Computer Diagnostics and Tuning Technical discussion on diagnostics and programming of the F-body computers

FAST dual wideband O2 through TTS Datamaster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:05 PM

FAST dual wideband O2 through TTS Datamaster?

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone tried using FAST Dual Wideband O2 through TTS Datamaster for logging AFR. I know that Victor (Hungry T/A) had a very nice wright up on using LC-1 controller to do that.
The reason I am asking is because it would seem to me that by using FAST dual wideband O2 it would be even easier.
The FAST unit has already an analog out put to simulate the NB O2 if you want to run WB O2 only and not use the NB O2 , you just have to tap the analog output for NB O2 from FAST unit in to the factory O2 harness.
Since the Datamaster already shows NB O2 reading in Volts 0-1 you do not need a conversion like you have to do with LC1 unit if you are tapping thought the AC pressure sensor.
All you would have to do is wright the formula for converting the 0-1 volt reading in NB in to an AFR.
You may be able to do that the Left and Right Bank reading will show the true AFR and not the voltage range 0-1v., If you can do that in Datamaster.
or you just will have two custom engine parameters boxes with AFR reading for each bank.
I would appreciate every input from anyone who knows Datamaster really well or have done any AFR datalogging with Datamaser.
I know I may have to need to know the number that I need to put in to custom data in Datamaster that responsible for Left and Right bank O2 readings, like the AC sensor is 30.
I know it has to be possible.
There is a place in CA that sell those FAST dual widebands for $375 right now. And if it will work with Datamaster you will not need the RPM module($150) that FAST introduced recently.
I will also will need help on figuring the formula for converting 0-1v NB O2 readings in to showing it in AFR. I will contact FAST to find out if there NB O2 simulation is directly proportionate to Wideband reading, ( if WB O2 reads 1v it should be .2v in NB O2 or if the WB O2 reads 4v it should be .8v in NB O2) Also I will try to find out what is the range for there Wideband.
Lets do it.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
sbs

If it was that easy, everybody would already be doing it....

If your WB is simulating a NB, then it's just as useful for tuning as a NB.

The LC-1 has that same capability, BTW.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by steve9899
If it was that easy, everybody would already be doing it....

If your WB is simulating a NB, then it's just as useful for tuning as a NB.

The LC-1 has that same capability, BTW.
I am saying it would be easier. Not easy.
Just think , FAST unit operates on 0-4.096 volts
between the AFR range of 9.6/1-21/1 AFR
When there unit reads 0v its 21afr / 4.096v its 9.6afr
So when you go to analog mode for NB O2 simulation
all the unit is doing is scaling the voltage down for NB to the range of 0-1v.
0 volt is 0 volts, 2.048 is 0.5volts and 4.096 is 1 volt
in NB O2.

Car PCM is the one that does the hole thing on , OK voltage
is higher then .7 v means rich and if the voltage is lower then .3 means lean. the range between .3-.7 is stoich for car PCM = 14.7afr
By putting the circuits numbers for the L and R bank of O2 in custom engine you just need to get the formula down for scaling down and translating in to AFR
2.048 v in WB O2 is 0.5 volts in NB 02 that would translate in to 15.3 AFR =0.5 volt in NB
18.15 AFR = 0.25 volt in NB 12.45 AFR = .75volt

I just do not see how its not possible, unless the Datamaster will not let you tap in to those 2 circuits as
custom engine data while they are showing data in main screen as NB voltage.
Also FAST was only out for about a year with there dual wideband meter, they just came out with RPM module couple month back.
May be that is why no one tried it yet.
Just my 2c.
I want to buy one, I think its a cool unit, but I do not want to waist my money on something that will not work as I am thinking, but if someone who done the LC-1 or other units with DM synchronize loging can tell me that my logic is correct and it should work I will be the first one to try.