East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

NC racecar project!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 PM

NC racecar project!

Any NC guys who want to play with a racecar and turn some wrenches, drive, etc.... POST UP!!!

I have a ghetto phabulous 94 Z28 M6 that needs some troubleshooting and engine work to get it running right.

It already has a hotcam and all supporting mods. I just haven't gotten it to run right, because I suck at valvetrain mods.

The exterior looks like crap, and I'm in the process of gutting the interior, and ditching all the extranious equipment: ABS, CC, AC, HVAC, etc....

After the engine is running decently, I'd like to rig up the cheapest possible turbo setup.

The car is located at my house in New Bern NC. If we get it running, and driveable, we can drive it to a shop and work on a lift. I will supply all the beer, food, tools, parts, etc... All I want is some guys with more knowledge than me to help me out.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:09 AM
Banned

get it running right before you tear it all apart and end up with a pile of junk.....spend more time gasining knowledge and it will come easy to you.

Beer is probly a bad idea...... Looks like you have had enough problems trying to figure it out, no need to complicate it
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM

haha.

I ended up with a pile of junk a long time ago. I'm just trying to salvage into something remotely useful before I junk it.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

well if you can even get a lt4 hotcam to run properly how do you think you can get a turbo car to work?

some more advice......when you get deep into the project...all your friends will be gone
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by mdacton
well if you can even get a lt4 hotcam to run properly how do you think you can get a turbo car to work?

some more advice......when you get deep into the project...all your friends will be gone

Meh. I'm just trying to have some fun with it. It would be cool if some other guys wanted to come play, but I'm having fun with the car by myself I guess.

I used to have a turbo car, and I loved it. I'd like to do it again. I gotta get it running NA first though. I was pretty good with the turbo setup.

I pulled the leaky cyl head off today, and discovered that the rearmost head bolt wasn't sealing. Hence water leaking out of the back of the head/block seal.