Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > 1967-2002 Specific Technical Discussion > Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Links Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Z28LiveVendor Directory TSBs

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #1

Question What is a used 94 Z28 rear end worth??

Hey,

I have a chance to buy a used rearend out of a burnt car that I am buying. I want the gears only for my car when I convert from A4 to M6. It has about 125k miles on it. What would be fair or would I be better to just buy a gear set?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
1982 Z28 305, 4 speed
Cool ZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:12 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 94formulabz
Re: What is a used 94 Z28 rear end worth??

Just get some 3.73s or 4.10s. think of all the m6 guys on here discussing gear swaps, the stock gears are a lil steep.

The only time 3.42s make sense is for a swap into an auto with 2.73s on an extreme budget.

If you are on an extrememly tight budget(you have the wrong hobby), and its out of a car that is very close to stock and still want it: $100-150 at most.

Make sure it has the same ABS setup that you currently have. Do a search, its discussed all the time in drivetrain.

A couple nice things i will say about a factory setup is that the gears won't whine. Swapping the whole rear is very easy(especially if it comes with the brake brackets) and requires no special tools. Its a good oppertunity to paint it up nice and black and make it look pretty if you are 100% certain that the car will never require a 12 bolt or 9".

good luck,
Brent
94formulabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #3

Re: What is a used 94 Z28 rear end worth??

Thanks for the info on that.

I talked to the guy and he wants about $350 for the entire rear end. I will just buy a new set of gears for the car. I have the budget for it, I just thought this would be simplier if the price was cheap enough. I was also thinking I could have it blasted and painted up before I installed it. I plan on having about 400 hp when I am finished, just enought to get me into trouble.

I am going to do a search later on the zexel conversion and see what the consensus is on that.

Thanks
1982 Z28 305, 4 speed
Cool ZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 AM

Reply Post New Thread