Drivetrain Clutch, Torque Converter, Transmission, Driveline, Axles, Rear Ends

Replaced broken slave cylinder. Clutch not going down to floor.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 05:50 PM

Replaced broken slave cylinder. Clutch not going down to floor.

So I was driving yesterday, shifting normally around 35 mph and all of a sudden I heard a noise, like a chatter or bang and the clutch went straight to the floor and was inoperable. Low and behold, the slave cylinder was dangling and broke off the 2 bolts. I got a new slave cylinder, bled it out but after installing it, the clutch will not engage. Outside the car, while pressing the slave cylinder by hand, and having someone push the clutch, it works properly and goes all the way to the floor. My question is, how loose is the fork supposed to be? Cause it's really loose and I can push it back and forth with no effort at all as if it were blowing in the wind. I would think it would need to be solid to keep pressure on the slave cylinder. Any one have any input? Thanks.!! It's a t-56 6 speed transmission. Just had a new clutch, input shaft, throw out bearings installed about 8 months ago.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 PM

Re: Replaced broken slave cylinder. Clutch not going down to floor.

Sounds like either your clutch release fork or the Throw Out Bearing(Release bearing) or both, are FUBAR'd.
Looks like it's time to drop the tranny and bell housing and check out the damage.