Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Exclamation CamaroZ28.Com Custom Die-Cast Car ***SERIES III*** INFO and Q&A!

NOW SHIPPING! Place your order at http://www.cz28store.com!

Okay, here we go, the information many of you have been waiting for...the info regarding CamaroZ28.Com Die-Cast car Series III! This info WILL be updated so you should subscribe to this thread to get updated when more info is added.

Click the image to open in full size.

(Last updated 10-29-08)

----------------------------------------------------------

Q: What is this all about?
  • CamaroZ28.Com has once again partnered with GreenLight Toys to produce a Limited Edition 1/64 scale Custom Die-Cast Camaro!

Q: Series Three? HUH?
  • Series III...the third in the series. The first version (here) was so fun for me to do and sold so well that it became a series. The second version (here) followed early this year and also sold out. The third version is what this thread is about and it is gonna be pretty kick ***. The design has been done and the artwork has been submitted and now production will start very soon has started.

Q: How will it be similar to the first two versions?
  • Same price ($9.99 plus shipping)
  • Each one individually serial numbered
  • First 10% of run will come with certificate of authenticity, hand numbered to match the corresponding car serial number.
  • Certificates are signed by Chris Frezza and myself.
  • All Green Machines will also have their own unique certificate of authenticity, signed by us as well.
  • Custom car design and wheels, etc.
  • Special CamaroZ28.Com graphics, text, etc. on both sides of the packaging, including matching trading card
  • Officially Licensed by GM!
  • More details later in this thread as they are released

Q: How will it be different from the first two versions?
  • My minimums went up. There will approximately 2,000 made total. I am not worried, though...I think this one will do just fine.
  • LESS than 5% will be Green Machines
  • Much cooler packaging! Wait until you see it!

Q: So what about the design?
  • The speculation on this one has been pretty cool to watch, and this one is definitely the most anticipated so far. It WILL be a 5th gen Camaro of course, but it will not be a convertible like Series II. It will be a coupe like the first one. In typical CamaroZ28.Com style, the car color, wheels, graphics, packaging will all be new and unique. What color will it be? Not black like the first one and not white like the second one. Once again, I took major elements from one VERY famous and historic classic Camaro and a couple of minor elements from a similarly matching late model Camaro and merged those elements with a 5th gen Camaro. Die-hard Camaro enthusiasts from both ends of the spectrum will love this car. Once again, I am doing this to show possibility and generate excitement for the upcoming Camaro and I believe I have succeeded even better this time than with the first two versions.

Q: When will was the design be released?
  • Design was released 11:59pm EST Saturday night, September 6, 2008. Pre-ordering was also be opened up at that time.
  • I am expecting the confirmation that production has started any day now. Once I get that confirmation, I will release the 3D rendering that the car was based on. Steven Whitaker once again provided his killer talents for this image, which is also on the trading card. So, You may want to subscribe to this thread to be notified when it is updated.
  • If you like the first two, this one will look awesome on display next to them. It definitely fits the series!

Q: Sounds cool...so...where and when can I get one?
  • At 11:59pm EST Saturday night, September 6, 2008, pre-ordering will be opened up at http://www.cz28store.com. You can now pre-order yours!
  • Approximately one to two weeks after production has started and the design has been released, pre-ordering will be opened up. I will more than likely open up pre-ordering at 11:59pm EST on a Saturday night so most people can get the jump on it without being late for work the next day.

Q: Why do I want to pre-order?
  • Pre-ordering is encouraged. Since the cars are individually numbered, they will be sold in order as close to sequentially as possible, starting at the lowest number. The sooner your orders gets in, the lower your serial number will be. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control there is no guarantee of particular numbers. This one is expected to sell out quickly.
    Also, like before, every 25th car ordered up to the first 500 also gets a free highly valuable and rare Green Machine version added to their order.

Q: After I order, when will I get mine?
  • We are expecting them to start shipping approximately 4-8 weeks after pre-ordering is opened up, which would put order fulfillment dates of around mid-late October. While this is the goal, it can always change due to unforseen circumstances.

Q: What is a "Green Machine"?
  • Green Machine versions are GreenLight's special edition separate numbered run, and can be considered in this case to be a "limited edition of the limited editions". They will account for LESS than 5% of the regular production run of the CamaroZ28.Com cars. They are VERY rare and valuable. They will come with a matching signed certificate of authenticity as mentioned above.

Q: Okay, how do I get the "Green Machine" version?
  • Every 25th pre-ordered regular production car (based on car serial number up to the first 500) will get a CamaroZ28.Com Green Machine version to go along with it absolutely FREE (a total of 20 free Green Machines - the "Lucky 20"). If you aren't one of the Lucky 20 but still want one, a few will be made available at CZ28Store.Com.

