Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Got a weird question about racing with a 6 speed

Old 08-20-2009, 04:57 PM

Got a weird question about racing with a 6 speed

Ok so this might be a dumb serious of questions coming up but I am new to this so please bear with me.

First off I have a 95 supercharged 6 speed Trans Am. I would like to know what is the best way to not to spin my tires for a damn minute before I decide to grab and go (a little exageration but you get what im saying). Is there a certain RMP level that is best for takeoffs or a certain suspension part that helps with traction or what.

Just give me any and all advice please. I want to smoke all the automatics out here in Goldsboro. (i understand that automatics are best for racing but I want to be able to show them some game)

thank again for everyone times

Geordi
Old 08-20-2009, 05:03 PM

Dude...what RPM to drop the clutch is a going to vary...car by car..you're going to have to figure what works for your car. Also, you talking about track or street racing. On the street...I have to "launch" differently on asphalt then I do on concrete. If on the track...they'll prep the road to be consistent.

So, don't think there's an easy answer for you..besides you just trying out what works for you.

I have an A4, so for me...I kinda have to "ease" into the throttle until I'm sure I have traction, and then floor it. Brake stalling or just stomping it does nothing but spin in place, which looks cool..but you ain't going anywhere.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:07 PM

oh alright. wasn't sure if there was an easy way out haha. So its best to just get to know me car? Yeah your right it might look cool but your *** is still sittin in place lol

thanks for the info west
Old 08-20-2009, 11:04 PM
Administrator

What to you have done to the suspension, if anything? What rear axle ratio are you running - stock 3.42? What tires are you using? Are you talking street or track? What kind of HP level... how much boost? On a stock engine, or a modified engine?
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 AM

Drag Radials (or slicks at the track) and a lot of suspension.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:44 AM

well so far I have only sub frame connectors and front and rear sway bars suspension wise. I am running 295's in the back. yeah its stock 3:42's but I plan on getting 4:10's and for now im just talking on the street. I dont no my HP right now but I am running a powerdyne supercharger with only 4.5psi of boost with a 50psi shot of nos is necessary (want to only use at the track tho) stock bottom and and everything else stock (tb, injectors, heads, ect..).

Also what are some more upgrades suspension wise I could do?

Thanks for all the help by the way guys. much appreciated.

Last edited by Meat Spinn; 08-21-2009 at 12:44 AM. Reason: .
Old 08-21-2009, 08:05 AM

i would not use n2o with a blower on the stock bottom end. Put a gear and rearend in it and drop the clutch at 5k. you will need some sticky tires.