Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #1

Is it bad that I'm sick of hearing my wife complain about her job?

Everyday my wife comes home and complains about her day and the people she works with. It's never happy/fun stories, those are fine. But the constant complaining really gets old. She also complains about her drive to and from work. She works as a dental assistant, so it's not like there aren't any dental offices in the world she could work at, that are close to home, and have better staff. And then to top it off when she gets home, she spends all night on the phone, with her sister, then her mom, then her aunt, then her sister again. So I have to hear the same complaining stories over and over all night. I rarely talk about my day of work unless I think it might be something the would be interested in. I'm the kind of person that just goes with the flow, my motto: poop or get off the pot. If I had a job that I complained about every day, I'd look into working some place else.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Old 10-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to ibanez6rg Send a message via Yahoo to ibanez6rg
Say, "Hey, ******, quit your bitchin'!"
ibanez6rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:09 PM   #3

That exact reason is why I broke up with my last GF. I told her if she wasn't planning on doing anything about her job, the STFU. She said I didn't care about her, and the we broke up.
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold. "
- 1.Lt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC (Future CMC)
RedPhenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #4

my mother did the same thing. she's an x-ray tech. she came home every night almost in tears cuz she hated it so much.. my dad told her for weeks to quit. finally she came home one night and he said, are they still open? we're goin. and he went with her so she could quit. now she works at a surgury center and she loves it.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/19formula93
19camaro71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM   #5

I don't talk about work to my woman unless it's something funny.

Ask her why she feels the need to complain about her job.
How Mustangs Operate
Melee Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #6

NO, stick something in her mouth. Problem sloved! Damn i'd be a good relationship therapist.
streetheatz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #7

It's ok for us to know. But you better not let her know. Just help her get to a happier place so you can talk about better stuff.
'87 IROC T-Top:Crate Vortec 350 TPI W/hot cam, Edel. run, 52mm tb, K&N, 3" catback, Edel. TES shorty, 700R, 2800 stall W/cooler, Hurst dual gate shft, '01 WS6 Alum.shaft, BW 9 bolt 3.27 w/posi, pro-kit, twr. brace
'03 Mach 1 13.8@102 stock w/auto.
1987IROC350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawzforlife View Post
Everyday my wife comes home and complains about her day and the people she works with. It's never happy/fun stories, those are fine. But the constant complaining really gets old. She also complains about her drive to and from work. She works as a dental assistant, so it's not like there aren't any dental offices in the world she could work at, that are close to home, and have better staff. And then to top it off when she gets home, she spends all night on the phone, with her sister, then her mom, then her aunt, then her sister again. So I have to hear the same complaining stories over and over all night. I rarely talk about my day of work unless I think it might be something the would be interested in. I'm the kind of person that just goes with the flow, my motto: poop or get off the pot. If I had a job that I complained about every day, I'd look into working some place else.
same deal with me... i'm in a REAL frickin' pickle about it, cuz we're both in the same industry (CA's), but she's in co-op, and i'm 3.5 yrs older, and work full time at the same company (different location... same 'greater vancovuer area' office, we just have 2 big offices)....

i'm honestly at ends with what to do, for me, if you're btihcing, i don't want to spend my VERY precious time away from work dealing with it... its a real relationship killer, if you ask me
ianwells100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:36 PM   #9

What is CA?
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold. "
- 1.Lt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC (Future CMC)
RedPhenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #10
Banned

That is why my wife stays home raising the family, cooking and cleaning. I love it!
MENEGRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:05 PM   #11

me and my roommate work together (different deptartments though) so it seems like most the time we talk it's bitching about work. it gets old because that's all people do when they're there is bitch about it. the place is ****ing gossip central too so i just keep my mouth shut.
#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #12

My wife does...and then I remind her they pay her very well.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #13

Why would it be a bad thing?

I know you're probably looking for ways to solve this problem - But I'm gonna say thank you for reinforcing my lack of desire to ever get married.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:47 PM   #14
GP Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Joe Brodman Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Brodman
Quote:
Originally Posted by MENEGRANDE View Post
That is why my wife stays home raising the family, cooking and cleaning. I love it!
That would be my hell if I was married.

I usually tell my girl how my day has went; usually just highlights. I tend to have at least one interesting story from the day. I try not to be a downer, though.

Everyone has a rough day from time to time, and needs someone to vent to. When it is every day it becomes a problem.
04 Yamaha Raptor 660R - not stock
Joe Brodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhenx View Post
What is CA?
Chartered Accountant... basically every country around the world recognizes CA's as the top level of accounting/audit work, however in the states you have CPA's, which are fundamentally the same, however CPA's (and the american system) are more 'stringent' in their work, ie. they follow guidelines to a 't' -CA's are often hired in the states for their ability to think 'outside' the box for business/audit solutions...

thats my cheesy sales blurb on CA's for an american who isn't savvy with what CA's/CPA's do... all you have to really know is its a really good career (Threxx's wife is becoming a CPA and from what he's said is just as hard as getting hte CA), lots of money to be had, really secure job market adn at that a vast job market...
ianwells100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:37 PM

Reply Post New Thread