East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Any good repair shops near Columbia, SC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:16 AM

Any good repair shops near Columbia, SC?

I am looking for a reputable repair shop in the Columbia/Lexington, SC area who has some good experience working on 93-97 F-bodies. I have been out of the loop for a while, so I am not familiar with anyone in the area any more. Basically I need someone to do general mechanical repair work and maintenance. My car has some mild mods, so taking it to a dealer is out of the question, not to mention their exorbitant rates. Anyone from the former ATS shop that used to be on Two Notch Rd. in Columbia is out of the question.

If anyone can recommend a good shop please let me know. You can reply here, send me a PM or a direct email from my profile. Any help is appreciated.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 AM

I guess things have not changed much. Still no one around Columbia worth taking your ride to...
Old 03-28-2008, 10:39 PM

You've been out of it a while? I'm trying to get back in after 2 years. How have you been doing?
Old 03-29-2008, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by ROCKIT_Z28
You've been out of it a while? I'm trying to get back in after 2 years. How have you been doing?
I hear ya. I've been spending all my time, energy and money on trying to keep my business going. It's been touch and go for a long time. But I am either seeing the light at the end of the tunnel finally, or it's another train coming! Things are looking "okay" right now. For the most part the car has just been sitting in my climate controlled shop. In 2006 I think I drove it 3 or 4 times. Last year 3 times. At this point it needs some help. The idiots at ATS... well, let's just say it didn't break my heart when I heard they went belly-up I either need to fix the things that need repair and drive it more, or sell it. And I really don't want to sell it. I am the original owner and the car only has 78K miles on it. Tough decision...
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 AM

Glad to hear things are getting better on the business front.

I definitely say keep it. I regret getting rid of mine everyday. I am trying to hold out for 2010 Camaro, but I'm growing impatient. Not to mention, I would rather have two toys and not just one. My son is old enough now to enjoy it and he continues to ask when am I buying another Camaro (Transformers did not hurt that one either).

As far as repair shops, F-body motorsports in Charlotte I believe was taken over by someone new. Of course, Jeff is still working out Raleigh.

You might want to check with www.scfyb.com . The guys on there seem to know a lot of the local places.

Good luck

Last edited by ROCKIT_Z28; 03-31-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:47 AM

Thanks Tim, I will check out www.scfyb.com I used to get on there a few years back. I guess it's worth a shot.

Creech is out of the question. Not so much because of the distance (though that is a problem), but for reasons that will go unmentioned for now.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM

check out http://www.tick-performance.com/ in Mooresville top notch work
Old 04-01-2008, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by SS-ROB
check out http://www.tick-performance.com/ in Mooresville top notch work
Do they pick up and deliver for free too?

Thanks for the promo, but I don't have the time or desire to take my car 3 hours one way just to have some general repair work done on it.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Raptor1
Do they pick up and deliver for free too?

Thanks for the promo, but I don't have the time or desire to take my car 3 hours one way just to have some general repair work done on it.
understood I tried