Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

New Best for me

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM

New Best for me

Well I got the NANO, and the microedge all hooked up and the new suspension on just in time to run on sat night, I LOVE the microedge and interface combo, i really like the TPS feature of the microedge now everything is nicely hidden no more ugly WOT switch, and the NANO was working perfect. Hit a new best lst night. 12.68@111 still a lot more in there, my 60's actually went down for some reason eventhough i was hooking a ton better and actually launching straight, and i was running only about an 80hp shot and i wasnt spraying till 2nd gear, i think it has the traction to spray off the line, but i am actually really happy i am running in a 12.76 class so my times are just about perfect and i won my races so i am now #1 in points lead for the series. Although i did kill my pcm when i was in the pits so sounds like it's time to give pcm for less a call. Before the car was running about a 13.4 on motor, however for some reason this actually went down a bit with the new suspension, but that's another thread in the suspension section. I'm just stoked to be finally into the 12's, like i said i think there is a lot more there but the times are perfect for my class right now
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM

good job,
post all your times 60' 1/8 and 1/4 with speeds
Old 01-19-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by slowride94z
good job,
post all your times 60' 1/8 and 1/4 with speeds

will definatly do, right now i'm trapped on the couch poppin vicoden and darvaset, (surgery today) i'll probably get out to the car tomorrow so grab my track log
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 PM

Looks like a nice ET drop to me! What tire? The sooner you spray, the more effective the hose will be. I'd look for another .2 reduction if you spray from the line. Goodluck

A bit of nitrous..It got me in the 12's also...and I was going 15.60's N/A...haha
Old 01-20-2009, 07:23 PM

MT et street radial 255/50/16's i was taking it a little easier off the line, staging at about 1500rpm and then stabbing it on green, i wante d to make sure that i'd actually hook up since before the shocks and springs it didn't seem to matter what i did i couldn't hook up. The new suspension helped quite a bit, the car is launching nice and straight and not spinning off the line anymore. even though i did lose a bit of time n/a but i think i can get that back by starting to stiffen up the front shocks a bit and hit it a little harder, now it is time to start bringing up the power and see what happens, i also had 1st locked out so it was only spraying in 2 and 3. Overall i'm really happy with the results, time to start tweaking the settings now