Q: How do I know if my order made it in? What serial number will I get?
  • The odds of an order not making to me are pretty slim, but if you are concerned or just want to make sure, you can e-mail and ask at jason@camaroz28.com. Please make it easy for me to check and include ALL order information. Also note that it may take me some time to get back with you. Be patient, I will do my best to reply ASAP.
  • You also have to create an account in the store to place an order. You can log into your account there and check status that way. For more information, click here and look under the "What does my order status mean in my account?"
  • There is no way I can mention what serial number everyone will get. I would hate to count incorrectly and have someone disappointed. It will have to be a surprise!

Q: What methods of Payment do you take?
  • PayPal and Google Checkout. If you don't like PayPal and want to use a credit card, you can do so through Google Checkout.

Q: My address is incorrect/I moved/something like that...what do I do?
  • E-mail jason@camaroz28.com. Please include ALL order information and as well as all changed information. The more detail, the better!

EXTRA NOTES:
Like the first two, I am basically a one-man show on this one. From the design to the shipping, I am pretty much handling all of this. I will try to be as precise as possible in doing this. Having said that, if there are any errors beyond my control (e-mail orders not making it to my inbox for one reason or another, technical glitches, etc.,) please understand that it is just that...beyond my control. I suppose my biggest concern is PayPal or Google not sending me an e-mail and someone not getting their order "in line" or something getting lost in the mail. In short, if something goes wrong, it is probably beyond my control and I will do whatever I can to make it right.

I would like to thank the following sponsors for helping to make this project happen:
- Custom SSI
- F-Body Vinyl
- Full Throttle Speed
- HotPart.Com
- Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
- SLP Engineering
- Thunder Racing
- Trifecta Performance Tuning
- Victory Racing Engines

----------------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here in this thread! Subscribe to it to get notification when it is updated because if you snooze, you lose!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
JasonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #2

I must say YESSS! I can not wait to see what comes of this! Very exciting!
Rick saw the pictures and said, "Why are we doing this? Let's have another go at it and create a new car that captures the spirit of the 69, because that is what you really want. You don't want to repeat the past slavishly. You want to do a vehicle that captures all of the spirit, the passion, the essence of the old car, but reinterpret it in a new and modern and contemporary way that is going to last awhile." 5thGEN.ORG
member "Over Drive Gang"!
Caps94ZODG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to 94Camaro_Z_28 Send a message via AIM to 94Camaro_Z_28 Send a message via MSN to 94Camaro_Z_28
w00t!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Banned

Send a message via AIM to shock6906
Yes, I want one, and I'll buy at least one. (And another Camaroz28.com t-shirt since I got something on my other one that won't come off. )
shock6906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #5

Garage
neat!

i'll be waiting for updates
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #6
Disciple

Send a message via AIM to HTWLSS Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS Send a message via Yahoo to HTWLSS
Patiently waiting (and still hoping for a Green Machine).
Old 08-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #7

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Gripenfelter Send a message via MSN to Gripenfelter
Ok I want "#6".

I'll pay $85,000 for it.

2010 Camaro SS available for Sale

Gripenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Admin Emeritus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripenfelter View Post
Ok I want "#6".

I'll pay $85,000 for it.
Deal!
JasonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:49 PM   #9

Garage
Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 PM   #10

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Gripenfelter Send a message via MSN to Gripenfelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post
Deal!
Gripenfelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #11
Disciple

Garage
Is it too late to get a first edition car? Any extras around?
72zmaggie98z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 10:00 PM   #12

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 6SpdLT1Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72zmaggie98z View Post
I'll sell you mine for $85,000.
1997 Camaro SS #2703/2892 - LTs, 3" ORY, 2OTL, BBK 52mm, K&N, LCAs, Suspension
2004 Silverado Z71 - Summit White, CCSB, 285's, Leveled, Tint
2000 Honda CR250 - FMF Pipe, Renthal Bars, Barkbusters
6SpdLT1Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:07 PM   #13
Disciple

Send a message via AIM to HTWLSS Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS Send a message via Yahoo to HTWLSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72zmaggie98z View Post
Maggie,
I always buy more than one of everything....I probably have an extra one I can sell you.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:54 PM   #14
Disciple

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Maggie,
I always buy more than one of everything....I probably have an extra one I can sell you.
Thanks let me know what you would want for it Ssee ya Sunday.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM   #15
Disciple

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SpdLT1Z View Post
I'll sell you mine for $85,000.
You should get treatment for that crack addiction Thanks anyway..
Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM

Reply Post New Thread

Tags
camaroz28.com die cast, green machine, series 3, series iii