Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > Community > F-body Lounge
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #1

Unhappy 2014 impala 2lt

Ok I purchased a 2014 Impala 2LT in Metallic Blue. I love the car, great pick up and got all options. My one issue is that the LED day time running Lamps are only offered on the LTZ model which according to Chevy will NOT be the top selling trim level. I am happy with the 2LT I picked up, but was surprised that with a loaded car that is so similar to LTZ and the price is a lot higher then the previous model that NO fog lamp was offered on the 2LT trim. From what I have heard from Chevy reps and my dealer that I am not the only one asking when or if the LED running lamps will be sold as accessories. Its funny how all other cars in the Chevy line up are able to get fog lamps of some type on the LT models with the exception of the most expensive sedan. Anyone else have this frustration or have questioned this to Chevy. It does seem like other chevy cars you are able to get fog lamps as add on. I hope Chevy makes good decision and sell the LED running lamps.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!

Last edited by Michael Hutter; 08-12-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: First post didn't get to the point.
Michael Hutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #2

Re: 2014 impala 2lt

Congrats on your new Impala! I just purchased an Equinox for my wife, and was a little surprised/frustrated that we had to get the 2LT just to get fog lights, which my wife really wanted. Seems something like fog lights should be standard, or available across the board as an option. But I guess they are making more money by having people opt for higher models, so they aren't going to change that philosophy.
SRFCTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hutter View Post
Ok I purchased a 2014 Impala 2LT in Metallic Blue. I love the car, great pick up and got all options. My one issue is that the LED day time running Lamps are only offered on the LTZ model which according to Chevy will NOT be the top selling trim level. I am happy with the 2LT I picked up, but was surprised that with a loaded car that is so similar to LTZ and the price is a lot higher then the previous model that NO fog lamp was offered on the 2LT trim. From what I have heard from Chevy reps and my dealer that I am not the only one asking when or if the LED running lamps will be sold as accessories. Its funny how all other cars in the Chevy line up are able to get fog lamps of some type on the LT models with the exception of the most expensive sedan. Anyone else have this frustration or have questioned this to Chevy. It does seem like other chevy cars you are able to get fog lamps as add on. I hope Chevy makes good decision and sell the LED running lamps.
LTZ is the top optioned vehicle in the lineup. However, it is not likely to sell the most volume. LTZ will always have options unavailable on lower trim levels. LED's are still "technically" more expensive than standard lighting, and that is probably why they are reserved for LTZ. The fog ligh thing is anybody's guess.
1999 Camaro SS #3347 Lid, SSRA, LS6 Intake, Hotcam, Jet-Hot LT's, True Duals, McLeod Street Twin, 4.10's
SSCamaro99_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #4

I know it was said that LED should only be on LTZ trim as its top of the line. But I would think that LTZ already has Nav standard pretty much, ambient lighting in back seat as LT only has it in front seat, all leather seats, dual exhaust tips, cooling seats, heated steering wheel, chrome mirrors, and chrome on doors and high intensity lamps that if people are willing to pay for LED lamps to release them as accessory as I think they would sell a lot since most people by LT and LS trim levels.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #5

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImportedRoomate Send a message via MSN to ImportedRoomate

The LTZ has the LED DRL because it comes with the HID headlamps. They're not fog lights. The halogen headlamps in the lower models handle the DRL function.

Thank goodness manufacturers are doing away with fog lights. They're never used correctly anyway.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #6

I understand why you would say that Only LTZ has the daytime running lamps, but again its a nice touch and if people are willing to pay for them why not make some more money. They have after market ones that you insert and plug into fuse box and they turn on when ignition is turned on , but would rather have GM approved LED lamp. I don't care about HID head lamps, but a lot of people that I know or had discussions with at local dealer who bought lower trim levels would like the LED lamps and to sell a car these days at that price without that option is silly when you can buy a KIA or Honda for 10 grand less and have the LED head lamps/day time lamps standard on almost all trim levels. The chevy rep said most likely they will not come out as accessory, but not to rule it out as they have had a lot of feed back on same issue.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #7

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ImportedRoomate Send a message via MSN to ImportedRoomate

Well on one side the extra cost could be an issue. GM will de-content where they can to distance the LT from the LTZ to achieve a worthwhile separation in price.

