East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Who all's from NC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 AM

I'm from Goldsboro originally but spend my life in Raleigh right now working and going to NCSU... by the way does anyone know of any good paint shops around here that don't charge a fortune :-/
Old 03-03-2008, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by jmmullin
I'm from Goldsboro originally but spend my life in Raleigh right now working and going to NCSU... by the way does anyone know of any good paint shops around here that don't charge a fortune :-/
Ive got a guy that does all mine and my families body work on cars that is really resonable.

Im about an hour north of raleigh though. Im 30 minutes north of durham so that might be too far out of the way. Im not even sure how far I am from goldsboro
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM

I live in Raleigh right now and plan on getting some exhaust work done by a shop here; After that gets done I'll move on to the paint. You're probably only about 45 minutes away..maybe an hour. How much do you think it would be to get a Camaro painted the OEM pewter/light silver metallic color? I don't think it would need to be stripped completely but rather just sanded down..thanks bud!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by Kwik_Z
I know exactly where Worthington Mill Rd is. It used to be nice area until developers builds gazillion new homes. There is no more farms, corn fields and open space any more.

Richboro is not the same any more.
Spread Eagle Inn is now relocating 200 ft south.
Old Richboro Elementary School has been relocate 1000ft further back and there is new Bank / office building occupied that place.

I remember Richboro used to be farming community. Now it is more like fast pace small city / suburban area.
You don’t wanna be at 2nd St Pike and Almshouse Rd intersection during rush hour. You’ll developed more new profanity words. ..LOL

From my father’s house to Spread Eagle Inn use to takes 5 minutes but now it takes a good 15 to 25 minutes.
Yep, I used to live on the first road on the right after advent church. The road across from the old one on the left were all those big home with the elitists doctors in them and whatnot. The house I grew up in was nice though, typical older richboro home.

I remember hearing about the spread eagle getting moved back before I left! I thought they had moved it once already?! And as far as the old elementary school, you'd think there are enough banks/offices around richboro that they wouldn't need more!

I wonder if tanner brothers is still there? I worked there for a short time when I was a teenager before we moved. Always got our milk there, fresh milk and in plastic bags

I came back to richboro probably 5/6 years ago and it had changed so much in a matter of 3 years. I can't even imagine what's like now. My dad wanted to move back to NC to get back into the country life. Phew, what a good choice! I love living out in the country now, and I really appriciate it now that I own my own house.

Ill make it back someday. I'll make sure I avoid 2nd street pike/almshouse during rush. It was pretty conjested when I left, I can only imagine now
Old 03-03-2008, 11:12 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by jmmullin
I live in Raleigh right now and plan on getting some exhaust work done by a shop here; After that gets done I'll move on to the paint. You're probably only about 45 minutes away..maybe an hour. How much do you think it would be to get a Camaro painted the OEM pewter/light silver metallic color? I don't think it would need to be stripped completely but rather just sanded down..thanks bud!
I have to bring him my dads car that a deer ran into the side of to get some work done on it this week. I will ask him about that when I bring it. If you want to know sooner I can PM you the number to the shop. If you do that just tell him you had a friend (ill give you my name) that reccomended you to the shop. His prices are very resonable and (hopefully) he will give you a good price
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by MarcC723
I remember hearing about the spread eagle getting moved back before I left! I thought they had moved it once already?!
They only move it one time. They were suppose to move it many years ago but it got delays due to politics mumbo jumbos such as engineering, cost, taxes..blah..blah..

And as far as the old elementary school, you'd think there are enough banks/offices around richboro that they wouldn't need more!
LOL...Richboro isn't cheap town any more. More Banks and legal offices...bunch of mumbo jumbos.

I wonder if tanner brothers is still there? I worked there for a short time when I was a teenager before we moved. Always got our milk there, fresh milk and in plastic bags
Tanners still there. Milk are now sold in plastic container, just like the one you buy at Supermarket.

Didn't you know Davis Pontiac is gone?
I think O Neil Buick, GMC & Pontiac owns Davis Pontiac
http://www.oneilbuickgmc.com/

My father and I met Mr. Davis many time at Northampton Country club / Fitness Center.
Ever since Mr. Davis sold his dealership, my father could not get in touch with him for awhile.

edit...I found it....Davis Pontiac sold it's dealership to O Neil.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_widesearch=yes&p_multi=LBCB|DPIB|WBCB|& p_product=BURB&p_theme=burb&p_action=search&p_maxd ocs=200&xcal_numdocs=20&p_perpage=10&p_sort=_rank_ &xcal_ranksort=4&xcal_useweights=yes&p_text_sear ch-0=davis%20pontiac&s_dispstring=davis%20pontiac

damn links....
just type in www.phillyburbs.com
click on courier time, click on local news, type in davis pontiac on search box.

Last edited by Kwik_Z; 03-03-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 PM

Wink

They only move it one time. They were suppose to move it many years ago but it got delays due to politics mumbo jumbos such as engineering, cost, taxes..blah..blah..
Yea I remember the cost being a big issue with it when I left. Didn't really keep a tab on town after I left, but I was almost positive last time I came back to town they had moved it back some. I remember it used to sit right on the intersection corner. It seemed like if you reached your hand out the window you could touch it

Tanners still there. Milk are now sold in plastic container, just like the one you buy at Supermarket.
Yeah, they used to have gallon jugs like regular supermarkets and bags. I guess they did away with the bags, I think that was the only place ive ever saw milk sold in bags, atleast locally.

Didn't you know Davis Pontiac is gone?
I think O Neil Buick, GMC & Pontiac owns Davis Pontiac
http://www.oneilbuickgmc.com/

My father and I met Mr. Davis many time at Northampton Country club / Fitness Center.
Ever since Mr. Davis sold his dealership, my father could not get in touch with him for awhile.

I used to go to school with his son (buddy). Business seemed real good when I left, they were there forever. That's crazy.

I think Ive highjacked my own thread
Old 03-06-2008, 03:28 PM

I'm in mooresville