East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

Alamance Regional Medical Center

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 01:31 PM

Alamance Regional Medical Center

Do not go to this hospital for anything other than a visit. they had my mother since monday with stomach issues and low blood pressure. wensday she felt better then thursday evening took a turn for the worse. they said on thursday she had pneumonia. well they wanted to treat that first, then work on her stomach issues (nausea and diareagh sp?). she couldn't breath to well on her own and the oxygen content in her blood was low. so they put her on a normal nose piece then a mask. friday she was worse than any other day. my wife stayed all night with her and i got there at 7:30am. then i talked to my father about transport to duke. we agreed , the nurse helped us get in contact with her lung doctor at duke (she had a rare form of tb and is missing a good portion of both lungs already) to help get us in quicky. the main doctor over my mother bitched out the nurse, he wasen't aware that the secondary doctor also had already told her to call duke and transport her. when the doctor came to us (my father and my aunts and uncles) he acted all high and mighty. we told him that heather did nothing wrong (the nurse that called duke and was the only nurse worth a **** in the entire place). he proceeded to say she broke protocol. i then got even more pissed off, i told him his protocol ment **** to me and my mothers life comes first. he stormed out and didn't come back untill hours later to check on her (she got moved to CCU , like icu just different name) i went to the nurses boss and patient relations. i proceeded to raise hell about him and his better than thou attitude and how demeaning he was to my family and heather. well they said heather was safe from him no matter what he said due to us praising her performance. well finally she got to duke by 4pm after only a few hours at duke she could talk move and felt 100% better than she did at alamance regional. all they did was put her on a presureized breathing machine (not a tube down her thoat). well i got a call today that made me actually thyp all this crap out. SHE HAD A HEART ATTACK IN ALAMCANCE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER ON TUESDAY AND THE BASTARDS DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT. how in the hell can you call yourself a doctor and not see the blood test and the stats on the patient and miss a heart attack. these god damn doctors at alamance have killed more people than aids almost. my friends mother had a staff infection on the back of her heart and they called it a urinary tract infection. they took her to chapel hill and found it quickly. they told him if they had waited much longer she would have died. IN SHORT stay away from AMRC at all costs. if you have a wreck at piedmont and need treatment . tell them to take you to mosses cone or duke. EMS drivers locally call it the alamance morge. sorry for the rant but i am freaking pissed off and want to burn that mother ****ing place to the ground. i told my father that doctor had a degree alright, he went to college and got it just to be a ****ing idiot. if you now anyone in ARMC please try to have them moved , for thier own safety.