Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #16

Re: 2014 impala 2lt

No I don't have them connected yet. Just received the lights. Went to install them and I have no mounts for the top of the lights. Only mounts I have are the two on the bottom. Did you make brackets for the top or how did you mount the lights. I don't think the two mounts on the bottom will support the lights.

As I said in my original post, the service manager told me after looking at the schematic, that he would not have a problem connecting them. As soon as I get the lights mounted I will make the appointment.

Would love to know how you mounted you lights......
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
Blackt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackt52 View Post
No I don't have them connected yet. Just received the lights. Went to install them and I have no mounts for the top of the lights. Only mounts I have are the two on the bottom. Did you make brackets for the top or how did you mount the lights. I don't think the two mounts on the bottom will support the lights.

As I said in my original post, the service manager told me after looking at the schematic, that he would not have a problem connecting them. As soon as I get the lights mounted I will make the appointment.

Would love to know how you mounted you lights......
. Just go ahead and mount them with the bottom two bolts. When they slip into the covers you will be surprised how tight everything is. I was concerned at first also but it works better than you think.
ltz drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltz drls View Post
. Just go ahead and mount them with the bottom two bolts. When they slip into the covers you will be surprised how tight everything is. I was concerned at first also but it works better than you think.
you can always fabricate a simple mounting bracket later, right now I'm waiting for some ideas on how to tie in to existing wiring. One connector has 2 wires other has 7 .
Old 08-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #19

I plan installing the lights this weekend and on Monday morning make the appointment to have the lights connected. I will try and get the schematic of how the mechanic connected the wires. The last time we talked, he stated that they would piggyback off the headlight wiring under the fuse box in the engine compartment. As soon as they are done I will let you know. Also thanks for the response on installation of the lights.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:32 AM   #20

Quote:
I plan installing the lights this weekend and on Monday morning make the appointment to have the lights connected. I will try and get the schematic of how the mechanic connected the wires. The last time we talked, he stated that they would piggyback off the headlight wiring under the fuse box in the engine compartment. As soon as they are done I will let you know. Also thanks for the response on installation of the lights.
Thanks, that would be great.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:10 AM   #21

Got lights installed and have called to schedule appointment. I go in Sept. 3rd.

Will let you know when done.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #22

Thanks again. If you are going to install the factory trim also know that you will have to drill 13 holes in each side of your car to attach the clips. Don't know if you are going to buy them or not but thought I'd let you know. Two sided tape will not work on this factory trim.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 AM   #23

Great thread keep us posted I just picked up a 14 2LT and I want to add these to my Impala.
-2010 2LT/RS A6, Sunroof
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #24

Good news, I got the lights wired today. The bad news, I dont know how he did it. It took them 4 hours and he wired them like factory. He installed a relay and all wires are under the engine compartment fuse box. They come on when you turn the ignition switch on and the parking lights dim. When the dashboard sensor detects lack of light, the running lights dim and parking lights then go bright. I do know he cut the 7 pin connector off and just used the 3 wires from the harness. I also know he used a 5 pin relay.

I thought he would just connect the wires to power them and he wired them like an LTZ I guess. Sorry I cant supply more information. I dont know how many wires he added under the fuse panel.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Good news, I got the lights wired today. The bad news, I dont know how he did it. It took them 4 hours and he wired them like factory. He installed a relay and all wires are under the engine compartment fuse box. They come on when you turn the ignition switch on and the parking lights dim. When the dashboard sensor detects lack of light, the running lights dim and parking lights then go bright. I do know he cut the 7 pin connector off and just used the 3 wires from the harness. I also know he used a 5 pin relay.

I thought he would just connect the wires to power them and he wired them like an LTZ I guess. Sorry I cant supply more information. I dont know how many wires he added under the fuse panel.
Are your headlight Drls turned off? If so,how is that done?
Old 09-05-2014, 03:36 PM   #26

Quote:

Can you post a photo of the DRL's? How easy is it to remove the black plastic and the chrome trim from the bumper.

Can you post a photo of the wires and where they are to and from the DRL's?
-2010 2LT/RS A6, Sunroof
Old 09-06-2014, 07:46 AM   #27

No, the headlights are on all the time. The only change is in the parking lights. During daylight operation the LED running lights are on bright and the parking lights are dim, with the headlights on. At night the LED running lights dim slightly and the parking lights are on bright with the headlights.

Wiring that I know, He cut off the 7 pin connector. He took the ground wire and attached to a stud next to the head/parking light assembly on the drivers side. He attach the second wire into the green wire of the parking light just above the horn. The third wire goes under the fuse box. I also understand he did other wiring under the fuse box.

He attached a red, white and black wire to the three wires coming out of the harness. Black to ground, white to the parking lights and red to the fuse box. I dont know the color code of the wires coming out of the harness that he attached these wires to. I will try and pull that panel under the driverside Running light and see if I can determine the colors of the harness wires and what is connected to what..

The panels just pop out. I believe there are 6 clips and you just pull down and push out and the black plastic panels will pop out. New panels just pop in same place.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:50 AM   #28

I should note that you can use the switch for the lights (turn signal lever) and turn the headlights off. When I do this the only lights on are the LED running lights. All other lights are off.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #29

LTZ_DRLs

Took the panel down under the drivers side running light. I found the 5 pin relay he installed. The relay is a GM 3602, part# 12193602.

Now for the wiring! The GM harness has 7 wires inside it. He cut off the 7 pin connecter. The colors used are Gray, Purple, Black, Light Blue & Dark Blue. The wires NOT used were Dark Blue with Lite Blue Strip & Black with Lite Blue Strip (these wires were cut couple inches shorter and were back inside the harness).

Now looking at the relay with the pins facing you, 3 pins across the top and 2 pins on the bottom (1 left, 1 right), this is how he wired it.

Top Left Pin WHITE wire. This wire went directly straight up to were the driver parking light connecter (Blub end) is and a few inches back from the connecter he spliced the White wire with the Green wire.

Top Center Pin LITE BLUE & DARK BLUE wires from the Harness.

Top Right Pin PURPLE & GRAY wires from the Harness.

Bottom Left Pin RED wire attached and went to the fuse box. This wire is the only wire I do not know what it is connected to. I am guessing it is the power wire. This is the only wire that can be powering the relay and only has power when the key is on.

Bottom Right Pin BLACK wire from the Harness & BLACK wire added. The BLACK wire added run up with the WHITE wire and just to the left of were the WHITE wire was connected there were 3 grounding stud. He attached the BLACK wire to the bottom stud.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #30

Coll thanks can you tell me what the part numbers are the the LED lights, and the trim pieces I will need to order.

Thanks
-2010 2LT/RS A6, Sunroof
Old 09-07-2014, 02:43 PM

Reply Post New Thread

Tags
led running lamps