

Last edited by Hal Fisher; 08-04-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Girls are not a requirement, just one possible suggestion.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
Banned

Send a message via AIM to shock6906
I'm not going to bother if there are pictures with girls draped all over the car. Those pictures always win, no matter what. I've seen it plenty in other photo contests.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #13
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
I'm not going to bother if there are pictures with girls draped all over the car. Those pictures always win, no matter what. I've seen it plenty in other photo contests.
Just get the girl in your avatar to participate.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #14

so.... do i have to owna camaro?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #15
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
No worries, that is just a suggestion. Definitely not a requirement and the focus for judging will be on the required elements and not that.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:18 AM

Closed Thread Post New Thread

Tags
camaroz28.com, contest, nitto