East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Friday June 22nd Cruise

Old 06-20-2007, 04:47 PM

Friday June 22nd Cruise

Hey guys my Mustang friend Rouven should finally have his Fox up and running by Frinday and is wanting to meet up for a cruise. If your interested just PM me and Ill give you some more details. Should be a good mix of F-Bodys and Mustangs ranging from Fox to New, and 4th gen f-bodys.

Last edited by godspeed1976; 06-20-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:42 AM

yo kev, chance has ta work this weekend.gotta pay for that brand new truck he just got.lol.And i still dont have a muffler yet, so, i guess this time im out. It really bites, but i gotta get on the ball and get something on it. Plus i wanna drive it anyways..lol
Old 06-23-2007, 03:01 PM

It was a lot of fun. Rouven and I went to the track with Allen, Eric, Stacy, Clint, Kevin, and Chris. I actually ran my car on street tires since Eric was using my Drag Radials. Afterwards we went and ate then just drove around for a while headed home around 1:10a.m. I enjoyed it a lot, and wish you guys could have come but I know you will make it to another one.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 PM

Hey Kevin - how well did your car run on street tires in this kind of heat and humidity? I was a little disappointed with my times a couple of weeks ago after installing my new mods. However, I realized that it was 95 degrees and I was comparing my current times to when I ran in mid-60 degree weather.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:20 AM

I dont have my slips on me ATM to give you my exact times but I know them pretty well. I ran 1.93 60' on Khumo Esticas (LMAO, I was kinda impressed!!) I ran 13.41@100.somthing mph) it was 93* when I ran so I have no idea what the track temprature was but I am sure it wasnt very frindly lol. I was also running hot temp wise in the car, which I need to get a wrench on today and figure it out.

I cant wait to run that beauty you have though!!! You still going to Steele today?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:07 AM

No. It looks like the Steele event is postponed. Apparently Steele is having some other event going on which raises the gate price to $20. I think its a car/bike show. Our event was not an official track sponsored event.....just a club outing track day. We are talking with track management for an event in mid-July.

I should be easy pickings for you at the moment. When I ran in 95*+ weather a couple of weeks ago, I ran a 13.80 with a 2.0 60'. I figure I should be a few thenths quicker in milder weather. However, when I get my gear, stall, and sticky tires, I should be scarig the pants off of ya!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by 9t1 z-28
No. It looks like the Steele event is postponed. Apparently Steele is having some other event going on which raises the gate price to $20. I think its a car/bike show. Our event was not an official track sponsored event.....just a club outing track day. We are talking with track management for an event in mid-July.

I should be easy pickings for you at the moment. When I ran in 95*+ weather a couple of weeks ago, I ran a 13.80 with a 2.0 60'. I figure I should be a few thenths quicker in milder weather. However, when I get my gear, stall, and sticky tires, I should be scarig the pants off of ya!
I think with your gears stall, and slicks you will be running dead even with me. Let me know SOON as you get um, we can make some street tire runs, then some runs on your slicks. I think you and me are gonna make one hell of a good race!! Ill have my new gears in next week, so we should be pretty even.

I was a bottle of antifreeze low I found out today, and I pulled my air filter for the first time since I bought the car, and was amazed the car was even running. It took a whole bottle or recharger cleaner, and 3 times to get it simi clean!! I think that is why my top end has been so poor I seem to trap about 5 mph lower then everyone else!!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by godspeed1976
I think with your gears stall, and slicks you will be running dead even with me. Let me know SOON as you get um, we can make some street tire runs, then some runs on your slicks. I think you and me are gonna make one hell of a good race!! .....
Well, I don't think it will be this season. My car was factory stock prior to Memorial day. The few mods I did cost me a trunkful of cash and it will be next spring at best before I can to the stall/gears.

I discovered that I have a leaky water pump while I was putting on the headers. So, the next few hundred dollars spent will be for a new water pump and I'll replace the opti while I'm at it. There went my stall and gear money!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 9t1 z-28
Well, I don't think it will be this season. My car was factory stock prior to Memorial day. The few mods I did cost me a trunkful of cash and it will be next spring at best before I can to the stall/gears.

I discovered that I have a leaky water pump while I was putting on the headers. So, the next few hundred dollars spent will be for a new water pump and I'll replace the opti while I'm at it. There went my stall and gear money!
Look on ebay man, ull be surprised what you can find on there for great deals, or even "Here" or on LS1 Tech. Or you can do what i did and go with an elec wtr pump.., and u should nevr have to worry about gettin another opti wet again. Yall get all ur stuff on, then when i get mine on maybe ill be some decent competition..lol.....by the way, i like the TA. Makes me miss mine, or maybe it was just the T-56....lol
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM

I am taking off next Tuesday and helping James set up my axle.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:25 PM

coooool. Wish i had the extra dough to get mine set up.. guess ill haveta wait for now.Gotta finish tuning upthe Z71, and christy's "HO" ha h a.....lol
Old 06-26-2007, 04:57 AM

My rear axle is making a new noise and it is loud as hell!! I dunno if I should even be driving it now. I hope it holds until Tuesday.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Well here is what was making that lovely sound.

Now I already have the guy lined up have new gears and bearing. I planned on reusing my diff and axles (sorry no pics of the axles) I am wondering if the carrier is to far gone to reuse. Obviously the carrier bearing bit the dust, and decided to eat the sides of the carrier along with it. Will it be ok to reuse the diff? I am saving for a bigger better rear axle now, but alreay have everything needed to patch the 10 bolt as long as I can reused the differential. If not any of you guys have one you wanna get rid of for a reasonably low price? Help?

BTW I've decided to pull the whole axle this week, clean it up. Erik or Chance can I borrow one of you guys Monday Night to hual the axle into Wetumpka? Maybe borrow one of you this weekend to help me finishing pulling the axle housing etc please!!

Last edited by godspeed1976; 09-16-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 PM

Ouch!!! Yeah, that looks like that might have caused some drivability issues! At least you already had all the stuff you needed to fix it and should be better than new when you are done with it!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:34 AM

Yeah I cant wait till its all done with. I just hope the carier bearing races are able to be reused so I dont have to buy a new differential.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Friday June 22nd Cruise