Drag Racing Technique Improve your track times

Banned From Jr Drag racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 04:22 PM

Re: Banned From Jr Drag racing

Originally Posted by Timberwolf
My cousin is one of the top JR dragster racers in the country. Last name is Gutzman, maybe you've heard of him

His car is insanely fast too. He has several cars and they only allow the fast one in the outlaw class.
I know the name and I also run the outlaw class, i just think it's time to create a new class many of the cars are also running much faster than 7.90 the cages and safety equiptment are plenty safe enough
Old 12-15-2004, 07:58 AM

Hard for me to believe they dont welcome you with one pass, usually you have to back it up to be valitated. Timing lights might have been acting funny. But if you consistantly run that fast then you need to slow down, should be easy to do...

Good luck! I like those little motors, running as quick as my V8...
Old 12-15-2004, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
And this is posted on an F-Body bulletin board for what reason?

Because he wanted to?
He did originally post the topic in the lounge where anything goes. And then it was moved to the "Drag Racing" section and... well... it IS about drag racing.

I guess you don't welcome me here since I don't have an F-Body?

Old 12-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
Because he wanted to?
He did originally post the topic in the lounge where anything goes. And then it was moved to the "Drag Racing" section and... well... it IS about drag racing.

I guess you don't welcome me here since I don't have an F-Body?

Yeah, no s**t. Way to contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation Injuneer. I personally find this post a lot more interesting than the 50,000 "will DR's help my traction" posts. Man, those JR's would smoke my car from a stop, and keep right next to it from a roll. What kind of short times can they pull?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by izzyz28
Yeah, no s**t. Way to contribute absolutely nothing to the conversation Injuneer. I personally find this post a lot more interesting than the 50,000 "will DR's help my traction" posts. Man, those JR's would smoke my car from a stop, and keep right next to it from a roll. What kind of short times can they pull?
Thanks for the mature feedback..... you're entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. I'll look for your "contributions" in the future.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by izzyz28
My car usually runs an average of about a 1.7 seconds in the 60' and with the 1/8 mile setup usually an average of a 5 seconds in the 330'
Old 12-17-2004, 06:12 PM

I'd show you guys the time slip but im not sure how to upload the picture
Old 12-18-2004, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
What was your mph?

HAHAHAHA a true gearhead.

What if the car really didn't run that fast and it was a "hotdog wrapper" pass? I'd be up in arms.

MM's event out at Milan had 40mph gusts and leafs all over the damn place. people were running low 3 second 1/4 mile times because of the leafs. Nobody was banned that I seen.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
HAHAHAHA a true gearhead.
What if the car really didn't run that fast and it was a "hotdog wrapper" pass? I'd be up in arms.
MM's event out at Milan had 40mph gusts and leafs all over the damn place. people were running low 3 second 1/4 mile times because of the leafs. Nobody was banned that I seen.
I know, it doesnt make much sence that they just threw me out with no warning or anything and didnt want to hear any kind of argument in our favor, Even from 13X NHRA Funny Car Champ John Force, he talked to the president of the IHRA for us, providing the same argument that something could have blown through the lights at the top end and yet nothing had been changed.
Old 12-19-2004, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Hard for me to believe they dont welcome you with one pass, usually you have to back it up to be valitated. Timing lights might have been acting funny. But if you consistantly run that fast then you need to slow down, should be easy to do...

Good luck! I like those little motors, running as quick as my V8...

totally agree there. that is crap. if you did it twice i say ban you. but it sounds like a timing malfunction. if that were for a record you would have to back it up FOR SURE. i think the rules should apply the same in both directions.

I know rules are rules and saftey is saftey, but in this case it sounds like there was an error.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:46 PM

Seems to me that if the track and organization were in the habit of banning folks for a year on their very first violation, that they would rapidly find themselves without racers. The org. thrives on participation, and cannot afford to be scaring away their competitors with the threat of 1 year expulsion for 'accidently' running too fast one time. Either they have been yelling and screaming at the racers to NOT break E/T's and have been warning of zero tolerance, or else they have some other prior beef against your race team. Either way, it sounds to me like part of your story is missing. Has your team had any prior confrontations with track management?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:40 PM

No you would think that because of such a harsh punishment, but before this happend I was just another racer the only thing they new about me was my number nothing ever happened before that would give them a reason to be as strict as they were
Old 12-20-2004, 05:08 AM

Sounds fishy.

Personally I wish they would ban the whole lot of jr. dragsters....big waste of time IMO and I personally do not like a bunch of kids running around the pits.

Also, why are you so upset...from your sig you have 3 vehicles listed and YOUR only sixteen....does your dad know your pushing his stuff as yours.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:38 AM

first off, you would rather have hundred of kids racing on the streets rather than the track risking their lives as well as others, where as on the track they learn how to race safely and learn all the rules, so when they get old enough to run a big car they have enough experience so they're not screwing around, and they actually have an idea of what to do on the track. And second yes yes you got me I'm listing all my dads rides under my sig, because clearly my sponsor didnt give me the peterbilt to tow the trailer, and i dont have the jr. cuz i dont race those, and I didnt just buy a camaro for my first car, and my dad didnt give me the 442 to run when i get done in jr's, ya got me guy.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:32 AM

I *think* Cantonracer is just yanking your chain a little... thats all!

And I think Jr. Dragster is a cool idea, myself. I saw it at the Joliet, Illinois track once and was very impressed.

However, might I offer up an idea? That perhaps track management is trying to 'persuade' you to step up into the their regular classes? Sounds like it's time to try out that 442, or even campaign that V6 Camaro. I'd bet that with some E/T streets on the back and some boxed lower control arms, it could be a pretty consistent bracket car.

Quick Reply: Banned From Jr Drag racing