Exhaust System From headers to exhaust tips

XS Power Headers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 02:28 AM

Re: XS Power Headers

In response to the OP's original question: it is my understanding that the eBay user "ftgmotorsports", LPP, SSAutoChrome, and Huron Speed all sell the same LT-1 headers, though I am not sure who actually fabricates the headers.

I bought a set of headers (w/no Y-pipe) from LPP who stated they were made by SSAutoChrome. "ftgmotorsports" told me that SSAutoChrome was his business partner. After deciding not to go the true-duel route on my Camaro, which is why I did not purchase a Y-pipe originally, only Huron Speed (referred to me by SSAutoChrome) would sell me just the Y-pipe (@ $220 shipped).

As far as fitment, the right header needed to be removed to have the header flange faced. Other than that, I have no complaints ... well ... that and it would have been cheaper had I purchased the Y with the headers.
Old 09-05-2015, 10:27 AM

That sounds wonderful Shosovr, how is it at high RPM?
What I-Pipe and muffler is that?
Old 09-05-2015, 11:23 AM

That's great info. I decided to get the LPP headers with y-pipe for $525 through a group purchase. They say they are thier own design 321ss and made in Georgia through XS Power. But who knows...
I've read people having some big fitment issues, others say just minor issues and some say they had no problems at all. I'm hoping to have them on in the next month or so, so I'll see how it goes.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:55 PM

The video has my old set-up, which was Edlebrock's TES shorty headers, into a F/M 3" high-flow cat, then into a F/M muffler. I switched to a Magnaflow muffler when I went with long-tubes.

As far as how they perform at high RPM's, at the same time I switched from a Vortech Y-trim to a YSi-trim with a smaller pulley and blew a head gasket on its maiden voyage. It's back together, but currently experiencing some tuning issues.

"XS Power" is stamped on my headers from LPP, as with the headers sold by those other sellers, which is why I stated that I was not sure who actually fabricated them. I am no Quality Control Engineer, but the headers and y-pipe that I received looks as good as any that I have seen, especially for the price.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:20 PM

Nice! That's really awesome. I'm not supercharged but I have a fully forged, blueprinted and balanced 383.