Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Banned From Jr Drag racing

Old 12-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Re: Banned From Jr Drag racing

Originally Posted by darrens99formul
10? Did you get a fake drivers license and sit on a few of phone books to see over the dash board? But then how did you reach the pedals? Or were these not regular passenger cars?

At 16 you have a lot of life and time ahead of you. Soon enough you'll be legal to race at any speed assuming you have the required safety equipment. Then the real fun begins. I commend you for racing at the track. Most kids that race do it on the street risking thier lives as well as innocent motorists caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. You sound like you got a good head on your shoulders and I wish you luck with your appeal to IHRA.

Now cut your hair, get a job and stop being so lazy. What didn't everyone hear that on a daily basis at 16? I know I did
They are not regular cars. They're Jr Dragsters. The minimum age is 8 and maximum age is 17.

I'm not sure about IHRA, but I remember them being pretty strict with the rules back when my brother used to race.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
They are not regular cars. They're Jr Dragsters. The minimum age is 8 and maximum age is 17.

I'm not sure about IHRA, but I remember them being pretty strict with the rules back when my brother used to race.

Hehe that makes sense. I was trying to picture a 10 year old driving a Camaro or Trans Am and it just wasn't working

I have a 12 year old son that might be interested in doing something like that. Maybe I'll look into it and see what's up in my neck of the woods.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:18 PM
West South Central Moderator / Special Guest

joe-
that car would not be legal because its not powered by a lawn mower engine!

sounds like bs to me. if you run fast once, and then work on dialing it back i dont see the issue. just like if I run "A" 9 sec pass, I dont get booted for a YEAR for not having a comp license.

SOUNDS like there is more to it, buy maybe not
Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by JordonMusser
joe-
that car would not be legal because its not powered by a lawn mower engine!
LMAO, Never heard it stated exactly like that. How true.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:40 PM

I have a 12 year old son that might be interested in doing something like that. Maybe I'll look into it and see what's up in my neck of the woods.
Damn, I just sold my old car over the summer on the way to the race where all of this happened haha, it was the car i started in, i wish i still had that one, none of this probably would have happened