Then on the other hand, they needed to be able to differentiate the LTZ. If someone is going to pay extra for the LTZ, it should have its own distinguishing features. The LT's halogens are projectors so they physically look identical to the HIDs. So the LTZ gets the LEDs.

If you want the fancy stuff you gotta pay for it, and unfortunately these things usually come in packages.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #8

Well I would have purchased LTZ, but had a lot of neg equity in 2013 malibu that I purchased Yr before as I had Eco premium and the Nav was not always accurate and I barely used it and the car was just to small for my needs. When I bought car I got the 2LT loaded which was similar to LTZ with exception of some body decor. My dealer thought by now that the LED lights would be add on as all you would have to do is connect them to car fuse box and your done its simple add on and they get a lot of people asking. I would think with extra moldings chrome handles and Exhaust tips people would know its LTZ.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Z28x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hutter View Post
Well I would have purchased LTZ, but had a lot of neg equity in 2013 malibu that I purchased Yr before as I had Eco premium and the Nav was not always accurate and I barely used it and the car was just to small for my needs. When I bought car I got the 2LT loaded which was similar to LTZ with exception of some body decor. My dealer thought by now that the LED lights would be add on as all you would have to do is connect them to car fuse box and your done its simple add on and they get a lot of people asking. I would think with extra moldings chrome handles and Exhaust tips people would know its LTZ.
There must be a part number for the LEDs. What if an LTZ gets into a wreck, how do they fix it? I think the dealer should be able to get this part for you. Maybe try another (larger) Chevy dealer?
2000 Camaro SS - 1999 Grand Prix GT - 1994 Camaro Z28
Z28x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #10

well I spoke to Chevy.
No headway yet, but I did find the chrome strips on the doors on a website called CarID.com.
I will have those put on and they do have the LED lamps too , but for that would rather have GM parts to not void warranty. My dealer does think that if they do come out it should be soon as car has been out 6 months and novelty will ware off soon. And again since the LT and LS models is mostly what is on lot and selling would be nice add on.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #11

I am not sure how the LED lamps are set up, but you might need a BCM change to get them to work correctly. Otherwise the car will think they are burned out all the time.

-Geoff
Old 07-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #12

My concern would be the wiring. The lights are easy to get. How would you wire the lights? The ltz has a harness coming off the main harness for the drls'. Does the 2LT have a harness built in also?. If not how would you wire them in?
scanner314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Garage

I don't think it matters much.... "Michael Hutter" has not returned to the site since his last post 11 months ago.

94 Formula A3+1: 381ci all-forged stroker - Callies Stealth, Oliver 5.85 billet rods, BME nitrous pistons / CNC LT4 heads / Comp Cams custom solid roller / TH400 + GearVendors OD / Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's / 300-shot N2O / Spohn suspension / 6-pt roll bar with integrated SFC's / AutoMeter instrumentation / MoTeC M48Pro engine management system / a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800LB-FT at the flywheel.
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #14

Just bought a new Impala 2lt. I also wanted the LED running lights. Things I found out are

1. Does not need to be program into the computer.
2. My service manager told me they can be hook up, they piggy back off of the headlight wiring, under fuse box.
3. I ordered the harness and the lower panels (Left & Right) with running lights for $148.00 shipped to the house.

I order from Cheapest GM Parts.com | cheapestgmparts.com.

I am waiting for the above parts to arrive to insure I order the correct parts. My service department believes there are the right parts. Once I see the parts are correct I will order the LED running lights for the new panels. The web site above sell the lights for $133.00 a piece. So you are looking at around $400.00 plus what ever the service depart charges me to connect the wires. I am letting them due it so they is no problem with warranty.

Again my service manager review the wiring diagram and said he can make them work! I will keep you all posted!!!
Blackt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #15

Cool Re: 2014 impala 2lt

Any news on how to wire these? Have mine installed with wiring harness but need to hook to existing lighting? Have you completed your install?
ltz drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 PM

Reply Post New Thread

Tags
led running lamps