Welcome to Camaro Z28!

Welcome to CamaroZ28.Com, the ultimate Source for Camaro enthusiasts! Here you can join over 90,000 Camaro enthusiasts from around the world discussing all things related to Camaros and more. You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view discussions

To gain full access to our forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:
  • Participate in over 40 different forums and search/browse from over 5 million posts.
  • Upload your Camaro details to your Garage
  • Post photos, respond to polls and access other special features
  • Gain access to our free marketplace to buy, sell and trade Camaros, parts and more.
All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so join our community today today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact support.

Go Back   CamaroZ28.Com Message Board > 1967-2002 F-Body Technical Discussion > 1967-2002 Specific Technical Discussion > Drivetrain
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Reply Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #1

replacing slave cylinder

I think mine is broke, any way to check? Clutch wont disengage. Whats the process to remove it?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on CamaroZ28.com!
96' Formula M6 - Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow CB, cutout, 1.6rr's, MADz28 Tune, CAI, K&N, LS1 driveshaft, Taylor 8mm wires, TR55's, TB bypass, !EGR, !AIR, LT4 springs, Felpro 1074 headgaskets, 6speedinc T56, LT4 PP, Hurst shifter.
Jazsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #2

Re: replacing slave cylinder

Have you checked your clutch fluid level?

Slave cylinder is bolted to the driver's side of the bellhousing and is held on with 2 nuts. Unbolt it and pull it out of the housing. Attached to the end of it is a rubber boot and a short rod. Have a friend partially depress the clutch pedal while you hold the slave cylinder to check for motion. DO NOT press all the way down on the clutch pedal as over extension of the slave cylinder can damage it. Also look inside the bell housing and inspect your clutch fork.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #3

Yes it ws bleed w/ a mighty vac, I need to replace the slave how do you do it? I know how to unbolt it from the housing but how do you disconnect it from the steel hose?
96' Formula M6 - Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow CB, cutout, 1.6rr's, MADz28 Tune, CAI, K&N, LS1 driveshaft, Taylor 8mm wires, TR55's, TB bypass, !EGR, !AIR, LT4 springs, Felpro 1074 headgaskets, 6speedinc T56, LT4 PP, Hurst shifter.
Jazsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to Camaro_Boy Send a message via MSN to Camaro_Boy

when mine went i had to reaplace the whole setup.. bran new costs a bit.. suggestion.. maybe get one from the scrap yard. unless u can get access to a crimper that will compress the hydrolic line back in. ive heard of a "repair kit" most likly there is a small air hole someone in the line.. likely to be under the clutch petal.. the seals go so just replace the whole setup and call it a day
Old 08-13-2006, 02:39 PM   #5

My local parts store sold just the slave cylinder. The steel braided line connects with a roll pin. You push out the old roll pin (I used a small diameter punch). The new slave came with a replacement roll pin. There were also directions in the box.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to DirtyDaveW
You guys are priceless...

This is the reply I was looking for on all the other boards. Here's the question I'd posed....
"I was able to start my '96 383 Solid Roller last night. Elation turned to dismay after I tried to depress the clutch, felt resistance, pressed harder, then heard a snap. I got under the car to find that one ear of the two slave cylinder attachment points had snapped off. I stopped by Advance Auto Parts on the way home and they carry just the slave for around $4x.xx. That beats the socks off the full assembly I thought I "had" to buy from GM ($175?) last time. Anyway, after examining the slave cylinder that's still attached to the line in the car. it appears the line is captured by a very tiny pin. Have any of you replaced just the slave cylinder on a 93-97 T56 equipped Fbody car? THanks in advance...

btw-I did search before posting this. Most posts are about replacing the 98 - 02 LS1 version slave cylinders.

David K. Wilson"

THanks!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBE1 95Z28 View Post
My local parts store sold just the slave cylinder. The steel braided line connects with a roll pin. You push out the old roll pin (I used a small diameter punch). The new slave came with a replacement roll pin. There were also directions in the box.
DirtyDaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #7

That pin is a roll pin; it is pushed out to separate the braided line from the slave housing. The replacement slave cylinder will come with instructions.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:15 PM

Reply Post New Thread