East South Central Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi, and Tennessee

3-9-07 Montgomery Motor Sports Park Cent AL. Get together

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:23 AM

3-9-07 Montgomery Motor Sports Park Cent AL. Get together

Hello Central Alabama!

March 9th marks the opening day of Friday Night Test and Tune. Anyone from the central Alabama area is invited to join us for a good night of running and hanging out with other F-Body lovers.
FRIDAY!

FRIDAY!

FRIDAY!

As you have heard MMP has completely resurfaced the track, and I stopped by Friday to check it all out. They were still hard at work making our track hook like Gerald Swindle on a Sunday Morning Fishing Show (Sorry I had to) It looks great out there, and I am hoping that we can all cut some great 60's.
FRIDAY!

FRIDAY!

FRIDAY!

So come on out. It is $10 to watch and $15 to run all night! Hope to see you all there. Lets show our F-Body Pride.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:37 PM

yo whats up godspeed, i was going to shoot you a pm , and ask about march 9th, but looks like you beat me to it. Oh by the way, my cuz told me he talked to you the other night. I dont remember his screen name , but his name is Chance. he has a 94 Z.He was gonna e-mail you and tell you that he was a relative of mine. just FYI. Come one, come all , it should be a ball!!! ( i know i know . That one was really corney) anywho, LIke godspeed said, the track has been totaly stripped and resurfaced. Should make for some fun 60's ,and some good times. As long as i dont have to work, i am planning on bringing my family, and my cuz , as well as his car.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:44 PM

I'll be there even though my car is not tip top. It will be about the same time I will either be ordering all new parts, or just getting them. So if I break Im gonna hit you guys up for a tow!!
Old 02-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Hey godspeed, no problem. My cuz 1blk93z is a pretty good mechanic when it comes to f bodys, so we should be ok in that department.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:08 PM

chance94z I hear you were looking for some rims, I'll let you check mine out on the 9th, and if you like them I maybe interested in trading you for your stock rims. Mine are 18x9.5 with Khumo 275/35s

1blk93z you think you would be up to working with me on my up and coming upgrades? Rear end rebuild brakes, torque converter or 1.6s. I'll feed you!!

Oh yeah, I met a guy with a very nice 01 Cobra that ran 13.6 last year. He is shooting for high to mid 12's this year. He wants to hook up with us. So I'll bring the Cobra you bring the beatings!!

Last edited by godspeed1976; 02-06-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 AM

Hey godspeed, yeah I am looking for some rims. DO you have any pics of your wheels? I have a nice set of stock salad shooter wheels, if thats what you are looking for. I dont have all 4 tires, but i do have 2 Kumho 711 245/50/16 in good shape that I could let you have. Plus I would be willing to put some cash with it to make it fair.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:03 AM

Sent you a PM. I like my rims they are not bad at all, its just I am wanting more of a street strip set up, and finding 275/35 ET Streets isnt gonna happen, and if it did I am sure it would be well over my budget. My rims have Khumo Supra 712s so you know what kinda traction you will be getting...*cough* none

Old 02-07-2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by godspeed1976
I'll be there even though my car is not tip top. It will be about the same time I will either be ordering all new parts, or just getting them. So if I break Im gonna hit you guys up for a tow!!
I know your pain. Im still rolling on my stock 230,000 mi 3.23 rearend. It cant take much more im sure...MOst of my friends have the Drive it like you stole it thing going on Street or track. Im a little more conservative now and try to save it for the track.F-bods can be expensive.Especially when they have some miles on them.. Right now i dont have the money to rebuild yet. Trying to Save up.

Last edited by 1blk93Z; 02-07-2007 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 02-07-2007, 09:30 AM

as far as the 9th of march, im hoping for a big turn out of f-bods, and stangs alike. I as well would like to see some new cars, and meet some new folks.....Im gonna try and cordinate with my friends to get them out there the same time...

