Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Who makes a fiberglass dash

Old 02-04-2004, 09:43 PM

Who makes a fiberglass dash

Who all makes a fiberglass dash ( BESIDES VFN ) i WONT **** FROM THEM NOW.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:26 AM

RJ Race Cars offers one in fiberglass and in carbon Fiber or call Jerry Bickel, he to offers a dash so does Glass tech and Harry Glass.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:05 AM

What's wrong with VFN?
Does RJ Racecars have a website?
Old 02-05-2004, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by big worm
What's wrong with VFN?
Does RJ Racecars have a website?
www.rjracecars.com
Old 02-05-2004, 10:49 AM

I called up VFN and ordered an dash and they charged my account wrong and caused 2 NSF fee to my account one 84 and one for 112. they paid the 84 dollar one but said thats all they would pay for a mistake that they openly admitted to making. So I had my bank call them and confirm that the NSF fees were directly caused by them and they still said they would no pay the fee. Luckily the bank felt sorry for me and droped the fee's but if a company openly admits to charging you wrong and causes errors in your account and wont stand behind there mistake screw them.

I have found a super nice dash at the harry glass.com site for only 230 much nicer then the **** vfn is selling and cheaper
Old 02-05-2004, 06:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with VFN. I've bought 2 hoods from them...One for my '77 Camaro and one for my '93. From what I've found, their quality is far superior than most...Especially considering the price differences. I paid less than $300 for my bolt-on cowl induction hood for the '93.

Frank
Old 02-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Administrator

All of these dashes seem to be a replica of the 4th Gen Firebird dash. Is there anyone that make a replica of a 4th Gen Camaro dash?

Appears the VFN part is for a factory body. Is this true of the pieces like the ones from Bickel, that seem to be made for Pro Strock bodies?

I need to find a 4th Gen Camaro light weight replica.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:44 PM

I took a pic after installing a vfn dash I'll post another when i have the interior fully done..

Old 02-20-2004, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2004, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by Injuneer
All of these dashes seem to be a replica of the 4th Gen Firebird dash. Is there anyone that make a replica of a 4th Gen Camaro dash?

Appears the VFN part is for a factory body. Is this true of the pieces like the ones from Bickel, that seem to be made for Pro Strock bodies?

I need to find a 4th Gen Camaro light weight replica.
I have to agree with you the only dash available I have seen is designed from the Firebird. Having a Camaro I to would love to have a Camaro dash design. If your considering going the route of light weight dash I know a company that will build anything Carbon Fiber as long as they have a part to mold from. Probably on the high side but just a idea. If interested give a shout and I would be more than happy to foward the link. I have seen the work this company does on a racers car(Mark Dantonni) and the work is second to none!

Just a suggestion if you go the route of a dash ask the manufacture if a two peice design is available. I have the Harry glass in my car and it is a two peice. I couldn't imagine having to wrestle an entire dash out of the car just to make checks.

Good Luck
Old 02-25-2004, 12:14 AM
Administrator

The guys at Second Street Speed found a source for a Camaro dash, but they are only built to order, and take 4 weeks. The car I'm helping with needs to go together sooner than that, so we'll just put as little of the stock dash back in for the time being.

If you want the name of the Camaro dash source, I'll try and get it for you.
Old 02-26-2004, 03:18 PM

exactly how much weight did it cut goin from the stock dash to the fiberglass one?
Old 02-27-2004, 03:18 PM
Administrator

VFN quotes the weight of their fiberglass dash as 4#. Its got to save "a lot" . For extreme weight savings, also consider the combined rear valence/taillight/bumper panel at 8#.

Turns out we really can't use a fiberglass dash on PRO/Edelbrock Xtreme Street:
6.1 INTERIOR

INTERIOR, GENERAL: Must maintain stock appearance; including factory OEM dashboard, headliner, & steering column cover. Heater/air conditioners may be removed. Master cylinder may be relocated to accommodate brake pedals & linkage.
Old 03-03-2004, 03:55 AM

Stock dash with the bottom support bar and nothing else (no glove box, gauge cluster or cluster cover, top panel, bottom panels, or any other panels is probably under 20 #. Actual dash is only supposed to be 10#'s

Last edited by aram; 03-03-2004 at 03:58 AM.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:01 PM

http://www.suncoastracecars.com/page39.html

http://www.suncoastracecars.com/page24.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who makes a fiberglass dash