Last edited by 1blk93Z; 02-07-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 PM

I spoke to another guy today with a 94 Formula in Montgomery he said he would try and make it out to. Hey 1blk93Z you know you wanna help me rebuild my rear end so you can get some practice, and free food.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:36 PM

we'll see what we can come up with. I havent decided yet if im gonna do my own or have it done some where where they have all the right tools. So at this point, i cant really say. I havent done a gear swap in a long time. I may go ahead and do mine, so i can get used to it again. That way if i goof, it'll be in my own stuff.I got the gears. Need to buy new axle's bearing's and , im getting a zexel torsen series 3 carrier(of course).All i have right now too, is a dirt ground to work on. That really bites. I used to have access to all the right tools, and lifts. I used to work at Performance Truck Center... We'll come up with sumthin though.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Not sure if you know of Thomas Starter and Alternator on Hwy 111 but that is my family, and we may can get the shop for a day maybe 2. So we would have a lift, and air tools. Not sure if he has dail indicators, a press, and pully pullers etc. Ive never done one, but I have read how to do it a million times in preperation.

Ill have a full deluxe install kit with every bearing, including new wheel bearings, and seals along with a new set of 3.73s, I might get a girdle, but that depends on if I can get some slicks and rims for the track.

So it will be a full on rebuild .
Old 02-09-2007, 12:04 PM

:[QUOTE=godspeed1976;4397805]Not sure if you know of Thomas Starter and Alternator on Hwy 111 but that is my family.

I dont, but chance knows of the shop.. Like i said though, It has been a few years since i have fooled with swaping a set of gears, and even then the build did not require an all out full on over haul. ill be more than happy to help you with it best as i can, but im a little weary of possibly messing up somebody elses prize possession. IM thinking about doing mine my self as well, cause i really dont have the extra dough to pay somebody else, plus i need more experience my self...Im sure this would be some good Club bonding time though...I think it would be cool, if everybody could get together when we can ,on Fri nights or Sat's to hang, and tinker on our rides. Sometimes i wish i had a nice big shop of my own, so every body could have a place to hang and tinker on the rides.... You always see it in the movies ie fast and furious, Gone in 60 sec's you catch my drift... Its nice and all to go to the track, and have cruse's but itd be nice to have a shop to hang as well. Sometimes work , and family doesnt permit though.. I can help you with the other stuff as well when you get it together. I would like to get my son involved as well, he's turning 7 in a few days and i dont wanna miss my chance getting him into a fun (and EXPENSIVE) hobby.....He loves the track too.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 PM

Yeah thats exactly what I would love to do. Get together and work on each others cars. It not only would allow us all to save money, but we would all gain from it, and get projects done lickity split. I have a 2 year old daughter who loves cars, and will get my Firebird when she is 16. I plan on teaching her as well.

I have completed my shopping list, and will do the rear overhaul, new brakes front and rear including rotors (I have 98+ fronts so that will be good learning too). Im also getting some MT ET Street drag radials as well as a Fuddle Converter too. I know Bill Reese at Reese Tire in Slapout and will get him to mount them for me.

I would love to get it all on before the 9th, but I am not sure if that is possible. I will be ordering on the 22nd or 23rd probably. So shipping will take time, and building my converter to spec will take some too.

I have a car port, but a dirt drive. I also have a huge storage building that can be cleaned up and used for assembly etc. Its not a shop but its warm, lit, has power and is pretty big with double doors.

Not sure if we can get the shop, I still need to call and ask Kenny, but I wanted a date to tell him before I ask. Im still short the proper tools to do it. I'll ask him to see what he does and doesn't have and if we can use them. I think we all can pull together on it and maybe come up with something.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 PM

I envy you for the Ls1 front brake up grade, and for having some kinda space to work in. All i have is open country and plenty of dirt to lay on. No protection what so ever to work under. Same for chance. we actually are next door neighbors. (about 80 yards apart) ,but in the country where its nice and quiet.We help each other out when ever each other need some help. Good lord willin when we refinance our house, im plannin on constructing a 30 X 50 shop. I CANT WAIT. I am borm and raised from Virginia so im used to working on my cars come rain ,sleet, snow, and shine. But afterdoing that since i was 5, i really would love my own shop, anda place for the boys to work on stuff. and my prize posession, my 69' Ponticac Custom S. Thinking of an LS6 swap in it with a T-56(maybe)

Last edited by 1blk93Z; 02-09-2007 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 3-9-07 Montgomery Motor Sports Park Cent AL. Get together